2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 54008 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 26, 2019, 11:52:46 PM »

What I want to know is: where is Linda Belcher? She'd easily sew this entire race up if she just campaigned on behalf of Beshear!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 03:49:49 PM »

I'm not entirely sure about how KY does it (according to Ebsy, this wouldn't be legally allowed), but here in GA, county election boards will begin counting mail ballots in the early afternoon via a process known as sequestration. Depending on how many ballots have been cast, the time at which this begins may be earlier (noon to 2 PM) or later (4 to 7 PM). Representatives for both parties will be present at the counting and nobody is allowed to leave the room until the polls are closed and two separate sets of counts are complete/in agreement (I don't think technically they're even allowed to bring their phones in, but that's not always enforced).

Even if this isn't legally how things are done in Kentucky, it would not surprise me if many "small town" election boards begin counting ballots ahead of schedule because they don't want to be there all night. It's KY: very similar to GA in the sheer number of counties and how few people live in many of them, so some casual law-breaking isn't out of the question.

Nevertheless, we get "Twitter turnout reports" in every election and a good deal of them turn out to be fake. So, in the spirit of things:

Here's Griff's patented Election Day Hysteria Generator!

Have fun Smiley

Early reports of [adjective] turnout in [location] suggest [noun] for [party/candidate]
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:23:31 PM »

Wow, precinct level results! Is this going to be a feature for other elections as well?

Sometimes they put up precinct-level map results prior to poll closures but end up not filling them in: not sure why. Either way, there may or may not be, depending on how whomever's running that page feels I suppose.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 08:42:45 PM »

It's went from like a 3-point lead for Beshear to a 1-point lead (from 89% to 95% reporting) in like 10 minutes. Not sure I'm ready to accept Wasserman's call just yet.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 09:30:24 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:44 PM »

You know we think alike on these kinds of things, but you know the ribbing would come if this happened!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 04:46:14 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Group of Voters Thinks Their Candidate Should Have Won, Can't Believe He Didn't
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies