.What can we learn from the passage?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:59:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  .What can we learn from the passage?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .What can we learn from the passage?  (Read 138 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

A call came into Jimmy Gilleece's bar this past March. A newly married woman who had pent the afternoon at the dive beach bar in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, couldn’t find her wallet. She didn't care about her ID, credit cards, or $ 150—but her wedding ring was inside it.
Gilleece, 42, the boss of the bar, didn't like the idea that there was a thief at his place. So he set out to find the wallet. He spent hours looking for the footage from 16 different cameras, watching the woman's every step in the bar. Finally, a young man caught his eyes. He picked up something from the place where the woman stood and put it in his pocket.
Gilleece posted the picture on the bar's Facebook and asked if anybody knew who the guy was. Within hours, 17-year-old Rivers Prather came and said he had taken the wallet and told Gilleece he'd done it because he hadn't eaten for two days. He said he saw the ring but thought it was not real? so he took the money, and threw the wallet into the ocean. Then he bought a sandwich.
Prather wasn't getting along with his family and lived in the woods for weeks. Gilleece saw him for what he was: more of a kid than a thief. Gilleece wanted to help him somehow. He found two local divers to search the waters where Prather threw the wallet. After waiting for hours worriedly but luckily, a diver came out from the water with the wallet in his hand, and inside was the ring.
“Most people would give the footage to police, but the boss chose to help me,” Prather told CBS Ness. "I say thank you to him every day. ”
(   )1.What can we learn from the passage?
A. All is well that ends well.
B. Actions speak louder than words.

I choose B, as I don't know the meaning of A.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies