Ranking Game of Thrones Seasons from Best to Worst. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:13:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Ranking Game of Thrones Seasons from Best to Worst. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ranking Game of Thrones Seasons from Best to Worst.  (Read 1845 times)
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« on: May 16, 2019, 01:57:33 AM »

it's been a hell of a while since I watched earlier seasons, but off the top of my head

#1: I'll put Season 2 as first because the Stannis scenes and Blackwater were unparalleled, despite Benioff and Weiss' seeds of character assassination

#2: Season 1 gets this spot because it was the most faithful adaptation

#3: Season 4 gets this spot because certain moments like the Defeat of Mance Rayder's 100,000 Strong Wildling Army and Oberyn pledging to fight for Tyrion are underrated, whereas moments like the Red Wedding are overrated

#4: Season 3 gets this spot because, well, I'm certainly not putting any of Seasons 5-8 on here

and then there's a looonnnnnggggg gap, because Seasons 5-8 are such dragon doo-doo that I need to specify that.

Main point: seasons 5-8 should only be enjoyed from the perspective of mocking it online, excoriating the terrible decisions made by the showrunners at each point, etc

#5: Season 8. The reason it's at this position is because by this point, most attentive fans have given up on expecting good writing from Dip****&Dumb***, so the enjoyment is 100% from mocking it online. It also benefits from being the season that convinced many casual viewers to hate Benioff and Weiss.

#6: Season 7. The same reasons I gave for season 8, but it's the penultimate season so some attentive viewers still had some faith in things getting better. It didn't inspire as much casual hate against Benioff and Weiss.

#7: Season 6. What they did to Euron and the whole Ironborne storyline, along with Dorne, is simply unforgivable. Having the Battle of the Bastards happen at all was a huge mistake, because it screwed with the pacing of the show tremendously, having negative consequences down the line. It would have been better off for the overall story to have the Boltons defeated by Stannis at the end of Season 5, rather than stretch things out to the end of Season 6 and end it in such a way that makes Jon Snow look totally inept and the Northmen totally forgetful of their loyalty to the Starks and Ramsay a Villain Sue.

#8: Season 5. This is where the decline truly began. D&D deserve retribution for what they did to the Stannis and Dorne story arc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies