SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 19 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:12:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 19 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 19 (Passed)  (Read 827 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:40:15 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2019, 12:21:20 PM by Lumine »

SENATE BILL

To make our country proud and free!

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 19

1. Nothing in federal law shall be interpreted as limiting the sale or transfer of pre-1978 mobile homes lacking a HUD manufactured housing certificate.
2. The regulation defining old age housing communities not subject to the fair housing act by way of example is hereby eliminated. 24 CFR 100.303(b) shall be repealed.
3. The regulation mandating all lightbulbs sold in interstate commerce contain a label estimating electricity consumption is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 305.3 shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation prohibiting the sale of pool heaters with a thermal efficiency less than 78% shall be decreased to 75%. 42 USC 6295(e)(2)
5. The regulation requiring any rental property that is part of the Section 8 program to be annually inspected shall not include any home subject to and compliant with regular inspections under a local rental inspection ordinance in which a uniform Regional Building code has been adopted. 24 CFR 982.405 and 24 CFR 884.217 shall be amended accordingly.
6. The regulation requiring employers to physically display posters referencing federal minimum wage and hour laws, workplace safety laws, polygraph protection laws, Drug free workplace laws, Discrimination laws, and whistleblower protection laws, shall not apply to employers who:
     a. Distribute all information that is contained on the posters to each employee upon their initial hiring
     b. Maintains a website displaying all information that is contained on the posters
     c. Provides written notice to all employees whenever information contained on the posters is changed by law
7. No person who frees a whale or dolphin tangled or trapped in a fishing net shall be charged with harassing, interfering with or harming a protected marine mammal.
8. Employer policies allowing guns to be stored in locked cars on employee parking lots shall not be interpreted to violate the general duty clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Letter from Director Roger Clark, OSHA policy regarding violent employee behavior, OSHA Std. Interp. 1226 (D.O.L.), (1992) is hereby rescinded.
9. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing mortgage servicing rights as an investment, including but not limited to mortgage servicing rights from other credit unions is hereby eliminated, provided the total assets of mortgage servicing rights held by any federal credit union does not exceed 20% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.16 shall be amended accordingly.
10. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing and holding their own account investment grade securities is hereby eliminated provided that the total assets of such securities held by a federally regulated credit union does not exceed 10% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.14 shall be amended accordingly.
11. The regulation requiring certain insured federally-regulated credit unions to annually set aside an earnings retention fund is hereby eliminated. 12 USC 1790d(e) shall be aneded accordingly.
12. Any State law governing member business loan limitations for credit unions that conflict with a federal law governing federally-regulated credit unions are hereby preempted.
13. The regulation mandating employers give out private employee contact information is hereby eliminated. 29 CFR 102.62(d) shall be amended accordingly.
14. The regulation mandating States and Regions limit billboards on private land adjacent to federal highways or else lose federal highway funding is hereby eliminated. 23 US 131(D) shall be amended accordingly.  
15. The regulation limiting the importation of otherwise lawful handguns with two (2) inch barrels is hereby eliminated. 27 CFR 478.113a and ATF Forms 6A and 4590 shall be amended accordingly.
16. The regulation requiring registration of any shotgun with a barrel shorter than eighteen (18) inches under the NFA shall be narrowed to only include shotguns with barrels shorter than sixteen (16) inches. 18 U.S.C. 921 and 26 U.S.C. 5845(a) shall be amended accordingly.
17. The RICO act shall be amended to decrease the statute of limitations for crimes relied upon in establishing an organizational nexus to seven (7) years.  18 USC 1961 et seq. shall be amended accordingly.
18. The RICO act shall be amended to remove trade secrets violations, prostitution, and common law fraud actions from the definition of racketeering. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.
19. The RICO act shall be amended to remove enterprises lacking a separate economic existence and enterprises that lack a nexus to organized crime from the definition of enterprises. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.
20. The regulation permitting "free-speech zones" and the prohibition of speech in buffer zones near the President, Vice President, or their families is hereby eliminated.  18 USC 1752 shall be amended accordingly.
21. Any Federal Firearms Licenseholder who fills in an ATF Form with "Y" for "Yes" and "N" for "No" shall not be prosecuted for falsifying ATF records provided the offered answer is true. 18 U.S.C. 922(m) shall be amended accordingly.
22. E-Rate Applicants shall be permitted to file physical copies of their application until January 1, 2025.
23. The regulation prohibiting school lunches from containing more that one (1) cup of lima beans, peas, potatoes, or corn kernals per student per week is hereby eliminated.************
24. The regulation prohibiting the hiring of a School Nutrition Program Officer unless they have a college degree is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR 210.30(b)(1)(ii) & (iii) shall be amended accordingly.
25. The regulation prohibiting schools from offering 2% milkfat milk, whole milk, or chocolate milk or else lose School Breakfast and School Lunch programs funding is hereby eliminated.  7 CFR 210.10(c)(g) & 7 CFR 220.8(c)(g) & 7 CFR 215.7a shall be amended accordingly.
26. The regulation imposing arbitrary nutrition standards for snacks in school vending machines or else the school loses School Breakfast and School Lunch programs funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR 210.11(a)(2) and 42 USC 1779 shall be amended accordingly.
27. Nothing in federal law shall be construed or interpreted as requiring Common Core State Educational standards in order to qualify for any federal education funding program, including but not limited race to the top grants.
28. The regulation implying that schools will be sued if neutral discipline policies show a disparate impact is hereby eliminated. The Dear Colleague Letter dated January 8, 2014 is hereby rescinded.
29. The regulation implying that colleges will be sued if they fail to reduce the burden of proof for campus disciplinary hearings below clear and convicing evidence is herebly eliminated. The Dear Colleague Letter dated April 4, 2011 is hereby rescinded.
30. The regulation mandating most college classes take attendance to assist in verifying if federal student loan recipients have dropped out is hereby eliminated.
31. The regulation disqualifying students convicted of drug crimes from most federal student aid programs is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1091(r)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
32. The regulation imposing certain crime reporting requirements on colleges shall not include crimes committed off-campus, including but not limited to privately operated book stores. 34 CFR 668.46 shall be amended accordingly.
33. The regulation imposing certain crime reporting requirements on colleges shall not be required for the crimes of "stalking", "domestic violence", and "dating violence", until such time that the Department of Justice provides a definition of each crime, in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
34. The regulation poorly defining "credit hour" in the context of classes eligible for the student loan program is hereby elimianted. 34 CFR 600.2 shall be amended accordingly.
35. The regulation mandationg colleges compile and publish certain employment data about previously enrolled students or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.401 - 668.415 shall be amended accordingly.
36. The regulation mandating college financial solvency as measured by an arbitrary composite score or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.171 - 176 shall be amended accordingly.
37. The regulation mandating colleges offering online classes receive certification from every single state students enroll from instead of just the state the college is physically located in or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 cfr 600.9 shall be amended accordingly.
38. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a breakdown on the racial breakdown of the student body to each student or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1092(a)(1)(Q) shall be amended accordingly.
39. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a copy of their peer-to-peer file sharing policy along with government propaganda warning of the illegality of certain copyright violations or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.14(b)(30), 34 CFR 668.43(a)(10), 20 USC 1092(a)(1)(P)and 20 USC 1094(a)(29) shall be amended accordingly.
40. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a copy of their vaccination policy disclosure to each student or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated.  20 USC 1092(a)(1)(V) shall be amended accordingly.
41. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a voter registration form to each student or else lose federal funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1094(a)(23) shall be amended accordingly.
42. The regulation prohibiting wagering on sports is hereby eliminated. 28 USC 3701 - 3704 (PAPSA) is hereby repealed.
43. The regulation prohibiting the transfer of funds in connection to online gambling is hereby eliminated. 31 USC 5361 - 5367 (UIGEA)is hereby repealed.
44. The regulation prohibiting the manufacture, transportation, or sale of gambling devices in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 15 usc 1171-1178 (Johnson Act) and 18 USC 1953 (Waging Paraphernalia Act) are hereby repealed.
45. The regulation prohibiting the use of wired communication facility to transmit sports wagering information in interstate commerce to assist in gambling (Wire Act) is hereby eliminated. 50 USC 1081 - 1084 is hereby repealed.
46. The regulation prohibiting the conduct of wagering activity in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 18 U.S.C. 1955 (IGBA) is hereby repealed.
47. The regulation prohibiting the traveling in interstate commerce to transmit sports wagering information is hereby eliminated. 18 USC 1952 (Travel Act) is hereby repealed.
48. Gambling operations operating legally under Regional law shall not be considered unlawful businesses under 18 USC 1960 (Money Transmitters Act) and 18 USC 1961 - 1968 (RICO).
49. Sec. III(c) of the Postal Reform Act shall be amended to clarify that 18 USC 1303 and 39 USC 3005 shall also be amended to reflect the change in law.
50. On January 1, 2021 all federal regulations about gambling on Indian reservations shall be eliminated. 25 USC 2701 - 2721 shall be repealed.

People's Regional Senate
Pending

Sponsor: LouisvilleThunder
Senate Designation: SB18:03

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »

Same as before, the sponsor has 24 hours to commence an advocacy and the members shall have an additional 48 hours in which to response with their initial questions, comments, and concerns.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »

This bill cuts many regulations that limit efficiency in our government and in the daily lives of people.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »

4. The regulation prohibiting the sale of pool heaters with a thermal efficiency less than 78% shall be decreased to 75%. 42 USC 6295(e)(2)
What is the justification of this?

6. The regulation requiring employers to physically display posters referencing federal minimum wage and hour laws, workplace safety laws, polygraph protection laws, Drug free workplace laws, Discrimination laws, and whistleblower protection laws, shall not apply to employers who:
     a. Distribute all information that is contained on the posters to each employee upon their initial hiring
     b. Maintains a website displaying all information that is contained on the posters
     c. Provides written notice to all employees whenever information contained on the posters is changed by law
I don't mind most of this, but I think workplace safety laws should still be required to be physically displayed as a constant reminder to employees. These posters are typically displayed in areas of factories that are at high risk for injury.

23. The regulation prohibiting school lunches from containing more that one (1) cup of lima beans, peas, potatoes, or corn kernals per student per week is hereby eliminated.************
What is the purpose of the **** at the end?

I will say, I read through the rest and don't have any objections at this time. There are some pretty substantial changes in here though, including legalizing sports betting and repeal of several notable education regulations, so I strongly encourage each Senator to read through each clause carefully before casting a vote.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »

What is the justification of this?

I don't mind most of this, but I think workplace safety laws should still be required to be physically displayed as a constant reminder to employees. These posters are typically displayed in areas of factories that are at high risk for injury.

What is the purpose of the **** at the end?

I will say, I read through the rest and don't have any objections at this time. There are some pretty substantial changes in here though, including legalizing sports betting and repeal of several notable education regulations, so I strongly encourage each Senator to read through each clause carefully before casting a vote.

As with the other bill, I intend to do a total markup when I have the time.

#4 is to reduce consumer costs. The cost of added efficiency is not fixed per unit. For example, with many products a 1% increase in efficiency may cost an additional 2% and then an additional 1% increase in efficiency can cost 7% more. Think of it as the rule of low-hanging fruit ... as you consume the easy gains at the bottom it begins to take more and more effort just to match earlier gains the higher you have to search for fruit.

#6 I am looking at this from an exclusively white collar professional background, but in every workplace Ive worked at, those posters were never somewhere where there is an elevated risk for injury (filing cabinets, break rooms, areas no one really goes). As I see it, this is compelled speech, and to avoid free speech concerns I always opt for less restrictive methods. In this case it offends me less to be forced to say something once and then provide physical copies to others than to be forced to permanently forever under pain of law attach the same compelled speech on my own property. That's almost a taking imo. I believe this proposal is better and still provides free notice and access to this stuff without unduly burdening the rights of employers.

# 23: That language appears to be from an earlier draft. The asterrisks meant I still needed to find the citation at the time. The correct language should read: 7 CFR 210.10 shall be amended accordingly.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2019, 04:48:46 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

1. HUD refuses to rate pre 78 mobile homes for safety. That doesnt mean they are always unsafe, Ive seen non-rate trailers that complied with the building code and new ones that dont. But because HUD wont rate the older ones, its almost impossible to even find someone willing to move one. We have a bunch in annexed land on the outskirts of my City and the owners often cant find anyone to transport them away because of the HUD stuff. This clarification is intended to at least facilitate transportation.

2. Is a pet peeve of mine where one random part of the CFR (federal law) is in question answer format and answers a question about exemptions by describing  a very specific situation that likely doesnt apply to 99% of persons asking the question and doesnt really provide any clarity.

3. This is just a feel-good reg that doesnt really accomplish much. I see these mandatory labels on lightbulbs with basically a calorie count for lightbulbs ... I have little context for the values, the labels have no impact on my buying patterns. Its just a regulation for regulations sake to say someone did something.

4. Described above.

5. Another weird thing from work I deal with. Housing provided by Section 8 vouchers is subject to annual inspections. The inspections use a weird formula that calculates a pass/fail score on the severity of damage but does not require all code violations to be corrected if the score is passing. In contrast I oversee a local rental inspection program, where we have designated districts where if you want to rent property you have to let us in to inspect for code violations every 2 or 4 years depending on the condition at the time of the inspection, and we also have the on-going power to require any and all code violations we see to be fixed. Due to federal issues, we don't also inspect Section 8 property, so very often we can have adjacent rental properties with identical code violations, but we only have right of entry to enforce at the non-Section 8 house. By adopting this change localities like mine could have the flexibility to ensure affordable housing is code compliant.

6. Discussed above.

7. If yall are interested I can try to find it, but I recall seeing this regulation in a story once where some man attempted to free a whale caught in a net and was later prosecuted even though it wasnt his net, because he climbed on top of the whale. Seems like we should have this necessity exemption.

8. Clarifies a long-debated issue dealing with the scope of OSHA's purview. I actually wrote a paper in law school that addressed this issue. Basically a regulatory scheme for preventing gross negligence and unsafe equipment at factories, OSHA should not be used to shore horn in a backdoor ban on guns on private property.

Late Edit:

9 adjusts how credit unions calculate debt (as in the right to collect on one and the resulting value) as an asset and sets a cap to be safe. As someone who collects debts, it should most definitely be treated as an asset; the issue is over valuation and discounting as debt collection is not easy. I think this is a good safe change.

10 Allows a credit union to invest deposit funds in itself but caps that at 10% of assets to be safe.

11 unnecessary added expense that does not contribute in any way to the solvency of the credit union or its assets.

12 Preempts Regional laws capping loan balance sheet sizes for credit unions

13 employee information should be private and not handed out willy nilly

14 repeals the constitutionally-suspect Highway Beautification Act which recent Supreme Court free speech cases have cast legal doubt upon.

15 deals with a stupid import rule. It is perfectly legal to own, buy, sell, and carry a handgun with a 2 inch barrel in Atlasia. It is perfectly legal to import handguns. However you cant import an otherwise legal handgun if it has a 2 inch barrel, but you CAN import 2 inch handgun barrels. So basically what people have to do is buy a handgun with a 3 inch barrel and also buy an accessory 2 inch barrel which is an added cost for an unwanted 3 inch barrel. Its clearly not decreasing those types of guns off the street as they are still perfectly legal over here.

16 restores what used to be a standard shotgun barrel size. This change will not affect in any way the existing NFA regulations for shotguns with a barrel less than 16 inches.

17 reforms the RICO Act be shortening the statute of limitations to avoid abuse

18 and 19 removes weak crimes from the RICO list to keep it from being applied to just any old criminal instead of actual mobs

20 protects free speech and protests in traditional public forums

21 This was a real thing. ATF has actually prosecuted FFL dealers for ONLY writing Y and N instead of YES and NO on certain forms. These are FELONY charges. That’s insane and this fixes that stupidity.

22 Slowly phases in mandatory E-filing of E-Rate applications. E-Rate is the federal welfare program that funds internet in local schools. If every applicant filed electronically it would save money.

23 Helps schools find funding without sacrificing nutrition. Its important for local schools to have that added flexibility.

24 removes federal involvement in what should be a local school districts decision

25 Similar to 23, more flexibility in choices of milk for students is advisable.

26 helps open up additional funding for student organizations through vending machine revenue. It should be a local schools issue

27 flexibility in local school curriculum. That should be a Regional issue.

28 flexibility in student discipline. That should be a Regional issue.

29 attempts to restore due process in colleges

30 mandatory attendance taking in an adult setting is burdensome, inflexible and unnecessary.

31 discussed above

32 reduces burdensome reporting requirements for stuff that has nothing to do with colleges

33 stops an unconstitutionally vague law

34 ever since this dumb reg was implemented it has reduced the flexibility non-profit colleges and universities have to design class structures.

35 this dumb reg forces non-profit colleges and universities to compile more burdensome paperwork to try and track down alumni and private information about where they work.

36 this dumb reg financially penalizes schools with smaller endowments. Harvard and Yale should not be held to a better standard just because a lot of rich people stash money there.

37 locks out students from enrolling in online classes unless they happen to live in the same State. As long as a State has accredited the school, I don’t see why we should limit student choice across State lines.

38 race-based lists of people have a horrific history and we should not be promoting it, let alone mandating it at the cost of all federal money.

39 We really don’t need to micromanage colleges on whether or not they talk to their students about torrenting.

40-41 If its posted online, and is otherwise enforced or available upon request, why should we create millions upon millions of paper notices to be physically handed to each student when they will then just immediately throw those notices away.

42 – 50 let the Regions decide on gambling as each region has legalized it
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 03:47:28 PM »

Am I correct in my reading that number six requires all three alternatives to be used or just one of them as a means to avoid having to post the information perpetually?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 04:29:17 AM »

Am I correct in my reading that number six requires all three alternatives to be used or just one of them as a means to avoid having to post the information perpetually?

I intended all 3 to comply.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »

Sorry. I thought I had finished the individual explanations last week. That list is now up.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 01:15:45 AM »

Okay, I appreciate your work in providing us this information.

So my question to the Senators is with the information provided are there any remaining concerns, questions, or amendments coming in relation to those explanations?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 12:24:31 AM »

Okay, I appreciate your work in providing us this information.

So my question to the Senators is with the information provided are there any remaining concerns, questions, or amendments coming in relation to those explanations?

Hello! Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?
Come on now,
You are receding
A distant ship's mark on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I cannot hear what your saying...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 12:20:38 AM »

So I take it final vote then?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 03:00:56 AM »

You missed this one Ontario. Tongue

A final vote is now open on the Dumb Regulations Repeal 19, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 03:02:00 AM »

AYE
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 03:46:26 AM »

Aye!
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30:40 PM »

Aye
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 11:45:32 PM »

Nay
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 11:49:00 PM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 06:46:15 AM »

Apparently a few Senators cant be bothered with minutia like debate to explain their concerns. Well that or you have intimidated them into silence Yankee...

Either way, its a bad look like with the Worker Protection Act vote. Hopefully thus can still pass the Senate either with Comrade Funks vote or the Vice Presidents so that the Laborites in the House can actually discuss what the issue is and offer amendments rather than ratify the dereliction of duty seen here. At least in the House all the Laborite Representatives debate the bills or offer objections before voting no.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2019, 09:30:13 AM by Comrade Funk »

Can I just ask why do we need endless list of repeals that deal with completely unrelated problems? Why can't future deregulation bills be divided so we aren't voting simultaneously on gambling restrictions, firearms, marine life, credit unions, etc, etc? Imagine during the 2008 economic crisis if there was a bill that regulated financial derivatives along with new regulations on guns or hunting or any other nonrelated issue. It becomes a muddled mess.

Abstain
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »

Can I just ask why do we need endless list of repeals that deal with completely unrelated problems? Why can't future deregulation bills be divided so we aren't voting simultaneously on gambling restrictions, firearms, marine life, credit unions, etc, etc? Imagine during the 2008 economic crisis if there was a bill that regulated financial derivatives along with new regulations on guns or hunting or any other nonrelated issue. It becomes a muddled mess.

Abstain

Thank you very much for your abstention.

When we started doing these last year we did much shorter lists and that led to conflict with the other chamber as at one point there were close to 12 pending bills in the passed queue just of dumb reg bills. Sestak had the idea to consolidate the shorter bills into larger bills to save time and space.

In the future I would not be opposed to  capping DRRA 20 and other future iterations at only 20 -25 or so dumb regs at a time like we used to in light of Jimmy's proposal to expand slots for bills already passing through a chamber.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:09 PM »

This vote ends in about twelve hours.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »

Vote on Final Passage of the Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 19

Aye (3): LouisvilleThunder, NC Yankee and Vern1988
Nay (2): Devout Centrist and Ontario Progressive
Abstain (1): Comrade Funk

Not Voting (0):

The bill has passed the Senate and is presented to the Vice President.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 12:26:23 PM »

Quote from: Final Senate Text
SENATE BILL

To make our country proud and free!

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 19

1. Nothing in federal law shall be interpreted as limiting the sale or transfer of pre-1978 mobile homes lacking a HUD manufactured housing certificate.
2. The regulation defining old age housing communities not subject to the fair housing act by way of example is hereby eliminated. 24 CFR 100.303(b) shall be repealed.
3. The regulation mandating all lightbulbs sold in interstate commerce contain a label estimating electricity consumption is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 305.3 shall be amended accordingly.
5. The regulation requiring any rental property that is part of the Section 8 program to be annually inspected shall not include any home subject to and compliant with regular inspections under a local rental inspection ordinance in which a uniform Regional Building code has been adopted. 24 CFR 982.405 and 24 CFR 884.217 shall be amended accordingly.
7. No person who frees a whale or dolphin tangled or trapped in a fishing net shall be charged with harassing, interfering with or harming a protected marine mammal.
8. Employer policies allowing guns to be stored in locked cars on employee parking lots shall not be interpreted to violate the general duty clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Letter from Director Roger Clark, OSHA policy regarding violent employee behavior, OSHA Std. Interp. 1226 (D.O.L.), (1992) is hereby rescinded.
9. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing mortgage servicing rights as an investment, including but not limited to mortgage servicing rights from other credit unions is hereby eliminated, provided the total assets of mortgage servicing rights held by any federal credit union does not exceed 20% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.16 shall be amended accordingly.
10. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing and holding their own account investment grade securities is hereby eliminated provided that the total assets of such securities held by a federally regulated credit union does not exceed 10% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.14 shall be amended accordingly.
11. The regulation requiring certain insured federally-regulated credit unions to annually set aside an earnings retention fund is hereby eliminated. 12 USC 1790d(e) shall be aneded accordingly.
12. Any State law governing member business loan limitations for credit unions that conflict with a federal law governing federally-regulated credit unions are hereby preempted.
13. The regulation mandating employers give out private employee contact information is hereby eliminated. 29 CFR 102.62(d) shall be amended accordingly.
14. The regulation mandating States and Regions limit billboards on private land adjacent to federal highways or else lose federal highway funding is hereby eliminated. 23 US 131(D) shall be amended accordingly.  
15. The regulation limiting the importation of otherwise lawful handguns with two (2) inch barrels is hereby eliminated. 27 CFR 478.113a and ATF Forms 6A and 4590 shall be amended accordingly.
16. The regulation requiring registration of any shotgun with a barrel shorter than eighteen (18) inches under the NFA shall be narrowed to only include shotguns with barrels shorter than sixteen (16) inches. 18 U.S.C. 921 and 26 U.S.C. 5845(a) shall be amended accordingly.
17. The RICO act shall be amended to decrease the statute of limitations for crimes relied upon in establishing an organizational nexus to seven (7) years.  18 USC 1961 et seq. shall be amended accordingly.
18. The RICO act shall be amended to remove trade secrets violations, prostitution, and common law fraud actions from the definition of racketeering. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.
19. The RICO act shall be amended to remove enterprises lacking a separate economic existence and enterprises that lack a nexus to organized crime from the definition of enterprises. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.
20. The regulation permitting "free-speech zones" and the prohibition of speech in buffer zones near the President, Vice President, or their families is hereby eliminated.  18 USC 1752 shall be amended accordingly.
21. Any Federal Firearms Licenseholder who fills in an ATF Form with "Y" for "Yes" and "N" for "No" shall not be prosecuted for falsifying ATF records provided the offered answer is true. 18 U.S.C. 922(m) shall be amended accordingly.
22. E-Rate Applicants shall be permitted to file physical copies of their application until January 1, 2025.
24. The regulation prohibiting the hiring of a School Nutrition Program Officer unless they have a college degree is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR 210.30(b)(1)(ii) & (iii) shall be amended accordingly.
25. The regulation prohibiting schools from offering 2% milkfat milk, whole milk, or chocolate milk or else lose School Breakfast and School Lunch programs funding is hereby eliminated.  7 CFR 210.10(c)(g) & 7 CFR 220.8(c)(g) & 7 CFR 215.7a shall be amended accordingly.
26. The regulation imposing arbitrary nutrition standards for snacks in school vending machines or else the school loses School Breakfast and School Lunch programs funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR 210.11(a)(2) and 42 USC 1779 shall be amended accordingly.
27. Nothing in federal law shall be construed or interpreted as requiring Common Core State Educational standards in order to qualify for any federal education funding program, including but not limited race to the top grants.
28. The regulation implying that schools will be sued if neutral discipline policies show a disparate impact is hereby eliminated. The Dear Colleague Letter dated January 8, 2014 is hereby rescinded.
29. The regulation implying that colleges will be sued if they fail to reduce the burden of proof for campus disciplinary hearings below clear and convicing evidence is herebly eliminated. The Dear Colleague Letter dated April 4, 2011 is hereby rescinded.
30. The regulation mandating most college classes take attendance to assist in verifying if federal student loan recipients have dropped out is hereby eliminated.
31. The regulation disqualifying students convicted of drug crimes from most federal student aid programs is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1091(r)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
32. The regulation imposing certain crime reporting requirements on colleges shall not include crimes committed off-campus, including but not limited to privately operated book stores. 34 CFR 668.46 shall be amended accordingly.
33. The regulation imposing certain crime reporting requirements on colleges shall not be required for the crimes of "stalking", "domestic violence", and "dating violence", until such time that the Department of Justice provides a definition of each crime, in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
34. The regulation poorly defining "credit hour" in the context of classes eligible for the student loan program is hereby elimianted. 34 CFR 600.2 shall be amended accordingly.
35. The regulation mandationg colleges compile and publish certain employment data about previously enrolled students or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.401 - 668.415 shall be amended accordingly.
36. The regulation mandating college financial solvency as measured by an arbitrary composite score or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.171 - 176 shall be amended accordingly.
37. The regulation mandating colleges offering online classes receive certification from every single state students enroll from instead of just the state the college is physically located in or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 cfr 600.9 shall be amended accordingly.
38. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a breakdown on the racial breakdown of the student body to each student or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1092(a)(1)(Q) shall be amended accordingly.
39. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a copy of their peer-to-peer file sharing policy along with government propaganda warning of the illegality of certain copyright violations or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 34 CFR 668.14(b)(30), 34 CFR 668.43(a)(10), 20 USC 1092(a)(1)(P)and 20 USC 1094(a)(29) shall be amended accordingly.
40. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a copy of their vaccination policy disclosure to each student or else lose funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated.  20 USC 1092(a)(1)(V) shall be amended accordingly.
41. The regulation mandating colleges distribute a voter registration form to each student or else lose federal funding eligiblity is hereby eliminated. 20 USC 1094(a)(23) shall be amended accordingly.
42. The regulation prohibiting wagering on sports is hereby eliminated. 28 USC 3701 - 3704 (PAPSA) is hereby repealed.
43. The regulation prohibiting the transfer of funds in connection to online gambling is hereby eliminated. 31 USC 5361 - 5367 (UIGEA)is hereby repealed.
44. The regulation prohibiting the manufacture, transportation, or sale of gambling devices in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 15 usc 1171-1178 (Johnson Act) and 18 USC 1953 (Waging Paraphernalia Act) are hereby repealed.
45. The regulation prohibiting the use of wired communication facility to transmit sports wagering information in interstate commerce to assist in gambling (Wire Act) is hereby eliminated. 50 USC 1081 - 1084 is hereby repealed.
46. The regulation prohibiting the conduct of wagering activity in interstate commerce is hereby eliminated. 18 U.S.C. 1955 (IGBA) is hereby repealed.
47. The regulation prohibiting the traveling in interstate commerce to transmit sports wagering information is hereby eliminated. 18 USC 1952 (Travel Act) is hereby repealed.
48. Gambling operations operating legally under Regional law shall not be considered unlawful businesses under 18 USC 1960 (Money Transmitters Act) and 18 USC 1961 - 1968 (RICO).
49. Sec. III(c) of the Postal Reform Act shall be amended to clarify that 18 USC 1303 and 39 USC 3005 shall also be amended to reflect the change in law.
50. On January 1, 2021 all federal regulations about gambling on Indian reservations shall be eliminated. 25 USC 2701 - 2721 shall be repealed.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-2-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies