Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 10:17:06 am
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (Primary) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Gustaf, The Mikado, Speaker YE)
  RIP Grumpy Cat 😿 (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Opinion of the second-most famous deceased Arizonan?
#1Freedom cat
#2Horrible cat
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: RIP Grumpy Cat 😿  (Read 442 times)
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:51 pm »

As an old, I rely on the Atlas Community to keep me apprised of memes like Grumpy Cat. Alas, I hadn't heard of Grumpy Cat until I saw mention of his passing at another site earlier today. So either this is a case of Horrible Atlas or Horrible Cat for failing to get Grumpy Cat on my radar. Since I want to think well of the Forumites, I reluctantly voted HC.
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:51:18 pm »

As an old, I rely on the Atlas Community to keep me apprised of memes like Grumpy Cat. Alas, I hadn't heard of Grumpy Cat until I saw mention of his passing at another site earlier today. So either this is a case of Horrible Atlas or Horrible Cat for failing to get Grumpy Cat on my radar. Since I want to think well of the Forumites, I reluctantly voted HC.

You may need to have your radar repaired.

We had a whole thread back in 2015 in USGD on Obama comparing the Republicans to Grumpy Cat.
LOL!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-gop-grumpy-cat

President Obama compared the "gloomy" Republican Party to grumpy cat, the dour-faced feline Internet celebrity, on Friday.

Pouting in his best imitation of the cat that spawned a thousand memes, Obama was met with raucous laughter from attendees at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum.

“Overall, we’re making enormous progress,” Obama said. “And it does make you wonder, why is it that Republican politicians are so down on America? Have you noticed that? I mean, they are gloomy. They're like grumpy cat."

“Everything is terrible, according to them,” the President continued. “We’re doomed. I mean, I know it’s political season, but you listen to them and they’ve constructed this entire separate reality, like the twilight zone. And according to their story, their narrative, everything was terrific back in 2008.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTH0V6jtxM4

Plus we had several other mentions of him over the years.  To be fair, we didn't use Grumpy Cat as much as other places on the interwebs.  Who needs Grumpy Cat when you have <insert name of Atlasian you personally like to make fun of>?

That's the problem with my 1950's era radar. It might be fine for detecting Soviet missiles, but it misses many modern stealth objects, especially when they are hiding in the thick fog of USGD.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies