IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:12:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump  (Read 2172 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2019, 08:18:17 PM by IA less likely to flip than OH/TX/FL/GA/NC/AZ »

48% Trump (R, inc.)
48% Generic Democrat

Trump approval: 49/49

https://qctimes.com/opinion/columnists/release-the-full-mueller-report-majority-of-iowans-say/article_9d79e5f4-8dc2-53f4-bdba-681e02b22b8a.html
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »

I guess it's the Mormons who deliver such tremendous results for the Democrats?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »

Other notable figure from said poll:

How would you best describe your ideology?
Liberal 5%
Moderate 5%
Conservative 5%
Elastic as hell 85%
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »

Can you post the PDF ? Because of stupid European laws I can’t access to the link.

Considering that it’s a PPP poll and that a generic D tends to do better than ’’a real D candidate’’ it’s not a such bad poll for Trump.

I remain where I am : Trump defeats the D nominee 51/47 in IA.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 12:46:16 PM »

Liberal 5%
Moderate 5%
Conservative 5%
Elastic as hell 85%

Amazing. Do you also have the GA results for this question? Did even one respondent answer "elastic as hell"?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »

Liberal 5%
Moderate 5%
Conservative 5%
Elastic as hell 85%

Amazing. Do you also have the GA results for this question? Did even one respondent answer "elastic as hell"?

1 out of 500 respondents did. Must be 1 of the 5 swing voters in the entire state. Here's what was found:
Liberal 48.8%
Moderate 0.8%
Conservative 50.2%
Elastic as hell 0.2%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:14:09 PM »

And Trump supposed to be ahead by 4 in WI, if IA is a tossup, the game is over, due to fact VA and the 279 freiwal is going to go forward
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »

And Trump supposed to be ahead by 4 in WI, if IA is a tossup, the game is over, due to fact VA and the 279 freiwal is going to go forward

Freiwal ?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 05:45:43 PM »

Freiwal ?

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »

Freiwal ?

Its a meme from 2016. Throughout the election campaign , Hillary was considered to Have a Firewall off 272 EV(Hillary 2016 states +PA, MI,, MI and - NV).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 07:20:27 PM »

Freiwal ?

Its a meme from 2016. Throughout the election campaign , Hillary was considered to Have a Firewall off 272 EV(Hillary 2016 states +PA, MI,, MI and - NV).

Pretty sure they were referring to the fact that the word was misspelled.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 07:23:00 PM »

Freiwal ?

Pretty sure they were referring to the fact that the word was misspelled.

Yah I know thats why I said it was Meme to mock that 272 Firewall claim
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 08:02:22 PM »

Why do you have PPP (D)?  Was the poll done for a Democratic group?  I don't see a sponsor listed in the article.

If you're putting the (D) there just because it's PPP, this is inappropriate.  PPP's owner is liberal, but their polling is quite good and shows very little bias according to 538's ratings.  (Consider them the mirror image of Fox News, which is a conservative organization but has very good polling.)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »

Why do you have PPP (D)?  Was the poll done for a Democratic group?  I don't see a sponsor listed in the article.

If you're putting the (D) there just because it's PPP, this is inappropriate.  PPP's owner is liberal, but their polling is quite good and shows very little bias according to 538's ratings.  (Consider them the mirror image of Fox News, which is a conservative organization but has very good polling.)

I’m aware of this, I only put the (D) there because I thought that it was sponsored by a Democratic group. Doesn’t PPP only conduct polling for private clients now? Maybe I’m wrong, I can fix the title if you want.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 08:12:55 PM »

Oh no, freiwal is not some random meme created to mock the idea of the Blue Wall. "Freiwal 272" is an OC original. As is the current "279 CRESCENT", which I guess is also  "279 freiwal" now.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

Why do you have PPP (D)?  Was the poll done for a Democratic group?  I don't see a sponsor listed in the article.

If you're putting the (D) there just because it's PPP, this is inappropriate.  PPP's owner is liberal, but their polling is quite good and shows very little bias according to 538's ratings.  (Consider them the mirror image of Fox News, which is a conservative organization but has very good polling.)

I’m aware of this, I only put the (D) there because I thought that it was sponsored by a Democratic group. Doesn’t PPP only conduct polling for private clients now? Maybe I’m wrong, I can fix the title if you want.

Yeah, they do mostly commissioned polls (occasionally they'll do one on their own) and they are mostly for Democratic or progressive groups, but not always.  This one certainly could be from such a group, but without any attribution I'd be hesitant to assume it.  IMO it would be appropriate to take off the D unless/until the sponsorship is clarified.  Thank you.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 02:54:32 PM »

Freiwal ?

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »

Yeah, they do mostly commissioned polls (occasionally they'll do one on their own) and they are mostly for Democratic or progressive groups, but not always.  This one certainly could be from such a group, but without any attribution I'd be hesitant to assume it.  IMO it would be appropriate to take off the D unless/until the sponsorship is clarified.  Thank you.

Yeah. Normally PPP clarifies whether or not a poll was commissioned anyway from what I’ve seen.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 10:21:14 PM »

Farm Crisis issue with Soybean Farmers maybe souring a bit might be a factor here?

"Free Trade" vs "Economic Protectionism" is not as cut and dry as many might think in IA.

Could be a blip on the radar, or a return to the collective memory of many older folks, and their kids that now run the Hog and Soybeam 80-160 acre family farm which is machine intensive rather than labor intensive and the insensitive response of Bush Sr and Dan Quayle to the farming crisis of '87/'88 that swung major parts of the "Grain Belt" DEM for the first time in Decades. (Factory Towns are their own bag in IA, although I believe Tractor Plants used to be a thing around these parts).

We'll need to see more out of IA, which I'm sure we will as the first State to present final results in the Caucus/Primary Season, but the image of Trump is more likely to be fixed than most of the DEM prospective nominees.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 06:54:46 PM »

Farm Crisis issue with Soybean Farmers maybe souring a bit might be a factor here?

"Free Trade" vs "Economic Protectionism" is not as cut and dry as many might think in IA.

Could be a blip on the radar, or a return to the collective memory of many older folks, and their kids that now run the Hog and Soybeam 80-160 acre family farm which is machine intensive rather than labor intensive and the insensitive response of Bush Sr and Dan Quayle to the farming crisis of '87/'88 that swung major parts of the "Grain Belt" DEM for the first time in Decades. (Factory Towns are their own bag in IA, although I believe Tractor Plants used to be a thing around these parts).

We'll need to see more out of IA, which I'm sure we will as the first State to present final results in the Caucus/Primary Season, but the image of Trump is more likely to be fixed than most of the DEM prospective nominees.

I hope so. I personally think that farmers will still end up voting for Trump anyway. Though I do feel confident in Iowa voting less Republican than it did in 2016. I think it even votes to the left of Ohio this time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies