Suburban New Jersey Conservative v Tack50, MB, LouisvilleThunder, Adam Griffin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:11:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Suburban New Jersey Conservative v Tack50, MB, LouisvilleThunder, Adam Griffin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suburban New Jersey Conservative v Tack50, MB, LouisvilleThunder, Adam Griffin  (Read 958 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: May 15, 2019, 05:58:33 AM »

Racist language isn't illegal though and the Supreme Court cant prosecute non-crimes. Nor can it impose rules on a 3rd party platform like Discord.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 11:24:14 AM »

I would like to ask the Honorable Justices to dismiss this frivolous case.

First of all, mostly because there is no case. A case can only be brought if there is a law being broken, but as per the Justice Code of Atlasia, none of the defendants have broken any particular law. In fact, not even the prosecution is making an argument for that! So we can't really be found out as guilty of anything.

Secondly, even if those statements were illegal to make, they weren't made in Atlas. And regardless of the platform, those statments are well under the premises and limitations of free speech in the Republic of Atlasia.

Since there has been no crime commited and no laws have been broken, I would like the judges to dismiss the case. While I do admit a civil suit based on damages might be at least legally viable, we don't really have a Civil Code, nor any way to pay those damages or any way to enforce the veredict.

If the Justices still decide to take this thread I would like to add the fact that I was not involved, in any way shape or form in those statments. Those controversial statments never came out of my mouth (or to be precise, my PC's keyboard). As such there is no reason to open a case against me. I also believe that to be the case with MB.

It also seems that the prosecution is trying to make the argument that Discord should be ruled unconstitutional somehow. But that is not really possible as it would infringe on the free speech rights of the citizens of this Republic. And even if the court were to make that decision, it would be a completely unenforceable ruling, as well as overturning the previous case of People's Republic of Atlasia v Ninja (where Ninja was cleared of deleting public records for making discussion about a law on Discord or something like that, I'm not fully sure about the details)

Finally, just in case this somehow is considered a criminal case against myself, I would like to exercise my constitutional right to counsel and announce my intention to plead non-guilty.

I agree. Just remember, multiple justices dont believe in standing and basically subscribe to a Mad Libs view of court cases whereby any noun can sue any noun for any noun.

Pork and beans can sue the sky for too many bees.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies