Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 93180 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 15, 2019, 06:51:58 PM »

Letting campaign workers unionize is a really, really dumb idea, strategically speaking, as well as a PR disaster waiting to happen.

This would vastly improve elections, both by increasing their spectacle status and by distracting campaign operations from bugging ordinary voters.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »

Spring foliage is far prettier than fall foliage.  We are near the peak of the spring bloom right now, and ai far prefer it to the dying leaves in the fall.

They’re both beautiful.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »

Joe Biden is not a pervert, and should not be #MeTooed for innocent violations of personal space. The man lost his daughter in a wreck. He’s obviously very affectionate to little girls as a simple CSPAN search shows, but he’s a mourner not a molester. I wish my fellow #MAGA friends would see Biden in a more sympathetic outlook, because I truly believe he’s a good and decent man - at least for someone who works amongst the globalists.

The all-consuming vacuum of political identity accepts no exceptions.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »

We should name this thread after Solid. (And that’s not a bad take, this is just the place to post about said thread’s name)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:29 AM »

I see our dear friend Enlightened Centrist (that’s his name, right?) has yet to hear of guerrilla warfare.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 03:52:42 AM »

Adding a hot take of my own, bicyclists going on major streets should have to carry a license. Make them more responsible for their actions rather than doing whatever and endangering everyone.

Making people go to the DMV is anti-worker.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »

Bicycles are for children too young for a license, and their use by well-off adults as a primary means of transportation is a sign of softness and social decay. This applies to the general decline in driving as well.

1. I thought you were an environmentalist;
2. I don’t see a good reason to start paying a bunch of parking fees to liberal bureaucrats (to finance downtown development of all things) just because someone’s idea of masculinity involves less exercise. (That said, my bike is a distant second at best in terms of transport)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

Complaining about people using Friends and/or The Office as "personality traits" (which I'd argue is a strawman, but that's probably another post) is just complaining about normies with extra steps. That's not to say that they deserve the worship of normies, but hey, people like what they like, even if it was completely run into the ground.

Doesn’t mean you should make it the centerpiece of your dating profile.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »

There is a very massive chasm lying in between the ideologies of Karl Marx and the ideologies of Vladimir Lenin, of which those 2 ideologies are wholly incompatible with each other.

Doesn’t really matter, does it?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 06:23:05 AM »

Based on my reading of Spider-Man’s Wikipedia bio, they should have ended everything in the 80’s.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 02:18:30 PM »

John Dule’s, uh, thing is a major reason I turned against libertarianism.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 06:42:40 AM »

The Republican Party should stop trying to mimic previous moderation, and should try to mimic European style populism.

Maybe they “should.”  Hope to God they don’t (continue to get worse).

You mean better? Because without Trump, we can finally, freely go full right wing populism.

Trump is what's stopping that? WTF I love Trump now

Yes. He’s a shill of the establishment and foreign powers.

It’s all surface-deep with you types, isn’t it?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »

The Republican Party should stop trying to mimic previous moderation, and should try to mimic European style populism.

Maybe they “should.”  Hope to God they don’t (continue to get worse).

You mean better? Because without Trump, we can finally, freely go full right wing populism.

Trump is what's stopping that? WTF I love Trump now

Yes. He’s a shill of the establishment and foreign powers.

It’s all surface-deep with you types, isn’t it?

Explain?

For me, it’s the politics by buzzword.

“We’re going to defeat those NEOLIBERAL GLOBALIST ESTABLISHMENT SHILLS and the FOREIGN POWERS with our FULL-ON RIGHT-WING POPULISM. Not to mention the weird buzzword-as-goal style of politics. Reminiscent of the more extreme ideologies (whose word-choice is always toxic and vocabulary-laden): “without [X] we can finally have full-on communism populism.”
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 12:20:12 AM »

^ Amazing how wrong I got you ideologically a few years ago, lol.

Huh?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 07:06:23 PM »

I've lived in LA for three weeks now, and non-ethnic whites of LA are consistently the worst, most entitled people I've ever met. Hispanics, Armenians, Middle Easterners, East Asians, etc. have all been friendly and inviting, but your typical whites are just unrepentant trash.

You land a teaching gig down there?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 08:25:42 AM »

Everyone can vote from the second they are born.

Quite the hot take given the voting age is 18. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 08:01:49 AM »

Nope.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »

Well considering the fact that this is meant for unpopular takes, that is a really good one

Needlessly extended a war he had no intention of actually “winning”; used federal reserve policy to adverse effect for the simple goal of winning re-election on unsustainable economic policies; oversaw a surge of Soviet activity and successes in the Third World with a few exceptions.

What’s that leave us with? Some environmental and CJ legislation?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »

Here’s a hot one. Game of thrones was ruined all the way back in S5 with the changes to Stannis storyline. If you look at the complaints about Dany’s downfall almost beat for beat you’ll see the same writing issues with Stannis downfall. But it wasn’t noticed because he wasn’t a popular mainstream character like Dany. So when D&D got away the first time with these troupes they thought they could do it again.

r/freefolk is leagues ahead of you in saying that the decline was in S5.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »

The White Walkers were a vastly more meaningful and interesting plot than any human politics anyway, and you could have *saved* GoT with any serviceable outcome that emphasized that (as it was hammered home since the first episode...).  Of course, what we got was the opposite and quite the abortion for other reasons, as well.

Cersei’s alcoholism, for one.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:58 PM »

BTW, I like and am friends with both types, and you weirdos should be too. Smiley
How do I find the latter type in Minneapolis?

Do liberal cities lack business districts? Huh
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 09:56:42 PM »

I genuinely, honestly cannot grasp--emotionally, empathetically grasp--how a decent human being can possibly be right-wing on material issues, although I believe strongly enough in fair play and honest discussion and have a clear enough intellectual understanding of most arguments for right-wing positions that I'm able to act as if I can grasp it.

I’m actually interested in seeing some discussion of this, but am unwilling to provide it myself. My defense would primarily be rooted in my belief in people as morally neutral rather than expecting them to be “good”, but I will say that I don’t consider myself actively horrible and at the same time would prefer keeping more of my paycheck and view student loan politics as ridiculous.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 09:19:31 PM »

If you believe in objective morality, you are not very smart.

ok
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »

"OK Boomer" is already a played out and beaten to death meme.

You could’ve posted this a month ago and been late.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 09:34:18 PM »

Judging people based on their intelligence is absolutely abhorrent, and is barely even a step up from judging people based on their physical appearance.

Both of these are regular and often incredibly practical parts of everyday life, tho.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies