Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 08:56:16 pm
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (General) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Gustaf, Torie, The Mikado, Speaker YE)
  RIP Grumpy Cat 😿
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Opinion of the second-most famous deceased Arizonan?
#1Freedom cat
#2Horrible cat
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: RIP Grumpy Cat 😿  (Read 392 times)
Ξ
Hades
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2019, 02:04:48 pm »
« edited: May 17, 2019, 02:39:35 pm by Ἅιδης »

On Tuesday, Tardar Sauce aka Grumpy Cat passed away at her home in Morristown, Arizona, which also happened to be her place of birth, following complications from a urinary tract infection at the age of seven. Cry
She is reported to be the richest cat ever, and she's the only cat so far who managed to appear on both American Idol and The Bachelorette.
My heartfelt sympathy goes to her owner Tabatha Bundesen and her family who'll have to tighten their belts now.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/17/celebrities/grumpy-cat-dead-intl-scli/index.html

* April 4, 2012  † May 14, 2019
Lechasseur
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:23:53 pm »

RIP Freedom Cat Cry
Esteemed Vice President Jimmy7812
Jimmy7812
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.54, S: -1.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:18:27 pm »

Swing State Ohio
bagelman
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:59:01 pm »

I don't even want to know how much money that cat made, but all of it was better served going to more deserving people and families. However, in an important contrast with current human celebrities who are generally bad people, the cat was innocent. RIP.
Oregon Blue Dog
meepcheese16
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:08:49 pm »

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 05:14:30 pm »

I don't even want to know how much money that cat made, but all of it was better served going to more deserving people and families. However, in an important contrast with current human celebrities who are generally bad people, the cat was innocent. RIP.

That's capitalism for you.
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:51 pm »

As an old, I rely on the Atlas Community to keep me apprised of memes like Grumpy Cat. Alas, I hadn't heard of Grumpy Cat until I saw mention of his passing at another site earlier today. So either this is a case of Horrible Atlas or Horrible Cat for failing to get Grumpy Cat on my radar. Since I want to think well of the Forumites, I reluctantly voted HC.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 06:39:43 pm »

As an old, I rely on the Atlas Community to keep me apprised of memes like Grumpy Cat. Alas, I hadn't heard of Grumpy Cat until I saw mention of his passing at another site earlier today. So either this is a case of Horrible Atlas or Horrible Cat for failing to get Grumpy Cat on my radar. Since I want to think well of the Forumites, I reluctantly voted HC.

You may need to have your radar repaired.

We had a whole thread back in 2015 in USGD on Obama comparing the Republicans to Grumpy Cat.
LOL!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-gop-grumpy-cat

President Obama compared the "gloomy" Republican Party to grumpy cat, the dour-faced feline Internet celebrity, on Friday.

Pouting in his best imitation of the cat that spawned a thousand memes, Obama was met with raucous laughter from attendees at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum.

“Overall, we’re making enormous progress,” Obama said. “And it does make you wonder, why is it that Republican politicians are so down on America? Have you noticed that? I mean, they are gloomy. They're like grumpy cat."

“Everything is terrible, according to them,” the President continued. “We’re doomed. I mean, I know it’s political season, but you listen to them and they’ve constructed this entire separate reality, like the twilight zone. And according to their story, their narrative, everything was terrific back in 2008.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTH0V6jtxM4

Plus we had several other mentions of him over the years.  To be fair, we didn't use Grumpy Cat as much as other places on the interwebs.  Who needs Grumpy Cat when you have <insert name of Atlasian you personally like to make fun of>?
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 06:51:18 pm »

You may need to have your radar repaired.

We had a whole thread back in 2015 in USGD on Obama comparing the Republicans to Grumpy Cat.
LOL!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-gop-grumpy-cat

President Obama compared the "gloomy" Republican Party to grumpy cat, the dour-faced feline Internet celebrity, on Friday.

Pouting in his best imitation of the cat that spawned a thousand memes, Obama was met with raucous laughter from attendees at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum.

“Overall, we’re making enormous progress,” Obama said. “And it does make you wonder, why is it that Republican politicians are so down on America? Have you noticed that? I mean, they are gloomy. They're like grumpy cat."

“Everything is terrible, according to them,” the President continued. “We’re doomed. I mean, I know it’s political season, but you listen to them and they’ve constructed this entire separate reality, like the twilight zone. And according to their story, their narrative, everything was terrific back in 2008.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTH0V6jtxM4

Plus we had several other mentions of him over the years.  To be fair, we didn't use Grumpy Cat as much as other places on the interwebs.  Who needs Grumpy Cat when you have <insert name of Atlasian you personally like to make fun of>?

That's the problem with my 1950's era radar. It might be fine for detecting Soviet missiles, but it misses many modern stealth objects, especially when they are hiding in the thick fog of USGD.
Ξ
Hades
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 10:13:40 pm »

Oh, you're not the only one. I don't know if you still know Stefan Raab from your time in Germany. In his late-night show, he regularly competed against a person from the audience in an internal quiz show.
The game master (his sidekick Elton) showed a picture of Grumpy on the screen and the two contestants had guess its name.
Raab began to giggle and didn't know if that was supposed to be a joke. The cat's name didn't occur to his opponent, however, he had already heard of it. When Elton gave them the correct answer, Raab started laughing lustily, still not knowing if he was being hosed. As the opponent then said that he thought they wanted to know the cat's real name and that he didn't know that "Grumpy Cat" was its official showbiz name, Raab was utterly in fits of laughter, his head blushed scarlet and tears were running out of his eyes, immediately calling on the Hidden Camera Show host to come on stage and to disclose the prank. But of course, he didn't come. 😂
DINGO Joe stands on Sanchez
dingojoe
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 12:04:46 am »

I was shocked to find out it was a real cat. 
Tartarus Sauce
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 04:54:27 pm »

She was an internet treasure that will be sorely missed. RIP my partial namesake.
Ishan
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 05:20:18 pm »

politicallefty
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -9.57

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 11:17:06 pm »