KY-GOV: Who wins Dem primary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:46:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-GOV: Who wins Dem primary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Rocky Adkins

Andy Beshear

Adam Edelen

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: KY-GOV: Who wins Dem primary?  (Read 1499 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »

Beshear, but by a narrower margin than expected. He'll then lose to Bevin by a larger margin than expected.

No.

Beshear wins the primary, he beats Bevin by 2.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Give it a rest already. You know nothing about Kentucky. Stop smugly pretending that you do, it's cringeworthy.

Your logic: "Bevin is deeply reviled by the vast majority of Kentucky voters and has been behind by wide margins to Democrats in every poll, therefore he is DEFINITELY going to win big because he beat a bad candidate in a year with abysmal turnout that favored the GOP (though Beshear won statewide at the same time anyway!), even though the dynamics of the race this year could not be more different, because lol stupid Kentucky hicks or something."

It's just painfully bad reasoning.

Yes, it's POSSIBLE that I'm wrong and Bevin is going to hold on (at least I ADMIT that instead of smugly dismissing everyone who disagrees with me), but all the signs right now are far from in his favor. Literally the only one that is in his favor is the state's presidential partisan lean, but Kentucky state/gubernatorial politics have NEVER had a strong correlation to Kentucky presidential/senatorial politics. Anyone who knows the first thing about the state's politics knows this.

In the midst of a massive GOP wave and in between two landslide losses for Obama in the state, Steve BESHEAR won the Governor's Mansion by a bigger landslide than either of Obama's opponents beat him. If you went solely by partisan lean, that should not have been possible. Ernie Fletcher (the last GOP Kentucky governor and a one-termer) should also have inevitably won re-election because he won the state by 11 points, more than Bevin did! And Bevin is less popular than Fletcher ever was!

Acting like Bevin is inevitable is just plain ignorant. Period.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies