What about 25?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:59:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What about 25?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about 25?  (Read 136 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2019, 11:11:21 PM by v0031 »

One day, my little daughter Annie came to me with a difficult problem. “Helen hates me!” she cried. “She wants me only to be her   11      You tell Helen that I want to be her friend, but I can have other friends, too!”
Oh! I looked at her for a few   12       , wondering what to do, when suddenly an idea came to me.
I picked up two   13     from the living room. I put the small basket inside the big one and said, When everyone is born, he or she has a little basket. The little one is   14    . The big one is mine. Your little basket is inside mine.   15     do you think that is?”
She looked at me   16     and said nothing.
I continued, “Your little basket is in mine because when you were born, there were too many things you couldn’t do for yourself. I fed you, bathed you and I   17     everything else you couldn’t do on your own.   18     I put your basket in mine. As you grew older, when you learnt to tie your shoes, that went in your basket. You   19     want me to tie your shoes now, right?”
She said softly, “No, I can tie my own shoes. ”
“As you grow older, there will be   20     things you must do by yourself. ” As I spoke, I took her basket out of mine and handed it to her. “You will finally   21     your own basket with things only you can do. like deciding who you want to be friends with, what college you will go to, who you will marry. ”
She   22     it for a while and said, “I understand. There are some things that I have to do for myself because they are in my basket. ”
I hugged her and continued, “One day when I become   23    , you will take things out of my basket and place them into your basket. Finally, you’ll take my basket. Just like I do for my mom and grandmother now. ” I gently   24     my basket with hers.
Life is a   25       . As she watched the little basket in my hand and smiled, she understood.
(   )11. A. enemy   B. listener   C. friend   D. student
(   )12. A.days   B. years   C. months   D. minutes
(   )13. A.cups   B. bags   C. boxes   D. baskets
(   )14. A.his   B. hers   C. yours   D. theirs
(   )15. A.Why   B. Who   C. When   D. Where
(   )16. A.lively   B. silently   C. warmly   D. strictly
(   )17. A.did   B. made   C. put   D. took
(   )18. A.And   B. But   C. For   D. So
(   )19. A.mustn’t   B. wouldn’t   C. couldn't   D.needn’t
(   )20. A.fewer   B. more   C. worse   D.better
(   )21. A.carry   B.make   C. use   D.find
(   )22. A.pointed at   B.laughed at   C. worried about   D.thought about
(   )23. A.old   B.lazy   C. busy   D.young
(   )24. A.changed   B.shared   C. compared   D.connected
(   )25. A.book   B.light   C. circle   D.college

I choose A, a book, but I think none of them a good choice.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:18:36 AM »

C, a circle. In this case it refers to a circle being the repetition of an action indefinitely.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies