S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:53:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled)  (Read 2644 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: May 04, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »

BTW, I am hopeful that my fellow Representatives take 0 action on this.

I think it's funny how the federalists, who would be mad if we tried single payer healthcare, are now trying to enforce government action in another sector. Remember this, joining and leaving a social media platform is a complete choice. It is within the full rights of a social media platform to control who is on their site, if people don't like it they can leave the site. It is just as this very forum has the right to ban whoever it wants within the terms and conditions of its site. Would you want the government controlling who can be on atlas forum?

Arguably, this is a worse bill than anything ASV or Suburban NJ Conservative has put out there.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

Arguably, this is a worse bill than anything ASV or Suburban NJ Conservative has put out there.
That's a bit of a dramatic statement and I guarantee you probably already know that.
IDK about that one the three federalist up and comers hopefully shape up soon!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 05:40:41 PM »

That's a bit of a dramatic statement and I guarantee you probably already know that.
IDK about that one the three federalist up and comers hopefully shape up soon!

I was elected to fight for my voters and that is what I am attempting to do. They're being banned and silenced left and right.

What should I do? Just stand their and get voted out of office in july?
They are being banned from a social media platform, who cares. If they want their views spread they should start their own social media platform, easy enough. Nobody is going to vote you out because you don't make a bill defending Alex Jones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies