Poll: What do you believe is the probability that -you- will contract Covid-19?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:34:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: What do you believe is the probability that -you- will contract Covid-19?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What is the probability that you will contract Covid-19 in the next year?
0-10%

10-25%

25-50%

50-75%

75-100%

I have already tested positive

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Poll: What do you believe is the probability that -you- will contract Covid-19?  (Read 1900 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »
« edited: April 22, 2020, 02:09:17 PM by RINO Tom »

All evidence considered together, I think the odds I HAVE had Covid and recovered are about 75-80%.

Same here. My dad had it and we didn’t know it was Covid until he was almost through being contagious. I’m assuming that I got it and didn’t show any symptoms.

The lack of knowledge on symptoms was really something early on.  My girlfriends' parents' and brother all got sick about two days after we spent the night at their place, and at the time (like 3/22?), the message was "dry cough and a fever or you don't have it."  Slowly, they started adding things, like feeling tired, body aches and even a loss of smell.  

My girlfriend's mom got denied a test due to not being over 60 (had the other three boxes checked), but two different doctors labeled her an "unofficial positive" and said she'd almost certainly test positive if given a test.  She still hasn't regained her sense of smell.  Sad  The next week, I had body aches and was sleeping like 12-13 hours per night and still was hard to wake up, haha.  At the time, I didn't think that much of it - I was being a lazy POS during quarantine at my parents' house.  Looking back, considering my contact with my girlfriends' parents (not to mention having recently taken public transportation, dating an ICU nurse and having a dad who came home from a hospital every night) and the symptoms I had, I'm pretty certain I had it.

I'm still very careful out and about and practice good hygiene habits, but I would be lying if I said it hasn't eased my mind quite a bit.  It sucks there isn't a good antibodies test yet, or my girlfriend says she would take it and volunteer to work on the COVID unit every night (rather than occasionally, as called) if she tested positive.  It seems too few people realize how much EVERYTHING - reopening the economy, relaxing quarantines, slowing the spread, etc. - relies on improving our testing situation. Sad
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 04:56:51 AM »

I was in New Rochelle shortly before it was first reported there, so there's a non zero chance that I picked it up there before anyone noticed it, developed no symptoms and have since beat it, which would be the best case scenario. If not that, probably whatever the chances are for an average American, maybe a tad higher because of my location.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:19 AM »

Probably about 2% in the immediate future and about 15% eventually.
Roblox

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »

Guessing 25-40%, but the thing is I got pretty sick the weekend of the 21st, as I traveled from Jacksonville (where I live) to Seattle for the weekend. I had bad headaches, nasal congestion, cold sweats, as well as sneezing and a sore throat. It got better with each day after I came back, but I probably had symptoms for at least 10-12 days. I dismissed it as a normal flu, and it probably was just that, but a part of me wonders...
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 09:24:52 AM »

Live in a tural area with very few infected and I stay home the majority of the time. When I do go out I wear a mask and even gloves and still wash hands often. If I stay in this area I out it around 5%.
But my job starts in a month and a half and is in a much higher populated area and involves a lot of travel. In that case the chance skyrockets. So hard to say, depends how things are in a month and a half from now.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »

I live in a household of essential workers. There's a good chance one of them gets COVID, and when they do, we're all getting sick.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 11:58:31 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2020, 12:04:03 PM by Crumpets »

Back in early March I would have said ~70%, but since the total lockdowns have gone into effect, I'd say closer to 10% at least until the next round. That being said, it sounds like there are an awful lot of asymptomatic or very mild cases, and if you told me I had already had it, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 07:09:52 PM »

Who knows? My uncle tested positive in the UK and had zero symptoms. None.

It's been 3 weeks now and he has yet to have gotten sick and he's 70.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 09:33:22 PM »

10-25%, but probably the higher end of the spectrum. I had a dream about nearly getting it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies