NH-Monmouth: Biden 36, Sanders 18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:26:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NH-Monmouth: Biden 36, Sanders 18
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NH-Monmouth: Biden 36, Sanders 18  (Read 2858 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 02:13:50 AM »

Lol at the people who are saying the primary is an inevitable Biden landslide now. It was a wide open race a few weeks ago and it's a wide open race now.

Well recent polls indicate he will sweep the first 4 primaries and if he does that I dont see how he doesnt win at least 45 or 46 states
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 03:15:25 AM »

Lol at the people who are saying the primary is an inevitable Biden landslide now. It was a wide open race a few weeks ago and it's a wide open race now.

Well recent polls indicate he will sweep the first 4 primaries and if he does that I dont see how he doesnt win at least 45 or 46 states

His polling isn't that impressive though, if it were January then he might have a greater chance of being the nominee than not but right now his chances are probably like 20%, maybe less (nobody has a greater than 50% chance at this early stage).
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 03:20:28 AM »

His polling isn't that impressive though, if it were January then he might have a greater chance of being the nominee than not but right now his chances are probably like 20%, maybe less (nobody has a greater than 50% chance at this early stage).

In what world is his numbers not impressive?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »

I'd give Biden more than a 20% chance right now.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »

Outlier? Otherwise, it's a pretty bad poll for Sanders, who is not polling like a frontrunner for quite some time. Could be his 2020 run becomes a miscalcultion. He should have stayed out and endorse Warren.

I'm not going to call Biden inevitable this early, but if he's still ahead by these margins by christmas, I have trouble to see how he loses the nomination.

That's what I was saying back in December and January. It was almost insulting for Bernie to run after Warren, considering her platform more than adequately covered the goals of his movement and it's split the progressive vote.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 08:37:57 AM »

Biden is not winning NH.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 10:03:24 AM »

Outlier? Otherwise, it's a pretty bad poll for Sanders, who is not polling like a frontrunner for quite some time. Could be his 2020 run becomes a miscalcultion. He should have stayed out and endorse Warren.

I'm not going to call Biden inevitable this early, but if he's still ahead by these margins by christmas, I have trouble to see how he loses the nomination.

That's what I was saying back in December and January. It was almost insulting for Bernie to run after Warren, considering her platform more than adequately covered the goals of his movement and it's split the progressive vote.

This is a little unfair considering that, aside from the Quinnipiac poll, Sanders has been polling much higher than Warren so far.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 10:06:35 AM »

This is a little unfair considering that, aside from the Quinnipiac poll, Sanders has been polling much higher than Warren so far.

I'm talking about before Bernie jumped in.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

People are excited for four years of absolutely nothing being done. I guess.
That is going to happen regardless of who is the Democratic nominee.
Yeah if GOP keeps the Senate. I know for a fact Biden will do nothing with a Democratic Senate. I don’t believe he’ll fight for anything he’s (vaguely) talking about because all of it is contrary to the previous 50 years.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »

I'm not a die-hard Biden fan. But if the people really want something being done then they can and should vote Democratic for congress, senate, and local legislature.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2019, 12:34:37 PM by Yank2133 »

Yeah if GOP keeps the Senate. I know for a fact Biden will do nothing with a Democratic Senate. I don’t believe he’ll fight for anything he’s (vaguely) talking about because all of it is contrary to the previous 50 years.

lol

Biden, like all Democratic presidents, will sign anything a Democratic congress gives him. People overrate how ideologically inflexible presidents are.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »

Even if we assume that most of Biden’s support is "soft" (again, very dangerous assumption since Biden and Sanders are both well-known candidates) and Sanders makes a successful comeback in NH and narrowly wins the state, he’d still be not even close to the nomination. This is a state that should be a lock for Sanders if he’s to even have a prayer in 2020, the fact that he’s trailing here (even if it’s not by 18 points) after winning by 22 in 2016 is an ominous sign for him no matter how hard his supporters will try to spin it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2019, 03:08:39 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Wow!
Double lead in NH.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

I'm not a die-hard Biden fan. But if the people really want something being done then they can and should vote Democratic for congress, senate, and local legislature.
Ok but this thread isn’t about that. We absolutely need to have a Senate majority and flip state houses but that doesn’t change the fact that Biden sucks and folds like a cheap suit when pressured by Republicans. And him being touted as the only person who can beat Trump when he has never stood for election in any of the states he is allegedly going to run the table in is laughable.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 01:20:29 PM »

lol

Biden, like all Democratic presidents, will sign anything a Democratic congress gives him. People overrate how ideologically inflexible presidents are.
Joe Biden is the wrong person for this moment and will not stand up for the people he claims he’s running for. This “union man” crossed a picket line to go to a big donor fundraiser not even 72 hours ago. Lol. Guess y’all just won’t believe it until after you’re screwed over by him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2019, 02:51:42 PM by olowakandi »

Bernie also, stated he isn't for Crt Packing and will welcome to compromise with the GOP.  So, from the standpoint of him allowing the Crt to stay like it is, isn't an ultra liberal position, and is bad for Democrats, too. Biden, didn't take a position on Crt packing.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »

I wouldn't say the fat lady is warming up her vocals yet, but she's at least doing her makeup now.  Pretty wild how a primary that most people thought would be competitive looks like it might be a total runaway, bar something unforeseen, like Biden bombing in the debates or a scandal.
which is not out of the question, especially something with the debates. He will have gaffes, I have no doubt about that, but it's more of a question if he'll weather those.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 04:00:32 PM »

lol

Joe Biden is the wrong person for this moment and will not stand up for the people he claims he’s running for. This “union man” crossed a picket line to go to a big donor fundraiser not even 72 hours ago. Lol. Guess y’all just won’t believe it until after you’re screwed over by him.

You are acting like Biden is Joe Lieberman or something.

Go look at Biden's senate record. He literally votes with what is considered mainstream in the Democratic party at that particular time. The notion that Biden would be out of step with a Democratic controlled congress is nonsense. He would literally sign anything they send up to him.

https://twitter.com/pklinkne/status/1125412679798132738
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

Biden, even if he is conservative, gives Dems the best chance, electorally to hold onto the House with the same number of Democrats we have now, 235, Dems will lose very, little, electorally, in the House, should Biden win.

Also, 2022 Senate map is the reverse of 2018 for the GOP. They have more than enough seats up for grabs, for the Dems to make up ground, in the Senate, should Dems fail to do so in 2020.

Lastly, as stated above, in my comments, Bernie already stated that he doesn't believe in Crt packing the SCOTUS, soft money, was the result of 2016 cycle, and we got Trump. We want to overturn soft money in politics, and the current Crt doesn't do it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2019, 08:59:56 PM »

Biden probably is the best equipped person as of now to compete with Trump in all of the states with high stakes Senate races (ME, GA, NC, AZ, TX).
Yes. I am personally dealing with accepting that a Biden candidacy may be the only path to a Senate majority. Beto and Kamala are pretty much blocked from if Biden remains potent. I love Elizabeth Warren but she just won't be able to hold her weight in a GA or a TX. Biden will not get supercharged turnout among minorities but it would be solid enough that him picking off suburban whites could get us over the edge. The whole thing is frustrating. LOL. But we have 9 months to go before people start voting. We will see.....
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 07:05:57 AM »

See, you don't know that for a fact Tongue Believing is fine, though.

And after this, people on Atlas confident that Sanders will win Iowa, New Hampshire, many other states and nomination overall

Where did you see that? People here like to argue with stuff from their own imagination.

Lol, this is such an Atlas affliction.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2019, 12:30:59 PM »

Not good.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 03:01:22 PM »

Another poll with a massive age gap…

under age 50:
Sanders 27%
Biden 20%
Warren 13%
Buttigieg 11%
Harris 8%

over age 65:
Biden 53%
Sanders 9%
Warren 9%
Harris 6%
Buttigieg 5%

Both Biden and Sanders do better among those without a college degree, while Warren (among others) does better among those with a degree…

no college degree:
Biden 44%
Sanders 22%
Buttigieg 9%
Harris 5%
Warren 4%

college graduate:
Biden 30%
Sanders 16%
Warren 12%
Buttigieg 9%
Harris 7%

Another interesting thing here is that the top name mentioned for 2nd choice is not Sanders, but Warren:

“Who would be your second choice?”
Warren 15%
Harris 12%
Biden 11%
Sanders 11%
Buttigieg 9%
Booker 5%
O’Rourke 4%
Klobuchar 3%
everyone else at 1% or less

fav/unfav % among Dems:
Biden 80/15% for +65%
Sanders 73/19% for +54%
Harris 60/10% for +50%
Buttigieg 54/7% for +47%
Booker 54/12% for +42%
Warren 63/24% for +39%
Klobuchar 44/11% for +33%
O’Rourke 45/16% for +29%
Gillibrand 35/17% for +18%
Castro 30/13% for +17%
Hickenlooper 22/11% for +11%
Gabbard 23/13% for +10%
Swalwell 15/8% for +7%
Moulton 20/14% for +6%
Inslee 15/9% for +6%
Bennet 12/7% for +5%
Delaney 14/10% for +4%
Bullock 7/6% for +1%
Ryan 10/10% for +/-0
Yang 11/14% for -3%
Williamson 6/10% for -4%
Gravel 4/9% for -5%
Messam 3/8% for -5%
de Blasio 19/29% for -10%
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »

Yet another poll where de Blasio is deeper underwater than anyone!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies