Opinion of Matthew27? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:19:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Matthew27? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this apparent white supremacist a...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: Opinion of Matthew27?  (Read 7411 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 22, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »

Strong new contender for the worst human being on the forum. Should be memed and trolled into ragequitting Calthrina-style if we can't just ban him.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »

That he's a Stormfronter (assuming this is true) means I'll not endorse him for anything or invite him to social events (if I knew who he was).

I must say that I have a tough time understanding how he's violated the ToS.  His real viewpoints may be repulsive, but has he violated the ToS? 

I would think (and hope) that his blatantly racist comments would be a violation of the terms of service, but as I said earlier, I'm not super familiar with them.

Unfortunately the mods deleted even the screenshots of them , which could be used as evidence why he should be banned

Seriously?! Geez.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:57:35 PM »

The offensive posts are still archived in the reported posts section and everyone who took screenshots still has them if they are needed. Insofar as any of this is needed for moderation decisions, it's available to us.

This is good to know.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »

Is there something about having a yellow avatar that melts your brain?

You should read what he posted in the 'Political Positions' thread. He really believes he has everything figured out lol.

At the risk of sounding as though I care about your opinion, that's a thread for posting your political beliefs, and so I posted my political beliefs. I don't see why that would come across as any more "having it all figured out" than any other post in those 50+ pages.

What's objectionable about the post in question isn't its form, it's its content.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 07:54:32 PM »

Is there something about having a yellow avatar that melts your brain?

You should read what he posted in the 'Political Positions' thread. He really believes he has everything figured out lol.

At the risk of sounding as though I care about your opinion, that's a thread for posting your political beliefs, and so I posted my political beliefs. I don't see why that would come across as any more "having it all figured out" than any other post in those 50+ pages.

What's objectionable about the post in question isn't its form, it's its content.

Well, you're free to make that argument, but that's not what was being said.

I don't really agree that it's not what was being said. The combination of extreme, idiosyncratic views (to be clear, I don't think having extreme, idiosyncratic views is necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but let's call your views what they are) and open lack of respect for democracy strikes me as pontificating and arrogant. I'd even go so far as to say that it's an inherently authoritarian approach to politics, even if it's in the service of libertarian policy preferences.

In any case, you're not the subject of this thread and attacks on you or defenses of you don't contribute to the discussion of what's to be done about matthew27, so let's leave it here if you don't mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies