Attn Atlasians: Presidential Signature Amendment (RATIFIED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn Atlasians: Presidential Signature Amendment (RATIFIED)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attn Atlasians: Presidential Signature Amendment (RATIFIED)  (Read 383 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2019, 02:11:59 AM »
« edited: June 24, 2019, 03:17:29 AM by Lumine »

The following Constitutional Amendment has been passed by Congress and it must be ratified by at least 2 of the 3 regions as soon as possible.

CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION
To Restore the Presidential Pocket Veto

Be it resolved by 2/3rds in both Houses of Congress Assembled that upon ratification by the regions,

Presidential Signature Amendment

Article 3, Section 5, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution is amended as follows:

3. Every bill, order, or resolution which shall have passed the Senate and the House of Representatives shall, before it becomes law, be submitted to the judgment of the President. If he approve of it he should sign it; but if he disapproves he should return the bill to the house in which it originated with his objections. If, after considering the objections of the President, both houses should by a 2/3 vote agree to pass the same bill, it shall become law regardless of the President's objections. If any bill, order, or resolution shall not be returned by the President within ten days after it has been presented to him, the bill shall become law.

Amendment Explanation
There is currently no requirement or explanation on what happens if a president refuses to sign a bill. This amendment requires action to be taken within ten todays, otherwise the bill becomes law.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0, in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

People's House of Representatives
Passed 8-0-1, in the People's House Assembled,

Joint Passage of Act of Congress

x LuminevonReuental
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »

I thought the vote in the Lincoln region would be this weekend. I went to my usual polling location but nobody was there. Perhpas I did not the right address. I went back home and along the way threw away my ballot.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »

Lincoln and the South didn't open the vote, I deeply apologize for my lapse (not that ir justifies it, but I have been spectacularly busy and will open it at the appropriate time). Thank you, Lumine!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 03:17:15 AM »

Forgot to bump this at the appropiate moment, this Constitutional Amendment was ratified by all three regions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies