Crantford Research-SC: Biden 42, Harris 10, Buttigieg 8, Warren 8, Sanders 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:21:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Crantford Research-SC: Biden 42, Harris 10, Buttigieg 8, Warren 8, Sanders 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Crantford Research-SC: Biden 42, Harris 10, Buttigieg 8, Warren 8, Sanders 7  (Read 1921 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »

Oh yeeeees, UNCLE JOE!!

A fair number for Mayor Pete, while Kamala seems to have trouble gaining traction. If she doesn't will in South Carolina, I don't see a path to the nomination.

Lol at Bernard.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »

Yeah, not a good poll for Sanders, but one poll doesn't mean his demise, especially an online poll.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »

Southern blacks tend to support establishment politicians with ties to the community

I'm well aware of black machine politics.

and Biden is a perfect fit since he was Obama's VP.

No doubt Obama idolatry helps him.

if Biden happened to be Jewish he would be getting just as much support as he is now.

Not a chance. Every mayoral election with a Jewish candidate vs a non-Jewish candidate has seen this anti-Semitic pattern. How can we argue with a straight face that South Carolina is better in this regard?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:45 PM »

Among African-American respondents — who are expected to make up the majority of voters in next year’s primary — 52% named Biden as their top choice, compared to 11 percent for Harris and 5 percent for Booker.

Wow, they love Uncle Joe!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 02:50:05 PM »

Biden will be the nominee.  SC will do it.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »

Yeah, not a good poll for Sanders, but one poll doesn't mean his demise, especially an online poll.

It’s not just one poll, though...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »

Well, South Carolina was never in the game for Bernie. It's not he needs it. He must focus on Iowa and New Hampshire. If he loses both, he's done. If he wins both, he maintains a real chance. If he only wins New Hampshire, he can still get there, but still more likely than not.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 03:05:02 PM »

It's by far the least favorable poll for him in SC.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »

SMH.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »

Kamala Harris seems to not have any appeal to poor people. So silly because she advocates policies that would help them, but they don't care about policy. They care about someone who's "relatable" and "likeable" like JOE BIDEN.   That's why I think Beto could get traction again. I think he's a flake and two faced but the average american voter(particularly younger ones of all races) would relate to him because he's "young" and "hip" and "cool". If Bernie loses IA/NH, Beto may be able to win all of his younger voters. The ones who are flipping from Bernie to Biden are probably old "working-class" whites
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »

Southern blacks tend to support establishment politicians with ties to the community

I'm well aware of black machine politics.

and Biden is a perfect fit since he was Obama's VP.

No doubt Obama idolatry helps him.

if Biden happened to be Jewish he would be getting just as much support as he is now.

Not a chance. Every mayoral election with a Jewish candidate vs a non-Jewish candidate has seen this anti-Semitic pattern. How can we argue with a straight face that South Carolina is better in this regard?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if blacks were more willing to support Jews outside of cities with large Jewish populations, since ethnic politics rivalry is less of an issue.   
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2019, 04:50:41 PM »

I was talking about the fact that he’s only doing as well as in 2016 or in many cases even underperforming his 2016 results in most primary states, not this SC poll.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »

Kamala Harris seems to not have any appeal to poor people. So silly because she advocates policies that would help them, but they don't care about policy. They care about someone who's "relatable" and "likeable" like JOE BIDEN.   That's why I think Beto could get traction again. I think he's a flake and two faced but the average american voter(particularly younger ones of all races) would relate to him because he's "young" and "hip" and "cool". If Bernie loses IA/NH, Beto may be able to win all of his younger voters. The ones who are flipping from Bernie to Biden are probably old "working-class" whites

Ding ding ding! You got it! It turns out that Americans (of both parties, and all different ideologies) care more about myopic superficial aspects of candidates than they do about policy.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:37 PM »

Southern blacks have always been polled as having high anti-Semitic attitudes, so I'm not sure why this is supposed to be surprising.

Please change your name back to My Immortal
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »

Or maybe poor Democrats want a candidate who can win an election and don't care as much about Harris' skills as a culture war issue based fundraiser.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2019, 09:04:15 PM »

Unfortunately, Harris been tied to SF elites, and having Nancy Pelosi as Speaker as well as a female Democrat from SF, as Prez, is too much for Southern Dixiecrats, whom aren't very well receptive of SSM; eventhough, they agree on Harris on most other issues.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »

SC will be to Biden what GA was to Bill in 1992.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 10:28:27 PM »

Southern blacks have always been polled as having high anti-Semitic attitudes, so I'm not sure why this is supposed to be surprising.

Delete your account.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's there. SC won't vote for a Jewish man in a primary.

Yes, black voters are famously devout Catholics too. That's why they strongly prefer a Catholic Irishman to multiple black candidates in addition to a Jewish candidate. Totally the reason, and not just that they like Joe and don't like Bernie!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2019, 01:04:51 AM »

Well, South Carolina was never in the game for Bernie. It's not he needs it. He must focus on Iowa and New Hampshire. If he loses both, he's done. If he wins both, he maintains a real chance. If he only wins New Hampshire, he can still get there, but still more likely than not.

Agree.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2019, 01:09:40 AM »

Or maybe poor Democrats want a candidate who can win an election and don't care as much about Harris' skills as a culture war issue based fundraiser.

Poor voters don’t care about this dumb horserace “who’s more electable” stuff as much as media pundits and Atlas posters do. They like people they’re familiar with and can trust.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:57 AM »

I don't know the pollster, but seems accurate. I admit Kamala Harris has not done as well as I expected. The reason many blacks are backing Biden over her is probably a combination of Obama nostalgia, Biden's perceived "electability" and her sometimes coming off as a "coastal SF elitist".

I doubt Sanders won't get into double digits, but SC is one of the states he can write off anyway.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »

Delete your account.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's there. SC won't vote for a Jewish man in a primary.

Yes, black voters are famously devout Catholics too. That's why they strongly prefer a Catholic Irishman to multiple black candidates in addition to a Jewish candidate. Totally the reason, and not just that they like Joe and don't like Bernie!

I would suspect that Biden is seen as the strongest candidate and the most likely to beat Trump.

A lot of ethnic/racial/gender are being submerged by Democrats, as no one wants to be held responsible for nominating a candidate that is such a disaster that Trump gets re-elected.  Now I don't really believe that Biden is the Democrats' strongest candidate, but I believe that most Democrats think so.

I do believe that the nomination of Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, Sanders, and Hickenlooper would be unmitigated disasters for the Democratic Party; not quite at McGovern levels, but at levels where large numbers of Democrats would find those candidates too tough to take.  Some of the others wouldn't be disastrous, but are somewhat lackluster.  Biden has his vulnerabilities, but he probably looks really good to a Democratic Party that is bound and determined not to lose another election where their candidate gets almost 3 million votes than the Republican and they still lose.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »

Biden wins here because of his connection to Obama. I can't see any liberal Democrat beating him here, especially not Sanders or Warren
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies