LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:18:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: LA-JMC: Edwards leads, tons of undecideds  (Read 5618 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2019, 07:28:58 AM »

Question 2: If the election for Governor were held today, which candidate would you support ?
Edwards 38%
Abraham 23%
Rispone 7%
Undecided 32%

Question 3: If the runoff election for Governor were held today, which candidate would you support ?
Edwards 40%
Abraham 36%
Undecided 24%

Question 4: If the runoff election for Governor were held today, which candidate would you support ?
Edwards 41%
Rispone 28%
Undecided 31%

Trump approval at 54/37.

https://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/LA-Governor-Executive-Summary.pdf
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:31:12 AM »

But muh-incumbency

Muh-elastic south

JBE will follow the path of Mary Landrieu, be competitive up until the jungle primary and then have nearly all the undecideds break against him during the runoff

56-44 Abraham over Edwards in Runoff (FLIP)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:04:03 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2019, 11:22:04 AM by 习近平 2020 »

Not as strong as I'd like.

edit: This isn't disastrous, but it probably ends any chance Edwards had of avoiding the run-off.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 08:35:30 AM »

As an incumbent and the only Democrat in the race, I was really hoping that Edwards would be able to break 50% in the jungle primary and avoid a runoff.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »

The urban/suburban vs rural divide is continuing, even in Louisiana.

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »

But muh-incumbency

Muh-elastic south

JBE will follow the path of Mary Landrieu, be competitive up until the jungle primary and then have nearly all the undecideds break against him during the runoff

LA is NOT voting out a popular Governor.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 08:59:36 AM »

Ouch, not exactly a safe Dem hold as it's claimed to be. There's also no way St Tammany is tied, Vitter got over 60% there. If we're to believe this poll, JBE's floor is 45% while Abraham's is 42%. The undecideds beyond that decide the race.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »

Ouch, not exactly a safe Dem hold as it's claimed to be. There's also no way St Tammany is tied, Vitter got over 60% there. If we're to believe this poll, JBE's floor is 45% while Abraham's is 42%. The undecideds beyond that decide the race.

Eh its small sub samples but I wouldn't be completely shocked if JBE managed to hit 40% in St Tammany in a runoff.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 09:11:32 AM »

Eh its small sub samples but I wouldn't be completely shocked if JBE managed to hit 40% in St Tammany in a runoff.

Especially with the growing urban/suburban vs rural divide.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »

I'm confident in JBE getting reelected by double digits. Louisianans aren't that DUMB getting rid of a popular Governor with a budget surplus.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »

I'm confident in JBE getting reelected by double digits. Louisianans aren't that DUMB getting rid of a popular Governor with a budget surplus.

Not so sure in present polarized world America. After all - Landrieu was personally popular and generally moderate Senator from famous political family, and all this didn't saved her. Governor races are more flexible now, then Senatorial one, but - by how much?
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 01:30:48 PM »

Not so sure in present polarized world America. After all - Landrieu was personally popular and generally moderate Senator from famous political family, and all this didn't saved her. Governor races are more flexible now, then Senatorial one, but - by how much?

Plenty enough for Massachusetts to reelect Baker by 33 points while also reelecting Warren by 24 points.

This Chicken Little crap really is unspeakably aggravating.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »

But muh-incumbency

Muh-elastic south

LA is NOT voting out a popular Governor.

The South is quite polarized, Scott and DeSantis both won narrowly, McCrory underperformed Trump by only 1 percent. Also, while Senate races are more polarized than Governor races, everyone said this about Mary Landrieu, and as the time went on, it was clear she was in troublemaker Also David Vitter was a terrible candidate, and JBE was endorsed by several prominent Republicans. Plus, while Republican states are more open to electing Democratic Senators, Democratic states are more open to electing Republican governors, JBE is probably done and I expect him to lose in December. When, we actually have quality polling, we can make a more accurate assessment. Note his numbers are nowhere near, where Hogan's or Baker's, were, he may squeak by, like Steve Bullock, but I doubt it, he should lose.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »

Plenty enough for Massachusetts to reelect Baker by 33 points while also reelecting Warren by 24 points.

Baker is one of the last liberal republican, in any other state he would be a democrat.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 04:49:54 PM »

It's hilarious that things have to be catastrophically bad in red states for Democrats to win gubernatorial races, but if blue state voters don't like when a Democrat won't shake hands outside of Fenway Park in 10 degree weather they'll happily elect a Republican.

Yeah, these are horrible numbers for supposedly favored JBE. Looks like my prediction of a Republican sweep this year is coming into clear focus. What a shame.

You might want to include the possibility of Houston, TX electing the first GOP Mayor since 1979 this fall with either Buzbee or King.

I think Turner is finished.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »

KY and LA will go Dem and MS will be a Lean D race, if it wasn't for the under 50 rule go to GOP state assembly

However, Trump conservatives should have swept all three races
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »

It's hilarious that things have to be catastrophically bad in red states for Democrats to win gubernatorial races, but if blue state voters don't like when a Democrat won't shake hands outside of Fenway Park in 10 degree weather they'll happily elect a Republican.

Yeah, these are horrible numbers for supposedly favored JBE. Looks like my prediction of a Republican sweep this year is coming into clear focus. What a shame.

You might want to include the possibility of Houston, TX electing the first GOP Mayor since 1979 this fall with either Buzbee or King.

Houston seems pretty democratic.
Why would Turner would be so vulnerable ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »

Houston seems pretty democratic.
Why would Turner would be so vulnerable ?

The HFD Firefighters Union is pissed off at him for trying to undermine the will of the voters, who overwhelmingly passed Proposition B last fall.

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »

These are some brutal numbers for JBE. I find it hard to see how he can get 50% if he's currently in the low 40s in a head-to-head.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »

Mary Landrieu 2.0, anyone??
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 09:34:04 PM »

I don't think people saw you write this the first three times, how about you write it some more.

Always necessary to belabor the point, given that most of these people think that JBE will win by double digits
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:36 PM »

Not great numbers for JBE, but we'll want to see more polls. He's not losing by double digits, though.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:33 AM »

As people correctly stated - Massachusetts is NOT in the South. South is more polarized (by race, party, and so on) now, then most other areas, and surely - then North-East, where people such as Baker are mostly elected. In many southern races you can take minority percentage of district population, add very little (say 5%), and, volia, you get a percentage the Democratic candidate will get next election, as whites began to vote 90+% Republican... Not so in other parts of US, but almost always true for Louisiana. If Republican will run boring (but - clean) conservative candidate (and Abraham seems to be exactly that) - they will have at least 50-50 chance... Simply because of "R" and "D" letters after candidate names AND because Louisiana is DEEP Southern state.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 01:45:09 AM »

Ok, these numbers are not too great for an incumbent. Still predicting JBE is going to win, but by narrower margin than in 2015. Luckily for him, Kennedy isn't running.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 04:20:16 AM »

Edwards has a majority of decided respondents, so using 38% to say Edwards won't be able to avoid a runoff is foolish since he would need only 37.5% of undecideds to win a majority. If undecideds break against him he could have some trouble but that's not guaranteed, he has to be the favorite.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies