Opinion of Matthew27? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Matthew27? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this apparent white supremacist a...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: Opinion of Matthew27?  (Read 7372 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: May 22, 2019, 07:54:55 PM »

Wow, I just had a website (his blog?) blocked by my workplace for the first time ever with the reason (Racism/Hate). Truly terrifying parts of the Interwebs.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »

It's not even necessarily the posts on Stormfront - it goes much further than that. It's that this is a leader in the American white nationalist movement, two steps from being Richard Spencer, with profiles on him from multiple major media outlets and that he pals around with very violent people who are in-and-out of prison. This only has the potential to be bad for David Leip.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »

If he should be banned, it should be primarily because of how much of a freaking dumba*s he is for telling people.

Stop the hedging - it's painful to watch when you won't pass either standard
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »

If he should be banned, it should be primarily because of how much of a freaking dumba*s he is for telling people.

If John Adams can defend the British soldiers from the Boston Massacre, I feel like we should get a pass for defending some anonymous internet wrongthinker's right to free speech. You guys have every right to push for a permaban, just as we have a right to defend the free use of this platform. It's not up to either of us to decide, but you need to stop dismissing the other perspective offhand like this. It's extremely childish.

You seem to have a lot of trouble interpreting my posts for someone who I would like to think is (probably?) in the smarter half of this forum. My post very clearly indicates that I consider the poster in the same class as the one who ought to be banned - not hating on him for opposing a ban (which he doesn't). When the poster tried to change the narrative in rationalizing support for a ban using "intelligence" rather than "white supremacy" ("ideas") as a reason for a ban, I warned that neither standard would prevent them from coming for him. (More a joke than actual support for another ban fight)

This is not a DEFENSE OF FREE SPEECH issue (nor is it an "anonymous internet person" but that's beside the point). In fact, my post takes no issue with a wrongthinker posting here, and I encourage those poorly thought out ideas to keep being posted behind my post blocker so I can avoid most of them. I don't really support free speech on this forum, but so long as they don't lead to an infestation of repugnant subhumans or an added news media focus and so long as I have space on my block list, I'm not really interested in a debate over free speech.

You had this same problem yesterday when you seemed to think I was authentically writing in support of genocide as a form of population control rather than critiquing population control as a benefit/reason for pursuing a policy and attacked me for supporting immigration(!)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »

If John Adams can defend the British soldiers from the Boston Massacre, I feel like we should get a pass for defending some anonymous internet wrongthinker's right to free speech. You guys have every right to push for a permaban, just as we have a right to defend the free use of this platform. It's not up to either of us to decide, but you need to stop dismissing the other perspective offhand like this. It's extremely childish.

Comparing onself to John Adams? Talk about a delusion of grandeur.

The point of my post was that the two are incomparable, because one is clearly much more controversial than the other.

Perhaps you just missed it so benefit of the doubt, but the other has miraculously survived controversy surrounding anti-Semitism, followed that up by making completely outrageous statements that are louder than a dog whistle and continues to provide some of the worst analysis because a sample size of one defines his truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies