Why are American Jews so Democratic if Republicans are so pro-Israel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:40:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are American Jews so Democratic if Republicans are so pro-Israel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are American Jews so Democratic if Republicans are so pro-Israel?  (Read 3837 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »

Also, considering most American Jews are Reform\Conservative and Israel is literally repeatedly spitting in their faces, so they probably increasingly care less about this issue.

Sometimes, it's better just not to post than to hint at antisemitic tropes
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »

Also, considering most American Jews are Reform\Conservative and Israel is literally repeatedly spitting in their faces, so they probably increasingly care less about this issue.

Please explain why your delusional mind sees this as an anti-Semitic trope. Or do you see all Jews as Israeli? That would seem to be an anti-Semitic trope to me.

You were very clearly hinting at the "double loyalty" sh**t that asks Jews to choose their loyalty. The existence of the Jewish state is just the recent development in this trope.

American Jews are indeed Americans, but that doesn't change the fact that they CAN let Israel influence their politics, just like Ukrainian Americans can be influenced by Ukraine policy and Palestinian Americans by Palestinian policy. For some reason, no one is looking at the latter two examples crookedly. I'm not implying you're an antisemite or anything (though that neat recommend feature tells me Atlas' biggest antismite delights in your calling me delusional), but these themes, like "double loyalty", are ingrained in many people's minds and understanding it is important.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:28:28 PM »

Please explain why your delusional mind sees this as an anti-Semitic trope. Or do you see all Jews as Israeli? That would seem to be an anti-Semitic trope to me.

You were very clearly hinting at the "double loyalty" sh**t that asks Jews to choose their loyalty. The existence of the Jewish state is just the recent development in this trope.

American Jews are indeed Americans, but that doesn't change the fact that they CAN let Israel influence their politics, just like Ukrainian Americans can be influenced by Ukraine policy and Palestinian Americans by Palestinian policy. For some reason, no one is looking at the latter two examples crookedly. I'm not implying you're an antisemite or anything (though that neat recommend feature tells me Atlas' biggest antismite delights in your calling me delusional), but these themes, like "double loyalty", are ingrained in many people's minds and understanding it is important.

I was hinting at nothing. I find this question which repeatedly comes up incredible inane (the question being any variation of "why do Jews vote left if the left is anti-Israel"). Although the OP is a red avatar it is almost exclusively asked by the right wing who expect American Jews to suddenly vote Republican because Trump is so pro-Israel. The only accusation of dual loyalty comes from the likes of Trump and the GOP who expect American Jews to start voting GOP because of the GOP's support and the Democrats perceived lack of support for Israel (remember Trump's "your" PM comment?)

My comment was merely meant to point out the absurdity of expecting American Jews political habits to move in a uniform motion with the DEM/GOP treatment of Israel.

Alright, I do think it could've been worded better but maybe it's my nuanced attention to these things Tongue And oh, yeah, I remember Trump's comment and I think it's extremely inane and not much better than the "all about the Benjamins" comment. Of course, I think accusations of double loyalty come from the far-left too, but that's another discussion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies