Worst U.S. state to live in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:23:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Worst U.S. state to live in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst U.S. state to live in  (Read 2873 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:19:36 AM »

States like the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, etc are all incredibly cheap to live in. If you've got a decent amount of money you can buy a mcmansion and live quite comfortably. And I like the cold, so Alaska's still on the table. The worst state would be one that is simultaneously expensive like California, boring like North Dakota, hot/humid like Mississippi, flat like Kansas, prone to natural disasters like Louisiana, and populated by insane meth addicts like West Virginia.

So definitely Florida.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 05:25:30 PM »

On the issue of hot/cold: There's nothing I hate more than trying to fall asleep while it's hot (and worse, humid) outside. Laying in bed sweating is unbelievably unpleasant. The sheets stick to your skin and you toss and turn constantly.

In the cold, you also get to start up the fireplace, turn on the heater, and bundle up under a huge pile of blankets. Falling asleep while it's cold is really comfy. So I'm sorry to say it, but I'd rather live in Alaska than anywhere down south. And it's a shame, because I love southern cooking.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 11:38:33 PM »

I've been to almost every state in the country, lived in Europe, and have lived in a variety of places- both some of the most liberal and conservative states in the US.  There isn't a place I wouldn't live again.  

But assuming that's not a concern [...]  FL would be the worst for me.

Confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies