Trump tweets doctored video of Speaker Pelosi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:02:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump tweets doctored video of Speaker Pelosi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump tweets doctored video of Speaker Pelosi  (Read 847 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »

Disgusting. Even Faux has pushed back-

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fake-pelosi-videos-trump-doctored
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »

As far as Trump, his policies, and his behavior go, this isn't particularly bad or worth talking about. I'd rather focus on the fact that he's f**king over the poor and working class and apparently trying to start Iraq 3.0 in Iran. I think liberals often spend too much time attacking Trump as a person and not enough time attacking his disastrous and vile policies.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:05:11 PM »

As far as Trump, his policies, and his behavior go, this isn't particularly bad or worth talking about. I'd rather focus on the fact that he's f**king over the poor and working class and apparently trying to start Iraq 3.0 in Iran. I think liberals often spend too much time attacking Trump as a person and not enough time attacking his disastrous and vile policies.

You're not wrong (except on the part when you say it's not particularly bad. We have slander and libel laws for a reason). But we shouldn't be tolerating this sort of behavior. Actions like this only pump more adrenaline into the Deplorable base.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 11:09:21 PM »

The President of the United States tweeting out fake videos of the Speaker of the House is a problem. Who he is as a person directly relates to how governs and crafts policy.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »

When they go low, we grab a shovel and dig a hole to Jhina.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 12:22:43 AM »

I’m starting to think perhaps this Donald Trump fellow might be a bit of an unpleasant type of person.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »

And yet trump portrayed himself earlier at that White House event, saying that he and his administration conduct themselves in a calm and professional state of mind.

PS: I couldn't find the trump Tweet spreading this video. Are you sure it's out there? Someone post it, if you can.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 04:01:37 AM »

Falsified stories in video or print are a bane of all but the most blatant liars in journalism (let us say, North Korean Central News Agency today, or Pravda or Voelkisches Beobachter in their worst moments... as in "Poland attacks Germany and Germany is beginning a counter-offensive")

Say what you want about FoX News, but bad as it is it takes itself deadly-seriously.   
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »

The video Trump posted is edited to highlight her worst moments but it's not the doctored version that was slowed down.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2019, 08:12:46 AM by Koharu »

And yet trump portrayed himself earlier at that White House event, saying that he and his administration conduct themselves in a calm and professional state of mind.

PS: I couldn't find the trump Tweet spreading this video. Are you sure it's out there? Someone post it, if you can.

Anyway. This is disgusting and a good representation of the kind of manipulation used to mess with the 2016 election. Votes weren't directly changed, but people who may have been on the fence about who to vote for were deliberately misled with false stories and manipulated information. This is a real danger to democracy and the fact that the President is partaking in it is hugely problematic.

Here's a link to the actual press conference: https://youtu.be/kf1kP4Fg87o?t=2850

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:14 AM »

When you have nothing, you make something up.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 08:33:46 AM »

Anyway. This is disgusting and a good representation of the kind of manipulation used to mess with the 2016 election. Votes weren't directly changed, but people who may have been on the fence about who to vote for were deliberately misled with false stories and manipulated information. This is a real danger to democracy and the fact that the President is partaking in it is hugely problematic.

Here's a link to the actual press conference: https://youtu.be/kf1kP4Fg87o?t=2850

Trump tweeted the Fox Business compilation of Pelosi's "stammers" during her speech, not the "Doctored Video" everyone's talking about.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 08:36:35 AM »

Trump tweeted the Fox Business compilation of Pelosi's "stammers" during her speech, not the "Doctored Video" everyone's talking about.

If that was the case, this wouldn't have been an issue.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »

If that was the case, this wouldn't have been an issue.

It is the case.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »

The President of the United States tweeting out fake videos of the Speaker of the House is a problem. Who he is as a person directly relates to how governs and crafts policy.

I mean, the entire GOP governs and crafts policy this way, even the ones who are "nice".
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »

When you have nothing, you make something up.

Republican advertising 101.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »

I would find this reprehensible if the "collusion" narrative wasn't such nonsense.  

Trump is wrong for doing this, and it is a beneath a President to do such a thing, but the fact that it happened is a degree of Poetic Justice.  Trump is in the sewer on this one, but he's hardly alone.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 06:17:43 PM »

I would find this reprehensible if the "collusion" narrative wasn't such nonsense.  

Trump is wrong for doing this, and it is a beneath a President to do such a thing, but the fact that it happened is a degree of Poetic Justice.  Trump is in the sewer on this one, but he's hardly alone.
Fuzzy you’ve been told and shown the passages from Mueller report stating the fact Trump knew in advance and encouraged the Russian hacking to his benefit on this site countless times. At this point you’re just choosing to create your own narrative the facts be damned
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2019, 03:08:56 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Trump is wrong for doing this, and it is a beneath a President to do such a thing, but the fact that it happened is a degree of Poetic Justice.  Trump is in the sewer on this one, but he's hardly alone.

Fuzzy you’ve been told and shown the passages from Mueller report stating the fact Trump knew in advance and encouraged the Russian hacking to his benefit on this site countless times. At this point you’re just choosing to create your own narrative the facts be damned

Facts are stubborn things.
(And most especially to someone like Fuzzy.)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 05:32:08 PM »

Trump is the meme president; he tweets memes. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies