Ramblings on the House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:17:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ramblings on the House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ramblings on the House  (Read 989 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

I will say that for a (relatively) new player it's also not impossible to make a jump directly to the Senate, nor is it impossible for someone to win an election in an "ideologically hostile" region (though it is getting increasingly hard I believe).

A good example is probably my election against LT. At the time I was still very new, having only served to fill a vacancy in the Southern CoD for like a month. Meanwhile, LT was someone from the right trying to run in a left wing region (though Lincoln is still more of a tossup than Fremont).

End result: We both tie twice; with Lincoln electing both a right winger and a new player to the Senate.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »

I will say that for a (relatively) new player it's also not impossible to make a jump directly to the Senate, nor is it impossible for someone to win an election in an "ideologically hostile" region (though it is getting increasingly hard I believe).

A good example is probably my election against LT. At the time I was still very new, having only served to fill a vacancy in the Southern CoD for like a month. Meanwhile, LT was someone from the right trying to run in a left wing region (though Lincoln is still more of a tossup than Fremont).

End result: We both tie twice; with Lincoln electing both a right winger and a new player to the Senate.
I know right! Labor used to love the Senate as they have the current structural advantage based on regional registration, and that allowed them to take those two Lincoln seats for granted by electing inactive hacks. Now that their birthright slipped from the palms of their hands they want to change the Senate. Sad!!!

Don't worry, Labor will fix that mistake in June Wink
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:16:15 PM »

I agree with YT. With a good and active enough campaign, people don't care about experience that much. Going directly to the federal house or Senate is doable
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »

While there are a lot of fun topics that can only be addressed federally, I found being a Regional legislator much more enjoyable and every bit as impactful as being in Congress. No one should think of Regional legislature as any less prestigious than Congress.

Same. My current tenure as Lincoln Councillor has been just as enjoyable, if not more; than my Senate half-term. That might be because I'm speaker as well; though I do find the proper speaker jobs (bringing bills to the floor, keeping the noticeboard uptated, opening/closing votes, etc) to not be all that fun and be quite time consuming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies