Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:59:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Documenting the FL Democratic Party's 20+ year dry spell on a national map  (Read 5177 times)
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« on: June 17, 2019, 10:49:28 PM »

Something I’ve always wondered is: why do the FL Dems in particular suck so bad? FL Dems constantly choke in elections and I always hear how much they suck, but is there a particular reason why they do so much worse than other swing state Democratic parties. Anyone care to inform me?
I imagine it just has to do with the Democratic base in Florida being predominantly young voters and Hispanics, obviously this could describe other states too but the fact that Cubans in Florida are considerably more Republican-leaning than Hispanic voters in other states and the fact that youth turnout can be cancelled out by the growing retiree population, means that Florida Democrats are able to keep it close but can't quite seem to win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies