S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:21:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.2-4: Expanding 1st amend article II speech rights to social media (Tabled)  (Read 2614 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: May 04, 2019, 03:35:37 AM »

I’m not entirely convinced it’s the role of the Southern Chamber or my job as Governor to be regulating that at a regional level. This probably is an argument that would be better handled at the Federal level. Delegate Leinad also made some compelling points on the matter. I think we’d have a difficult time enforcing this law and I urge it be introduced at a Federal level.

Once again I have to concur with the governor, Young Texan, of this great region of the South, that is Dixieland. This would appear to be a Federal issue. I encourage those in Nyman to pursue this. I hope the President of our great nation of Atlasia will take action on the concerns, of at least some of the delegates of this chamber, with regards to Freedom of speech on social media.

I agree. I also call on the president and congress to protect the free speech of our citizens.

This is bs that everyone on the right is being banned. What's next anyone that believes in basic conservative beliefs or closed borders? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqlfwV4BA8

I also concur with my fellow Mississippian we should call on the the President and Congress and the Senate to do something about protecting freedom of speech. It increasingly seem likes that those big tech companies over in Fremont want to purge anyone with views to the right of bugs bunny off of the internet.

I would like to propose a motion that:
The Southern Chamber of Delegates and the Southern Region would like to see the Federal Government take action on defending freedom of speech on the internet.

May I have a seconder for the motion?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 07:40:41 AM »

Quote from: Congressman dfwlibertylover
They are being banned from a social media platform, who cares. If they want their views spread they should start their own social media platform, easy enough. Nobody is going to vote you out because you don't make a bill defending Alex Jones.

This is a very ironic response for someone with "LibertyLover" in their name.
liberty=/=free speech now? Maybe you should consider a name change Doof.

First they came for the paranoid water filter salesman
I said nothing for I was not a paranoid water filter salesman

HAVE PEOPLE NOT HEARD OF THE BLOCK BUTTON?

Are they a publisher or a public forum?
Social media is the modern public space.

it's a pretty perverted idea of "free speech" to literally force a platform to accept literal white nationalists and homophobes if they'd rather not.

Surely those ideas should be argued against not swept under the carpet to linger.

The people that are getting deplatformed aren't just these white nationalists and homophobes.
Are you telling me that Paul Joseph Watson is homophobe?

GEE WHAT A MASSIVE HOMOPHOBE!

Surely if they were deplatforming homophobes you'd need to deplatfrom most of the middle east.

Seems like calling someone a fascist, a white nationalist or a homophobe is just the new way to call someone a witch. Regardless of evidence.

________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Speaker I'd like to point out that we have had a seconder to the following motion
Quote from: The motion
The Southern Chamber of Delegates and the Southern Region would like to see the Federal Government take action on defending freedom of speech on the internet.
As such I believe that this should therefore be put to a vote.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 07:27:31 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2019, 05:04:28 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker Muaddib »

Mr. Speaker, I second the motion to table the bill. There has been much discussion and it seems the majority view is that this is a federal issue. I have also added the proposed resolution from earlier in this thread to the legislation introduction thread.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:07:27 AM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies