2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 54139 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 24, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »

Rocky did extremely well on his home turf in NE KY (like 80%+) which actually isn't coal country.  He won most, but not all of the coal counties in SE KY by less impressive margins.  He lost 5 of the 6 coal counties in WKY.  Clearly, he must have been a good rep over the years to win his area so overwhelmingly, but it doesn't seem to have much if anything to do with coal.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »

The R Senator who represents Bullitt and part of Jefferson endorsed Beshear today

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Republican-lawmaker-endorses-Democratic-nominee-for-governor-513337441.html
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »

Yo Fancy Farm is tomorrow who is excited?

Bevin is so excited his making a fool of himself.

https://www.wkms.org/post/bevin-responds-rival-s-call-labor-sec-firing-over-blackjewel-beshear-buffoon#stream/0
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2019, 03:23:28 PM by DINGO Joe stands on Sanchez »

Bevin doing everything he can to lose

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Bevin-says-primary-challenger-Rep-Robert-Goforth-is-a-name-so-easily-forgotten-557894411.html

Here's a longer article on the rift between Bevin and Goforth along with the contrast of Beshear and Rocky being BFFs

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-governors-remark-stirs-spat-174531198.html
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 09:22:52 PM »

I don't think Beshear trying to run as more conservative would help him, though, since it would probably be seen as pandering, and people who basically just want someone conservative already have that in Bevin.

I’m not saying he should run a campaign more or as conservative as Bevin or anything, but a more conservative tone on a few hot-button social issues or some distance between himself and the national party certainly wouldn’t hurt. Was JBE's pro-life position viewed as pandering? Was Joe Manchin's Kavanaugh vote viewed as pandering? Hardly.

I think someone like Rocky Adkins would be doing better against Bevin right now.

I’ll grant you if Rocky Adkins was the nominee that’s i think Bevin could actually lose. He actually has credibility to disassociate himself from the national party and Beshear doesn’t even seem to be trying to do that. It’s almost as if he’s going along advice from Bandit the Worker on Atlas

At the rate things are going, I wonder if Beshear will even manage to keep it within 5% in November, or if he will win Elliott County.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the 'rural racist hicks' is poes law around here. Because even if you think Beshear will lose, he will still do decently because Bevin is hated  in some circles. This means that some rural counties, like Elliot where the dem base is still reasonable, Beshear will carry. But he will probably carry far fewer then before, and will instead be getting his votes from places like the Cincinnati and Evansville suburbs.

Evansville has suburbs?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 12:14:46 AM »

If coal miners didn't already know they were dead, the last six months should have convinced them.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:55 AM »

You’re the guy that thinks McGrath can win right, because McConnell stiffed a bunch of coal miners. I guess we’ll see who ends up right about this one in a year

Nah, the #1 thing I think is that you're an idiot who's evading the question. What happened between 2008 and 2016 that turned a bunch of people who were fine with voting for Barack Obama into these reactionaries that you think they are?

You conveniently left out the violent swing from Kerry to McCain in a lot of these places despite a cratered economy, two wars, and tons of Republican vorruption
Not relevant. What happened between 2008 and 2016?

About 200 NG power plants
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 01:29:33 PM »

IceSpear relying on the most trustworthy source of sociological information about the cultural patterns underlying voting patterns in Appalachia, the YouTube channel PrettyDrunkPeople.

No need to rely on the video, though it's good anecdotal evidence along with my own personal experiences in KY/WV. If you prefer empirical data, feel free to refer to post #370. Wink

By the way I know people who were Gore/Kerry/McCain/Romney voters and not a single one of them is racist

Were they that worried about the coal industry in Portland?

Um no they just liked McCain a lot(they would have voted for Hillary though ) and thought Obama did a bad job as President .

What part of KY did they live in?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »

This showed up in my in my newsfeed one day.  In the proud tradition of the war on poverty, the ARC, JFK, Rockefeller, her Catholic church, etc... one Virginia college girl would go on service trips to WV each summer.  Why she won't be going back.

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2019/05/my-service-trip-to-west-virginia-raises-ethical-questions
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 12:59:43 PM »

It will be interesting to see how coal counties votes given the massive chaos and job losses in the last six months.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »

It will be interesting to see how coal counties votes given the massive chaos and job losses in the last six months.
They will vote for Matt Bevin. Trump will come down to the coal counties and give a speech on Beshear will steal the jobs and turn the Cracker Barrel into a Taco Bell and they'll all vote GOP.

Obviously an exaggeration, but is it?

Maybe. Maybe they don't vote.  Just interesting to see what they'll do.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 04:57:27 PM »

Bevin is such an incapable person that he'll need every iota of Trumptardation of the Kentucky electorate to win

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-govs-race-stirs-clash-211243436.html
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »

Excuse me, was I the only one that missed this poll?

Or are they releasing it just now?

Missing this poll was a huge failure on the part of Atlas.  I blame Tender.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 12:27:51 AM »

When can we expect the votes to be certified? Any news on the Bevin allegations/recanvassing/legislature front?

The recanvass occurs Thursday.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »

A group of "concerned" voters speak out on their thoughts of maybe possible fraud somewhere

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Group-of-voters-share-their-concerns-on-governors-race-564769502.html

"We've heard complaints. We've heard about record turnout, yet I haven't talked to a single person in Fayette County who waited in line anywhere to vote despite record turnout. Things just don't add up. As voters, we want to know what is going on. As voters, we want to know [if] anyone is looking into this," said Erika Calihan, a concerned voter.

The group says they hoped to talk about specific evidence at the news conference, but they were not able to do that.

These people really should be locked up.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »

They saw a big line of blacks voting, and assumed they were bused in illegally from Chicago by ACORN.

Ah, but they didn't see that.  That's what makes them so "concerned"
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 05:25:41 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Group of Voters Thinks Their Candidate Should Have Won, Can't Believe He Didn't

I think what blows my mind about this is how lazy it is.  It almost as if it's an Onion man on the street bit.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »

The only change in the recanvass  is one county that missed a write in vote for Blackii Effing Whyte which brought his total to 46 votes, which means he still loses to Beshear...and Bevin lost too.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2019, 01:40:42 AM »

I've heard of moving the goalposts, but this is like placing them up in the 300 section.

It's like moving them onto a cricket field
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies