State abortion laws megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:00:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  State abortion laws megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State abortion laws megathread  (Read 42240 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: May 07, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »

I couldn't find anything about exceptions in the usual cases (incest, rape, health of the mother), so can anyone speak to this?  If they would be included, then I really think calling this a "Roman abortion law" is kind of misleading.  Also, at what point in the pregnancy can a doctor usually detect a heartbeat?  Totally curious, as I have literally no idea.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:27:50 PM »

Are there a lot of pro-choice voters in GA-6 and GA-7 that you are under the impression were previously supporting Republicans but will refuse to now?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »

If I thought my semen were people and tried to rock them to bed and red them stories, I would too.

I know this is in jest, but why are such incredibly important semantics always lost on extreme pro-choicers and pro-lifers?  The absolutely massive ideological ocean that sits between positions like opposing birth control because it's killing potential fetuses and supporting late term abortions where the baby is practically born because "muh woman's body" is where the vast majority of normal people reside and where any sensible person would arrive.  Mocking people for debating where in the middle we should arrive by ascribing their beliefs to extremist caricatures seems to be in bad taste.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »

Should the act of sex itself be illegal because an innumerably large number of sperms inevitably die in the process; even if 1 or more (in the case of fraternal twins) of the sperms connects to an egg; the rest still die?

If the answer is yes, then almost every living animal on the planet is guilty of mass murder.
If the answer is no, then well its not much different from abortions and therefore, abortion should also be legal.

A stretch, even for you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies