SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 18 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 18 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 18 (Passed)  (Read 2026 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:32:31 AM »

8. The regulation criminalizing the recording of movies at a movie theater on a camera or digital device is hereby eliminated. 17 USC 110 shall be amended accordingly.
I can't imagine the film industry would be happy with this, what is the justification for repealing this?

9. The regulation criminalizing the calling of certain phone numbers to solicit or advertise is hereby eliminated. 15 USC 6151 - 6155 is hereby repealed.
Can't see The People getting on board with this, so now it is open season for telemarketers and robocalls?

22. The regulation prohibiting federal student aid to persons convicted of a drug-related offense is hereby eliminated. 28 USC 1091(r) shall be amended accordingly.
Neutral on this, but this is a pretty significant change so wanted to make sure it is highlighted.

Like the other bill, I'll say that I'm supportive of the rest of this, but reminding Senators to read through each clause carefully before voting.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 04:18:36 PM »

I ask a senator to sponsor an amendment striking clause 9 and renumbering accordingly.

9. The regulation criminalizing the calling of certain phone numbers to solicit or advertise is hereby eliminated. 15 USC 6151 - 6155 is hereby repealed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies