Ramblings on the House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:22:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ramblings on the House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ramblings on the House  (Read 999 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:54 PM »

I tried to bring back Adam's idea for a cap on regional legislatures in 2017 and it was shot to pieces by several people.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:51:13 PM »

Also while I can see why the House is considered a lower post to some, it is suppose to be an equal branch to the Senate, not beneath it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

Also while I can see why the House is considered a lower post to some, it is suppose to be an equal branch to the Senate, not beneath it.
I think the point is more that the lower chamber is the people's House, and its members are supposed to be drawn from the ranks of the commons—not the established elites.

In some ways the stepping stone process mentioned in the OP has impacted the Senate as well, at least in the regions where favorable winds prevail and thus we have had Senates in the last year or so that were nearly completely composed of relatively new people with maybe one or two exceptions in a given chamber where this the case overall. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies