Opinion of Germany
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:47:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Germany
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Germany
Freedom Country

Horrible Country

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Opinion of Germany  (Read 714 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

Definitely massive freedom country!!! Hopefully I will end up living there.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »

Massive Freedom Country, definitely a place I'd seriously be interested in living in if I got the opportunity (frankly think the quality of life and the dynamism of things there is better than in France, the only problem is the language, where I have like a B1 (closer to B2 than A2 though) level in German or so, I'd really have to improve my level in German)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Used to be a feedom country. Nowadays we begin to live in a state of Late-Roman decadency.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »

Used to be a feedom country. Nowadays we begin to live in a state of Late-Roman decadency.

How so?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 04:24:37 PM »

FC
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2019, 04:54:33 PM by Ἅιδης »

How so?

Fridays for Future, devaluation of the Abitur, Abolishment of the military/community service (a big mistake!), referenda about bees (!!!!!!!!!), imminent expropriation thanks to Juso Kevin, who has never lifted a finger in his whole life, anti-vaxxer movement, Gendersternchen and Binnen-I, rise of the brutal Antifa - the SS of the Green and Left parties, abolishment of Germany in behalf of the European Union...

Have you ever heard of Stuttgart 21 and BER? They are the symptoms of the Late Roman decadency and a writing on the wall...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:33 PM »

Ein schoenes Land.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »

How so?

Fridays for Future, devaluation of the Abitur, Abolishment of the military/community service (a big mistake!), referenda about bees (!!!!!!!!!), imminent expropriation thanks to Juso Kevin, who has never lifted a finger in his whole life, anti-vaxxer movement, rise of the brutal Antifa - the SS of the Green and Left parties, abolishment of Germany in behalf of the European Union...

Have you ever heard of Stuttgart 21 and BER? They are the symptoms of the Late Roman decadency and a writing on the wall...
Are you sarcastic lol?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »

How so?

Fridays for Future, devaluation of the Abitur, Abolishment of the military/community service (a big mistake!), referenda about bees (!!!!!!!!!), imminent expropriation thanks to Juso Kevin, who has never lifted a finger in his whole life, anti-vaxxer movement, Gendersternchen and Binnen-I, rise of the brutal Antifa - the SS of the Green and Left parties, abolishment of Germany in behalf of the European Union...

Are you sarcastic lol?

I wish I were. We used to be the land of "Dichter and Denker". We used to be famous for our efficiency. But that is long gone and a romanticizing of our real frame of mind. The reality is: The majority of Germany has become educationally alienated and averse to work. It's a sad truth.
The crafts have big trouble finding new journeymen; either because they are too dumb or just because they don't wanna work hard. I wish the requirement for a university place were a successful apprenticeship as a craftsmen (or as medical/geriatric nurse).
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »

How so?

What exactly happened with the Abitur? I know France has been devaluing its education system for 30 years and now we probably have just about the worst education system of the "Northern" European countries (and if I recall properly, I think about 2 years ago we ranked second to last in the PISA rankings for the EU in math), I can't imagine Germany being worse. Why would they devalue it? At anyrate in France it was basically the left who did it in order to win votes, they decided that 85% of students should get the Baccalaureate and it went downhill from there (not necessarily a bad goal, but it was horribly implemented).

Imminent expropriation? Of what?

Nope, never heard of Stuttgart 21 or BER. What are they?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:00 PM »

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »

What exactly happened with the Abitur?

Thousands of pupils have started an online petition because they found the math Abitur exercises too hard. Many mathematicians dissented, and several employers and university professors have complained about the decline of mathematical understanding of university students and apprentices.

I did the exercises, too, and they were easy. Really easy.

Furthermore, the level of the Abitur diverges from Bundesland to Bundesland. In states like Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Saxony, it's extremely hard to achieve it, whereas in states like Bremen, Berlin and North Rhine-Westphalia it's basically worthless.

Kevin Kühnert, the left-wing extremist chairman of the Jusos (the youth organization of the SPD), has called for the nationalization of companies like BMW and owner-occupied houses two weeks ago.

Nope, never heard of Stuttgart 21 or BER. What are they?

Stuttgart 21 is a transportation project which is to lead to the alteration of its train station from a railhead to a through station. Environmentalist went to massive barricades in 2010 and the CDU state government proceeded brutally against the protesters, which eventually lead to the Green takeover of the governor's mansion (as did the Fukushima incident, of course, which had occurred some week prior to the state election). The project was approved by a referendum, but that hasn't kept the Greens off from protesting against it. Stuttgart 21 has not been completed up to today.

BER is supposed to be the new Berlin airport (Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg „Willy Brandt“), which has been being under construction since ... 2006! The airline operations ought to have started in ... November 2011, but it has since been delayed a thousand times because of construction defects and violations of technical building regulations. Just last week the scheduled inauguration has been delayed again for the 1,001st time due to the use of wrong dowels. Roll Eyes "Fun" fact: The Senate (name of the Berlin government) has to waste millions of Euros per year because ghost trains have to drive the tunnels in order to prevent mold formation Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.
There have been myriads of memes, parodies and caricatures about BER since 2011, it has been a hot topic ever since, and if you touch upon this topic, you'll just arouse head-shaking or even wrath. That topic still inflames tempers...
BER symbolizes the incompetence of Berlin politicians, urban planers and workers to get things done.
It is furthermore said that without the BER failure Wowereit would have become the SPD chancellor candidate in 2013.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 11:58:56 PM »

You are being run by a government that has an obsessive hysteria about running pointlessly huge budget surpluses (even while your economoy is weakening, go figure) and you wonder why your infrastructure is crap? I mean DB trains have turned into an absolute joke, but you get what you pay for, and if you aren't willing to pay anything because your irrational paranoia about budget deficits - then you are going to wind up with crap

Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 04:44:15 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2019, 04:54:20 AM by clash »

Rapidly degenerated from representing the height of early modern European culture and civilization to one of the worst, most insufferable countries in the West. It's been all downhill since 1871. You hate to see it.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 05:07:19 AM »

Freedom Country. If Israeli democracy collapses (increasingly a "when" at this pace) I'd consider it as an option, maybe.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »

Freedom country. Not everything is perfect, but definitely one of the best countries to live in.

Freedom Country. If Israeli democracy collapses (increasingly a "when" at this pace) I'd consider it as an option, maybe.

Actually it would be an irony of history when people from Israel refuge to Germany. However, I'd welcome people from Israel.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »

"Ksch Koff
Ksch Koff
3 days ago (edited)
@Jonathan Bowen
I have been here for 10 years. My workplace is an employee carousel with 1 out of 5 newcomers having extreme opinions about us inferior Americans. It took me 5 years to find a decent job here because half of my interviews consisted of answering stupid questions like "can an American work as hard as a German person?" and "do you like George Bush?".

Everywhere I go I have to hear this b*******. I was not around to see Donald Trump elected. I have been trying to fit into Germany. I left everything I knew, came here, learned their language and went back to school and this is the thanks I get. I got to hear German's unironically calling us white trash on the radio, and listen to people saying we deserve to be shot. They put pictures of the president doing sieg heil salut on their magazine cover, and they even had a documentary about Florida as if it is a war zone where they kill you for having the wrong skin color.

If that doesn't = ethnic garbage then what does? Sorry, but I think someone needs to say something about how extreme these views are becoming in Europe. Man, what is the point? In Europe being on the left means hating my own ethnicity. xD
Show less"

Is this a common experience for Americans in Germany?

And do Germans really do this to Americans in Germany?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 04:23:13 PM »

After the Nordic countries, the Netherlands, and Canada/Australia/New Zealand it's probably one of the best places to live in the world, all things considered. The AfD sh**theads are a nuisance though.

Voted FC.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »

How so?

Are you sarcastic lol?

I wish I were. We used to be the land of "Dichter and Denker". We used to be famous for our efficiency. But that is long gone and a romanticizing of our real frame of mind. The reality is: The majority of Germany has become educationally alienated and averse to work. It's a sad truth.
The crafts have big trouble finding new journeymen; either because they are too dumb or just because they don't wanna work hard. I wish the requirement for a university place were a successful apprenticeship as a craftsmen (or as medical/geriatric nurse).

Yeah, that's not just a problem in Germany but much of the West.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »

FC. It'd definitely be in my top 10, maybe even top 5 of countries in which to live if I ever emigrated.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:32 AM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:07 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »

How so?

You're 100% right. But don't you vote for parties continuing this descend into the abyss?
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 11:40:12 AM by Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan »

ITT: Some country is horrible because of few failed infrastructural projects and people who are no longer willing to work like a serfs for mr GmbH.

Oh yeah, and giving a damn about bees which are crucial for such petty things like I don't know, existence of human kind?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »

Pretty outstanding up until around the Battle of the Marne. Obviously horrible during the Holocaust. Mediocre second-rate power since.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies