State abortion laws megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  State abortion laws megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: State abortion laws megathread  (Read 42706 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »

This discussion is quickly rushing into sort of a "Right To Work" thing.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2019, 12:03:20 AM »

2 in 5 pregnancies ending in abortion in NYC isn't enough for them, apparently; now they need to subsidize abortion as an export.   absolutely revolting.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2019, 07:18:56 PM »

2 in 5 pregnancies ending in abortion in NYC isn't enough for them, apparently; now they need to subsidize abortion as an export.   absolutely revolting.

I think you're missing the point here. It's not about the number, it's about safe access and affordability if a woman is going to want one anyway.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2019, 04:25:15 PM »

I think you're missing the point here. It's not about the number, it's about safe access and affordability if a woman is going to want one anyway.

If you are subsidizing something, it's because you don't think you have enough of it.  Let me know when they vote to give money to any pregnant women from anywhere who wants to give birth and I'll consider that they maybe don't just love abortions.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2019, 04:38:12 PM »

If you are subsidizing something, it's because you don't think you have enough of it.  Let me know when they vote to give money to any pregnant women from anywhere who wants to give birth and I'll consider that they maybe don't just love abortions.

How else is NYC supposed to get rid of those "undesirable" black and Hispanic babies?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »

You're still missing the point. Access to a safe abortion in New York City may very well not be available enough. It's about access not about any sort of culling or whatever else you want to fear-monger about.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »

You're still missing the point. Access to a safe abortion in New York City may very well not be available enough. It's about access not about any sort of culling or whatever else you want to fear-monger about.
It’s projection. Just tune it out.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »

"Access to a safe abortion in New York City may very well not be available enough."

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2019, 11:30:45 PM »

"It's projection" ?  What is this supposed to mean?  Do you even know?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2019, 10:08:52 AM »

2 in 5 pregnancies ending in abortion in NYC isn't enough for them, apparently; now they need to subsidize abortion as an export.   absolutely revolting.

If you are subsidizing something, it's because you don't think you have enough of it.  Let me know when they vote to give money to any pregnant women from anywhere who wants to give birth and I'll consider that they maybe don't just love abortions.

"It's projection" ?  What is this supposed to mean?  Do you even know?
Do you? Something about about apples, oranges, and priorities I guess...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »

2 in 5 pregnancies ending in abortion in NYC isn't enough for them, apparently; now they need to subsidize abortion as an export.   absolutely revolting.

If you are subsidizing something, it's because you don't think you have enough of it.  Let me know when they vote to give money to any pregnant women from anywhere who wants to give birth and I'll consider that they maybe don't just love abortions.

"It's projection" ?  What is this supposed to mean?  Do you even know?

lol I think your predictive text bot needs work.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »

"Access to a safe abortion in New York City may very well not be available enough."

Again, I fail to see your point. New York is a huge place and some people still may not be able to afford an abortion that they feel they may need. Just because there are a lot of facilities doesn't mean that the service is still that widely available to those that need it or funded well enough. Also, a lot of those facilities probably don't just exclusively provide abortions.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »

Again, I fail to see your point. New York is a huge place and some people still may not be able to afford an abortion that they feel they may need. Just because there are a lot of facilities doesn't mean that the service is still that widely available to those that need it or funded well enough. Also, a lot of those facilities probably don't just exclusively provide abortions.

Most of them got pretty good ratings. What’s your point?

"It's projection" ?  What is this supposed to mean?  Do you even know?

lol I think your predictive text bot needs work.
Exactly
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2019, 08:59:05 PM by Representative fhtagn »

"they feel they may need" =/= an actual need

abortions are clearly very accessible in NYC, there's no need to fully fund it for everyone.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2019, 08:33:08 AM »

"they feel they may need" =/= an actual need

abortions are clearly very accessible in NYC, there's no need to fully fund it for everyone.

No one in this debate really needs anything in this debate with that logic.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2019, 08:42:21 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »

The horde was beaten back in Wisconsin.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »

The horde was beaten back in Wisconsin.

Tony turned out to be much more of a fighter than I gave him credit for. Kudos!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2019, 04:12:57 PM »

The race is definitely on.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »

Here's what I would like to see happen.

1) Overturn Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey; there were not valid, accurate interpretations of the Constitution.

2) Every state hold a referendum for an amendment to the state constitution on the subject of whether the state is predominantly pro-life or predominantly pro-choice. I believe Nevada has already done this 29 years ago and they're pro-choice.

Who's with me?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2019, 08:34:50 PM »

1) Overturn Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey; there were not valid, accurate interpretations of the Constitution.

2) Every state hold a referendum for an amendment to the state constitution on the subject of whether the state is predominantly pro-life or predominantly pro-choice. I believe Nevada has already done this 29 years ago and they're pro-choice.

Who's with me?

No.

Putting a woman's right to choose to a vote is a terrible idea. Letting conservative men and religious fanatics decide if a woman has a right to her own body is gross.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »

Who's with me?

No, part one is clearly wrong.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »

Who's with me?

No, part one is clearly wrong.

Maybe society wasn’t ready for Roe but the fact still remains that the only alternative was to say that the state has police powers to enforce laws which could only be effectively enforced by getting evidence before getting a warrant. The only way that this might be permissible would be that if a fetus had a fundamental right to not be aborted and the constitution explicitly provided no room for that  interpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies