HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:40:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%  (Read 2185 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »

We're going to have two far-right wingers in the general. Wonderful.

What does this make Susan Collins, Joe Manchin, John Bel Edwards, Charlie Baker, Liss Murkowski, etc.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »

Nonsense like this is why I can take lefties seriously.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 11:21:28 PM »

Biden a right winger lmao just lmao. He is not even a centrist(That is Joe Manchin)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 11:27:12 PM »

If Biden were a politician in the UK, he would be a Tory.

He's not a far-right guy. But he is a conservative.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 11:28:20 PM »

Yeah ok "far right" was probably pushing it.

But he sure as hell isn't on the left right now.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 11:44:45 PM »

This has always been one of the dumbest arguments of the "woke" left. Atlas is as bad a bubble as Twitter it seems.

“Joe Biden,” Mr. Micklus said, turning over the familiar name and resonance of a man born a couple of counties over in Scranton. “It’s possible,” he said of the chances a Biden nomination could lure him back to the Democratic fold. “My impression is he seems like an honest guy.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/us/politics/biden-pennsylvania-2020.html#click=https://t.co/Z5GQS5dWOG

This is what wins elections. I'm sorry to woke twitter and to the avid MSNBC viewers, but no one is voting on Barr or what Biden said 30 years ago. And his gaffes come off as endearing in contrast to the ultra prepared acting from Swalwell or Castro.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 11:57:57 PM »

I highly doubt this lead is anything close to sustainable. I'm pretty confident his lead is going to go down in the next month. The question is how much, which is hard to say. If he remains 10-15% ahead throughout the summer, then it'll be hard not to see him as the favorite, rather than the current frontrunner. I'm certainly not going to be "grateful" if Biden wins easily, though, since I could very easily since the general election being 2016 all over again.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:09 AM »

Bidenmentum.

Not saying he got this, but Biden is in a better position that Jeb! was at this stage in the 2016 cycle. Even if this poll is a little off.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 02:37:15 AM »

This has always been one of the dumbest arguments of the "woke" left. Atlas is as bad a bubble as Twitter it seems.

“Joe Biden,” Mr. Micklus said, turning over the familiar name and resonance of a man born a couple of counties over in Scranton. “It’s possible,” he said of the chances a Biden nomination could lure him back to the Democratic fold. “My impression is he seems like an honest guy.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/us/politics/biden-pennsylvania-2020.html#click=https://t.co/Z5GQS5dWOG

This is what wins elections. I'm sorry to woke twitter and to the avid MSNBC viewers, but no one is voting on Barr or what Biden said 30 years ago. And his gaffes come off as endearing in contrast to the ultra prepared acting from Swalwell or Castro.

I don’t consider myself a woke Twitter person, and I certainly don’t watch MSNBC, but his political ideology features the kind of economic liberalism and center-left social policy that defines the Conservative Party today in the UK. He’s for free trade and he’s hawkish on foreign policy. Plus he weighed cutting Social Security and Medicare during the Obama administration. I couldn’t see him fitting into any European social-democratic party.

And I’m not saying that such a label would lose him many votes! He’s certainly not far-right, I’ll tell you that. It was just an observation, not an attack, so there was no need to get as defensive as you did.

And speaking to the “Atlas is living in a bubble” comment: frankly, I’ve seen WAY more people ready to crown Biden as the nominee after only two weeks of campaigning, including you right now. We’ve got nine months until the Iowa caucuses. But I guess we’ve already made up our minds not even a month after he announced?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 11:08:15 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2019, 11:11:29 AM by 习近平 2020 »

Actually having a good laugh over the idea that Joe Biden, whose first presidential campaign blew up because he literally plagiarized Neil Kinnock, would be a Tory.

If anything, I think Biden would be more strongly of the British left than he is in the United States, since unions haven't abandoned Labour quite yet.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »

Actually having a good laugh over the idea that Joe Biden, whose first presidential campaign blew up because he literally plagiarized Neil Kinnock, would be a Tory.

If anything, I think Biden would be more strongly of the British left than he is in the United States, since unions haven't abandoned Labour quite yet.

I’d say he has that Northern Labour air to him. Definitely not on the Corbyn side of things.

And yeah, the idea that Biden would be a Tory isn’t even laughable, it’s that dumb.

Was there another post here comparing him to the Tories? I could’ve sworn that there was...
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »

You guys are right, Biden’s not a Tory. While the Tories are right wing, they aren’t right enough for segregationists.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »

You guys are right, Biden’s not a Tory. While the Tories are right wing, they aren’t right enough for segregationists.

Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2019, 02:58:40 PM »

Folks, the derangement syndrome is setting in dangerously fast.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »

Biden probably wins the nomination.

Biden-Harris ticket most likely. If they run a good campaign, they can beat Trump decisively.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »

... For reference, Biden is at +22.3 in the RCP average, as of right now.

Biden's lead in the RCP average, includes an older poll from Monmouth (one showing Biden leading by only +7).
Once Monmouth conducts a new poll, and the older one is replaced, his RCP average will shoot-up even higher (assuming it mirrors the large lead from all the other pollsters).

See image below.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:28 PM »

I was looking for that gif a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing it!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2019, 06:02:54 PM »

I was looking for that gif a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing it!

GET ME PICTURES OF SCHNEIDERMAN!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »

Yeah, the idea of Biden as being part of the Conservative Party is absurd. People from Biden's background don't easily become Tories. He'd be on the right fringes of Labour, but Labour nonetheless.

(He sure as hell wouldn't be a Lib Dem or a CUK, if anyone wanted to suggest that. Biden is a big party man who wants power. He'd never join a minor no-chance outfit)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 02:42:57 PM »

Yeah, the idea of Biden as being part of the Tory Party is absurd. People from Biden's background don't easily become Tories. He'd be on the right fringes of Labour, but Labour nonetheless.

(He sure as hell wouldn't be a Lib Dem or a CUK, if anyone wanted to suggest that. Biden is a big party man who wants power. He'd never join a minor no-chance outfit)

He's also an ethical man who wouldn't bow and scrape before the current Strasserist leadership of UK Labour, but that's an unusual situation. Biden would clearly be in whatever the center-left party is in any modern country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies