Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:06:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border  (Read 1277 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« on: May 16, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »

In order to be considered truly pro-life, you should:

- Be anti-war
- Be against the death penalty
- Be against abortion (with usual exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life, etc)
- Strongly support increased access to contraceptives so unwanted pregnancies don't happen in the first place
- Support some form of universal healthcare
- Vote for politicians who share most or all of the above positions
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:23:55 PM »

- Be anti-war
- Be against abortion (with usual exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life, etc)
- Strongly support increased access to contraceptives so unwanted pregnancies don't happen in the first place

Enforce mandatory veganism?

Lol no, but I could add that a "pro-life" person should obviously support animals that are killed for food being killed in the most humane way possible, and not treated the way they currently are.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »

- Be anti-war

I said nothing about religion. being pro-life does not innately have to be related to being religious, as I share all of those positions except for being anti-abortion and I am an atheist.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »

I said nothing about religion. being pro-life does not innately have to be related to being religious, as I share all of those positions except for being anti-abortion and I am an atheist.

I didn't say anything about religion either, and I think I've pretty clearly established that I'm not religious. I linked the second tweet for the allegory; I have no control over the way tweets display here.

The only point is that I'm not taking advice from pro-abortion activists on how to be properly anti-abortion. We'll end abortion on our own with your "helpful advice," thanks.

Well, you won't end abortion whether you're on your own or not, and I wasn't trying to give anyone advice to begin with. I was describing what I view as a truly pro-life outlook.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »

They are not pro-life.

They have zero concern, as is evidenced in their policies and attitudes, for life after it leaves the womb.
Did you support the Iraq war?

Did the overwhelming majority of "pro-life" politicians support the Iraq war?
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 04:24:17 PM »

These threads will always be the same thing: cries of hypocrisy or moral inconsistency used as weak ballasts to prop up an indefensible position on abortion. No one here ever makes the argument that abortion is good, just that the people who think it is bad are themselves bad.

It's tiresome and the mods should really do more to keep this in the megathread.

I'll make that argument for you, then.

Abortion is good because it prevents children from being born into abject poverty and living a miserable existence.

Abortion is good because some people simply cannot properly take care of children.

Abortion is good because it can save the life of the mother, in certain situations.

Abortion is good because God literally punished women by forcing them to have miscarriages, per a story straight from the Bible. therefore, God approves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies