NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 50192 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: May 14, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »

Lean R is possible if a Democrat is president but if Orange Man is president its Safe D.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:47:26 PM »

If Cape may is early vote then the remaining votes should be like 80% R or so. Dems still have most of Essex/Hudson out.

Rs have Cape May remaining R votes, Sussex, Middlesex remaining votes should be fairly R.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:54:55 PM »

I mean it seems like Murphy is barely going to net anything out of Bergen but Union/Essex/Hudson are still out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 09:09:16 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure if any of these have VBM #s included.

Middlesex is certainly the early vote. No way is Murphy winning there by 26.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »

I guarantee you VBM has been counted in several counties.

Yeah it certainly has like in areas like Cape May. However dems still have their strongholds while Rs just have Sussex out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 11:37:01 PM »

Murphy will probably win, but it will be embarrassing if Youngkin wins by a larger margin than him.

Heres the good news for the Dem establishment tho: They still have 13 months to make excuses, find scapegoats, and avoid responsibility for the inevitable 2022 shellacking. I wonder what/who it will be this time? Ralph Nader? Russia? Muh media?

Just about every single "progressive" candidate and policy up tonight got blown out of the water, even in blue cities like Seattle, Minneapolis, and Buffalo. Also as mentioned Murphy himself is pretty damn "progressive" and got an enthusiastic endorsement from Bernie Sanders.

But sure, it's all "the establishment" and I'm sure AOC would win in a landslide if we nominated her or someone like her for president.

Please don’t use “progressive as an umbrella label. There are light years between Sanders and NTK.
Wait did NTK lose?

Looks iffy, currently down  by 18 % but the loon votes are more heavy in the later ballots.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »

Im telling yall the main ad Jack had was just how Murphy gaffed " If you don't like high taxes, we probably aren't your state"
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »

My favorite part about Sweeney is the teacher unions spent 5 million to beat him in 2017  and he got like 60%  and now a guy with $150 might beat him.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 11:28:28 AM »

JACK IS STOPPING THE STEAL.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 11:55:25 AM »

The race is over, Dave called it and he is literally never wrong. But it was pathetically close.

Some of that call was based on a 9k net vote error by Demonrats trying to steal the election till they were caught

But yeah it is over.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 11:58:37 AM »

It looks like Lakewood played a major role in Murphy eking it out. He provided vital support for Orthodox Jews in NJ against bigoted municipalities like Mahwah, and high-profile Rabbis endorsed him and flipped the district from heavily Trump to overwhelmingly Murphy. Without that bloc, the remaining blue areas might not have been enough.

Do you know the results in Lakewood?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »

lol
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 05:29:59 PM »

Durr said he entered the race after being denied a concealed carry permit despite having a clean record. State campaign finance records show a slate of candidates including Durr raised more than $10,000 during their campaign but spent only $153: $66.64 at Dunkin to buy food and drinks for staff and $86.67 for paper flyers and business cards.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/truck-driver-leads-nj-senate-president-after-spending-153-on-campaign/3030225/

LOL
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 11:34:09 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2021, 09:45:28 AM by lfromnj »

I love how everyone from all sides of politics is just dunking on Sweeney.

Machine politics is a cancer on democracy and needs to die a painful death.

Sweeney stood upto the teacher  unions and they spent 5 million against him. Hardly a standard of machines

RIP HERO Purple heart
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 02:32:36 PM »

Wonderful news, Sweeney will steal the election .

Please do Purple heart
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 11:08:55 PM »

Speaking about Durr.

Durr later apologized, and reiterated that apology during Wednesday's meeting, according to CAIR-NJ. He left the meeting with a copy of the Quran.

"We wanted to dispel any of the incorrect beliefs he has about our community," CAIR-NJ Executive Director Selaedin Maksut said. "We also want to remind him of his responsibility as an elected official. He represents Muslims as well. It's his responsibility to keep their safety in mind."
Maksut called the meeting, "productive."

"Mr. Durr was sincere in his apology, and we welcome his condemnation of Islamophobia and his commitment to renouncing hate-speech," Maksut said.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 12:59:07 PM »

Speaking about Durr.

Durr later apologized, and reiterated that apology during Wednesday's meeting, according to CAIR-NJ. He left the meeting with a copy of the Quran.

"We wanted to dispel any of the incorrect beliefs he has about our community," CAIR-NJ Executive Director Selaedin Maksut said. "We also want to remind him of his responsibility as an elected official. He represents Muslims as well. It's his responsibility to keep their safety in mind."
Maksut called the meeting, "productive."

"Mr. Durr was sincere in his apology, and we welcome his condemnation of Islamophobia and his commitment to renouncing hate-speech," Maksut said.

Okay, so he probably won't actually be an MTG/Blankenship-tier gold mine. Good to know, I guess!

It sucks, I lose Sweeney and I don't even get a meme Sad
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2021, 01:59:29 AM »

So Ciattarelli obviously won the white vote statewide. Is it also safe to assume that he won it in every county aside from Hudson, Essex, Mercer, Union and Camden?

Murphy probably won Middlesex's white vote as well....

What? Absolutely not. I'm even doubtful he won it in Union and Camden (though he still probably did, narrowly). I'll grant he won Mercer whites but only because that's the one county in that with a proportionally large population of white liberals.

New census numbers are going to show that most of these counties are now close to majority-minority. Middlesex almost definitely is. There's zero chance that Murphy won the white vote given the relatively tight margin. The majority white precincts (almost exclusively in Monroe and Old Bridge) all went for Ciattarelli with the exception of the retirement homes in Monroe (which are almost exclusively Jewish Brooklyn emigrants).

Middlesex Precinct Results: https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/NJ/Middlesex/110780/web.278093/#/summary

Racial Breakdown: https://statisticalatlas.com/county/New-Jersey/Middlesex-County/Race-and-Ethnicity

Do you have 2017?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies