Opinion of Matthew27?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Matthew27?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: Is this apparent white supremacist a...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: Opinion of Matthew27?  (Read 7161 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »

If he should be banned, it should be primarily because of how much of a freaking dumba*s he is for telling people.

Stop the hedging - it's painful to watch when you won't pass either standard

If John Adams can defend the British soldiers from the Boston Massacre, I feel like we should get a pass for defending some anonymous internet wrongthinker's right to free speech. You guys have every right to push for a permaban, just as we have a right to defend the free use of this platform. It's not up to either of us to decide, but you need to stop dismissing the other perspective offhand like this. It's extremely childish.

Comparing onself to John Adams? Talk about a delusion of grandeur.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »

Anyone who posts on StormFront (let alone a five-figure post count) is beyond help.

Posts, or has posted? Asking for a friend.

Doing it once just to be able to brag about having done it doesn't count.

I intended it to count when I wrote my comment. Giving StormFront clicks for the sake of street cred is also very bad.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »

Ridiculous HP. I sort of suspect that his recent posts might be trolling rather than a genuine expression of hate, but when it is this extreme that does very little to mitigate the circumstances.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »

Anyway, despite the accusation, I voted HP.

Not sure why he was dumb enough to think posting about it was a good idea, or why continuing to post about it was going to help him any. The dude clearly has some issues, and it's best he's banned at this point.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »

If he should be banned, it should be primarily because of how much of a freaking dumba*s he is for telling people.

If John Adams can defend the British soldiers from the Boston Massacre, I feel like we should get a pass for defending some anonymous internet wrongthinker's right to free speech. You guys have every right to push for a permaban, just as we have a right to defend the free use of this platform. It's not up to either of us to decide, but you need to stop dismissing the other perspective offhand like this. It's extremely childish.

The point of my post was that the two are incomparable, because one is clearly much more controversial than the other.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2019, 04:41:25 PM »

The point of my post was that the two are incomparable, because one is clearly much more controversial than the other.

Defending a StormFront racist is definitely way, way worse than defending the Boston Massacre soldiers, but I'm not sure that makes your point.

Also bonkers in a different way to use John Adams in an analogy about free speech.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »

Perhaps you just missed it so benefit of the doubt, but the other has miraculously survived controversy surrounding anti-Semitism, followed that up by making completely outrageous statements that are louder than a dog whistle and continues to provide some of the worst analysis because a sample size of one defines his truth.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »

Even if he's just trolling and this is a persona he's putting on, it isn't funny. Huge HP.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »

Even if he's just trolling and this is a persona he's putting on, it isn't funny. Huge HP.

I unfortunately think he was trolling when he claimed to be a left-winger, but is dead serious about his views now. I don't know of any troll who would be dedicated enough to make over 10,000 posts on a white supremacist forum over the span of years just as an act. the only way I could see him being a troll is if he's lying about that Stormfront account being him, but it's been all but confirmed that it is him, since he had his account name from there as his display name on here back in Sept. 2018, as Virginia noted. the only reasonable conclusion is that he's exactly what he appears to be, an individual with thoroughly despicable white supremacist views.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »

Is there something about having a yellow avatar that melts your brain?

You should read what he posted in the 'Political Positions' thread. He really believes he has everything figured out lol.

At the risk of sounding as though I care about your opinion, that's a thread for posting your political beliefs, and so I posted my political beliefs. I don't see why that would come across as any more "having it all figured out" than any other post in those 50+ pages.

What's objectionable about the post in question isn't its form, it's its content.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2019, 07:01:20 PM »

I unfortunately think he was trolling when he claimed to be a left-winger, but is dead serious about his views now. I don't know of any troll who would be dedicated enough to make over 10,000 posts on a white supremacist forum over the span of years just as an act. the only way I could see him being a troll is if he's lying about that Stormfront account being him, but it's been all but confirmed that it is him, since he had his account name from there as his display name on here back in Sept. 2018, as Virginia noted. the only reasonable conclusion is that he's exactly what he appears to be, an individual with thoroughly despicable white supremacist views.

The Stormfront poster in question has been quoted in mainstream news articles stretching back to 2012, so this is someone who was definitely known at the time that Matthew27 pulled that stunt. I don't think him having connected himself to this person in September 2018 necessarily refutes the idea that it is a lie, but ultimately it is an unimportant question. Either way he should be banned.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2019, 07:02:41 PM »

Anyone who posts on StormFront (let alone a five-figure post count) is beyond help.

Very succinctly put.

I have to say that I disagree. My ideological past isn't exactly secret on here. I used to post on Stormfront (although, certainly nowhere near 10,000 posts and only for a brief period of time), so I certainly don't believe that simply because someone posts on Stormfront then they're beyond redemption. There are even former Aryan Nation, KKK, and other assorted White Supremacists who were quite committed to their ideology, including tattoos, rituals, and demonstrations of violence, who've been redeemed.

Whether or not Matthew27 can be is an interesting question and, without knowing him better, is impossible for anyone to truly answer. So, while I'm not in favor of him being immediately banned, I do believe he should be closely monitored and subject to more rigorous scrutiny by the moderators than ordinary posters.

Best post here on the subject.  Complete with a reasonable solution.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »

You should read what he posted in the 'Political Positions' thread. He really believes he has everything figured out lol.

At the risk of sounding as though I care about your opinion, that's a thread for posting your political beliefs, and so I posted my political beliefs. I don't see why that would come across as any more "having it all figured out" than any other post in those 50+ pages.

What's objectionable about the post in question isn't its form, it's its content.

Well, you're free to make that argument, but that's not what was being said.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2019, 07:54:32 PM »

I don't really agree that it's not what was being said. The combination of extreme, idiosyncratic views (to be clear, I don't think having extreme, idiosyncratic views is necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but let's call your views what they are) and open lack of respect for democracy strikes me as pontificating and arrogant. I'd even go so far as to say that it's an inherently authoritarian approach to politics, even if it's in the service of libertarian policy preferences.

In any case, you're not the subject of this thread and attacks on you or defenses of you don't contribute to the discussion of what's to be done about matthew27, so let's leave it here if you don't mind.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2019, 10:45:26 PM »

Wait there's a literal white supremacist on Atlas? Wtf
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2019, 11:07:56 PM »

It makes you wonder how many other posters we have who share the same views but are more secretive about them.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2019, 02:07:27 AM »

I don't really agree that it's not what was being said. The combination of extreme, idiosyncratic views (to be clear, I don't think having extreme, idiosyncratic views is necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but let's call your views what they are) and open lack of respect for democracy strikes me as pontificating and arrogant. I'd even go so far as to say that it's an inherently authoritarian approach to politics, even if it's in the service of libertarian policy preferences.

In any case, you're not the subject of this thread and attacks on you or defenses of you don't contribute to the discussion of what's to be done about matthew27, so let's leave it here if you don't mind.

I like you.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2019, 09:20:59 PM »

It makes you wonder how many other posters we have who share the same views but are more secretive about them.

Most of the Atlas Experience makes me wonder how may posters we have here who secretly hate America, want it to fail, and work for it to fail because their real allegiance is to the enemies of America.

I can wonder about secret agendas as well as you can.  The people here who hate America are smart enough to overtly deny it, but they give up the ghost with their posts.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2019, 10:27:54 PM »

Most of the Atlas Experience makes me wonder how may posters we have here who secretly hate America, want it to fail, and work for it to fail because their real allegiance is to the enemies of America.

I can wonder about secret agendas as well as you can.  The people here who hate America are smart enough to overtly deny it, but they give up the ghost with their posts.

Shut up.

Putting white supremacy and whatever dumb sh**t you think constitutes as "hating America" on the same moral plane is vile even for you.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2019, 11:22:24 PM »

I can wonder about secret agendas as well as you can.  The people here who hate America are smart enough to overtly deny it, but they give up the ghost with their posts.

Shut up.

Putting white supremacy and whatever dumb sh**t you think constitutes as "hating America" on the same moral plane is vile even for you.

Muh very fine people on both sides
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2019, 01:14:05 AM »

Shut up.

Womp womp.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2019, 02:01:52 AM »

People need to realize that whites aren't the bad guys and shouldn't feel ashame of who we're.
We ended slavery
we developed human rights for all
we have helped billions of people

There's nothing to be ashamed of and I hope whites wake up realizing this one day.

I am sick of the hatred white people face in our colleges and media. It needs to stop! Ban me but do think about some things as you're doing so.

and People need to realize that whites aren't the bad guys and shouldn't feel ashame of who we're.
We ended slavery

There's nothing to be ashamed of and I hope whites wake up realizing this one day.

I am sick of the hatred white people face in our colleges and media. It needs to stop! Ban me but do think about some things as you're doing so.

0/10
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »

People need to realize that whites aren't the bad guys and shouldn't feel ashame of who we're.
We ended slavery

and People need to realize that whites aren't the bad guys and shouldn't feel ashame of who we're.
We ended slavery

0/10

It's not like he was just a troll lol. It's been confirmed that he has nearly 10K posts on Stormfront and he's been profiled and mentioned by several media outlets in articles related to white nationalism.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2019, 02:14:08 AM »

Definitely a mega HP.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2019, 02:24:15 AM »

It's not like he was just a troll lol. It's been confirmed that he has nearly 10K posts on Stormfront and he's been profiled and mentioned by several media outlets in articles related to white nationalism.

Yikes, how did you find out? I’m really not familiar with all the details in this case, I was only going by his posting history on this forum (which to me indicates that he’s at the very least a bad troll).

Anyway, like I said in another thread, he should be banned irrespective of whether he’s just a trash-tier troll or a genuine white supremacist. I rarely endorse bans, but this is an open-and-shut case in my eyes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies