AZ-OH Predictive Insights: Biden+5 vs. Trump, other Dems trailing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  AZ-OH Predictive Insights: Biden+5 vs. Trump, other Dems trailing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-OH Predictive Insights: Biden+5 vs. Trump, other Dems trailing  (Read 2604 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 08, 2019, 01:27:43 AM »

C+ Pollster on 538 in a GE poll 1 1/2 yrs out in a State with an extremely young and Latino electorate that is way under-polled.

Biden likely does better than other Dems in this poll because of name recog, Ethnicity, and age.

Not saying AZ isn't going to be in play in 2020 PRES, especially considering massive swings among Anglos in the Midterms and Special Election in the Phoenix 'Burbs, but I would be extremely cautious about this poll for many reasons.

Many reasons to be optimistic about AZ in 2020, but this poll wouldn't be something I would rely on as gospel.....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:34:37 AM »

I think we have enough data from AZ in the '16 PRES, AZ-CD '08 SE, and AZ-SEN '18 to see the math here in a potential '20 race of Biden vs Trump regardless of polling organization.

Believe I did some precinct work a Year or Two back on this very subject, just to pull up one link....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=288717.msg6145557#msg6145557

Now, in the event that DJT is the 'Pub nom in '20 (Which is most likely to be the case excepting legal issues, high crimes and misdemeanors, etc....), it appears difficult for Trump to be able carry places where he is already getting hit hard (Middle-Class & Upper Middle-Class Anglos, Latinos, and Asians within Maricopa County).

Despite the likely heavily Anglo biased nature of this poll and low representation of working-class Latino Voters (Much more Dem than Middle and Upper Income Latinos), it appears that Biden does have something going for him with older Anglos when it comes to an FTF vs Trump.

How much of this is nostalgia, and how much of it is "buyers remorse" combined with a dramatically changing electorate that is much Younger and increasingly Latino-American?

IDK about this crap poll early in the season, but name recognition is def a factor, and many folks will take the red meat for a generic "D" especially after all the crap they perceive as having gone down during the Trump Admin....

Just Sayin' ....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies