CNN: Biden 39, Sanders 15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:58:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNN: Biden 39, Sanders 15
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: CNN: Biden 39, Sanders 15  (Read 5631 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 09:52:49 AM »

Democratic voters wants someone who will work with Republicans more than hold progressive positions.

Work with Republicans to do what? Lol. Wow. Voters are just stupid. Republicans have refused to work with Democrats for two straight years and have shown that they want to go after everything Democrats claim to care about. We are f-cked.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »

I bet, Biden already can smell the sweetest hair victory.

Biden is a clear frontrunner. Fundraising, endorsements, polling numbers (even if a part of bump is likely temporal) was quiete good.
Voters wants bipartisan solutions.

Who would believe it?   Roll Eyes
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »

Poll also says 36% of people are fully decided
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »

Democratic voters wants someone who will work with Republicans more than hold progressive positions.

Yeah, it's very important to work with people who are perfectly happy ignoring an existential threat.

Anyway, obviously this is a great poll for Biden, but it does show how soft support is this early, and if Biden actually does run away with this as easily as some here think, I'll change my username to something of someone else's choosing.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 10:35:15 AM »

The race is only beginning and nobody is anywhere close to securing the nomination.

But, with that said, I can guarantee I'd never, under any circumstances, vote for Biden or any non-Progressive Democrat (AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Sanders type) for any office. I sat out 2018 and I'll just sit out 2020 if I must.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »

If Biden wins the nomination than Trump will get re-elected due to Biden's constant gaffes. On principle I wouldn't vote for Biden in the general and it wouldn't even matter since I'm in California.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2019, 10:39:11 AM »

If Biden wins the nomination than Trump will get re-elected due to Biden's constant gaffes. On principle I wouldn't vote for Biden in the general and it wouldn't even matter since I'm in California.

Imagine thinking gaffes matter when your opponent is Donald Trump. If Biden loses, it will be due to relatively normal things like the economy being stable, not because he sticks his foot in his mouth.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »

Imagine thinking gaffes matter when your opponent is Donald Trump. If Biden loses, it will be due to relatively normal things like the economy being stable, not because he sticks his foot in his mouth.

A stable economy hasn't exactly helped Trump's numbers so far. Making jokes about people who have accused you of touching them inappropriately is exactly the sort of thing that could keep voters at home. That wasn't really a gaffe as much as it was just being cavalier, which is almost more problematic than a gaffe.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »

A stable economy hasn't exactly helped Trump's numbers so far. Making jokes about people who have accused you of touching them inappropriately is exactly the sort of thing that could keep voters at home. That wasn't really a gaffe as much as it was just being cavalier, which is almost more problematic than a gaffe.

Yet that "gaffe" didn't hurt Biden's numbers at all.

Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »

As the polls have said all along, Biden is the clear frontrunner. His victory is not inevitable, but he is certainly the most likely winner.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »

Work with Republicans to do what? Lol. Wow. Voters are just stupid. Republicans have refused to work with Democrats for two straight years and have shown that they want to go after everything Democrats claim to care about. We are f-cked.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2019, 11:03:17 AM »

Americans are f#cking stupid and the Democratic Party is completely useless example number 6,341.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »

I am not amused ...

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »

That was just an example. He could make further gaffes during the general election campaign that voters might not forgive.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »

That was just an example. He could make further gaffes during the general election campaign that voters might not forgive.

And again, I just point to Trump.

Gaffes don't matter much when you are an old white guy in this country.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »

They mattered against Mitt Romney , the let Detroit go bankrupt op-Ed if you actually read it was no where near as bad as people believed it was but the Obama campaign and the media spun it as Romney wanted to destroy the entire auto industry here .

Also the self deportation quote was completely and utterly taken out of context , his plan was to cut of benefits to illegal immigrants and to prevent them from getting a job here  so due to that they would leave.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2019, 11:15:24 AM »

In order to win, Biden has to depend on voters who have a lower tolerance for nonsense. The same isn't true for Trump.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »

THis poll has a standard deviation of 6 points, with 50-65 it’s 10.9, and over 65 it’s 10. Biden is definitely ahead but this poll isn’t very good.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »

THis poll has a standard deviation of 6 points, with 50-65 it’s 10.9, and over 65 it’s 10. Biden is definitely ahead but this poll isn’t very good.

Wow, um, that's extremely normal. Subsamples have larger margins of error. Shocking stuff.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »

The rest are…

Booker 2%
Gabbard 2%
Klobuchar 2%
Castro 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Inslee 1%
Swalwell 1%
Williamson 1%
Yang 1%
de Blasio, Ryan, Bennet, Bullock, Delaney, Hickenlooper, Messam, Moulton 0%
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »

They don’t list any numbers for respondents below 45 years old, so they must not have had a large enough sample size of younger voters.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »

They don’t list any numbers for respondents below 45 years old, so they must not have had a large enough sample size of younger voters.

Like I said elsewhere, this is what you get when you oversample older voters.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:48 PM »

Gillibrand's numbers are so bad.

Just think of the hype she was getting in 2017 and look where she is polling now. Should have never went after Bill Clinton for Metoo.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »

Biden’s favorables with the general population have dropped like a rock in recent months though, mirroring Hillary’s early slide ...

BTW: I guess this is Marianne’s first debate-qualifying poll.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »

Most people with a brain can distinguish between a huggy personality that was more common in Biden’s age group and actual sexual assault/harrassment
True. Unfortunately that is not the case for a number of Atlas users, where merely holding a handshake for a second too long is deemed practically identical to child rape.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies