Would you support this political system? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:32:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would you support this political system? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Would you support this political system?  (Read 1567 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:15 AM »

I mean, anything proportional would be an improvement. Personally though I would prefer a proportional by state system, to balance proper political representation with local representation, where each state gets a certain number of at-large seats, and they all come from the state party (or if no state party organization the members must come from that state). I also agree with keeping the VP or some equivalent role.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »

How is removing an elected body’s ability to make decisions in favor of an unelected bureaucracy democratic exactly?

You can  support independent commissions if you want, but it’s not the more democratic alternative
Because those people end up being corrupt and using their powers to make it not democratic anymore? We literally know this happens all the time.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »

How is removing an elected body’s ability to make decisions in favor of an unelected bureaucracy democratic exactly?

You can  support independent commissions if you want, but it’s not the more democratic alternative
Because those people end up being corrupt and using their powers to make it not democratic anymore? We literally know this happens all the time.

Not agreeing with you =/= corrupt

Plus, if this is the argument then why support democratic governance at all?
Not agreeing with me? Using redistricting powers to ensure your party wins regardless of who people actually vote for isn't a matter of my political opinion, it's undermining democracy. I don't support gerrymandering in Maryland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies