Note: Sock accounts are not allowed on Atlas Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:19:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Note: Sock accounts are not allowed on Atlas Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Note: Sock accounts are not allowed on Atlas Forum  (Read 4618 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:55:58 PM »

Given that some users who don't seem to post in non-election boards had to be reminded of this recently, I'm posting this notice on this board. Sock accounts (accounts other than your primary one) are not allowed on Atlas. If they are noticed, they will be banned and the primary account will be given a warning, or if they have already been warned for sock accounts, a temp ban or worse.

It's not really a common rule on other forums as far as I know, so I'm sympathetic, but it is a rule here. So please just stick to your primary account.

- vi
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »

How often is this checked.  There seems to be a sock posting on the 2020 forum right now.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:46:39 PM »

I have noticed people who have two different accounts -- let's say  "Smith1234" and a similar one "Smith2134" -- on other Forums, one perhaps from a school and one from home. The two accounts are the same person, but they do not interact by feeding off each other (Smith1234 saying to Smith2134 -- "hey, that's brilliant!" or ganging up on others who disagree. Those two admit that they are really the same entity. Is that sock-puppet stuff?
Nova Green Locked Out
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 11:39:06 PM »

NOVA GREEN speaking...

Locked out of my Atlas Account and fully confessing 100% to this being my sock account.

Mods can run my IP Address, I can and will continue posting about precinct level results and all of the stuff that I have done, when I just hit 6,000 Posts earlier today, with only an average 1.3 posts/day.

Have attempted to reach out to the Mods, but am extremely frustrated that the changes in Atlas forced us to this point....

This is a sock account from a legit and long-term and established poster.

Ban me if you will, but please just fix my effin' account, so I can continue my posts under my proper Atlas Name and Avatar, access my own galleries, PMs, etc.....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies