Would you marry somebody of a different race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:26:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you marry somebody of a different race?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Would you marry somebody of a different race?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Would you marry somebody of a different race?  (Read 16879 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »

That's not racism. It's not like he's insulting them, he's just saying he's not attracted to them, and there's nothing wrong with saying that.

Please keep your borderline KKK rally appropriate comments to yourself, you close minded pig.

Forget your ritalin?

Uh...I thought it was pretty clear that I was joking here but nevermind, I guess.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

Absolutely not.  I will not marry outside of my own race and culture.  Give me a blue-eyed black-haired white woman any day.

What if you fell in love with someone outside your own race? What then?
HAHAHA.  Thats not going to happen.  Its like saying what if you fall in love with a man?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2005, 02:36:01 PM »

Absolutely not.  I will not marry outside of my own race and culture.  Give me a blue-eyed black-haired white woman any day.

Out of interest, is this spurred by a belief that your own race is superior to any other, or simply because you don't tend to find them very attractive?
I don't find them attractive.  There is no "superior" race.  While certain races may have better abilities in others, it all balances out in the big picture.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2005, 05:43:59 PM »

How would race be defined.  Asian or Latina- yes.  African American- no.  Wouldn't mind my kids if they did though.

Why the double standard?

Double standard?  Not attracted to black women.

Woof.  Woof Woof Woof Woof!  Woof!

</Remembers the running gag on family guy.>

Personally, I don't think it'd be a problem.  But I don't think it's right to judge a person based on their gut feeling.  He didn't make any claims of inferiority, and it's possible his feeling could change based on experience (One of the good things about desegragation is that people of different races got a chance to know each other, rather than just know of each other.  At least somewhat).

I have certain tastes in women - for example excessive tatoos or piercings are a turn-off for me, but that's just a preference based on who I am, not an absolute.  I admit I have been influence somewhat by cultural norms, but here in SoCal there's a pretty consistent blend from peach (aka white) through various shades of tan, brown, and black.  I can only imagine that it is quite different in other parts of the country where there is less diversity and a more stark contrast.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2005, 05:54:48 PM »

Out of interest, is this spurred by a belief that your own race is superior to any other, or simply because you don't tend to find them very attractive?
I don't find them attractive.  There is no "superior" race.  While certain races may have better abilities in others, it all balances out in the big picture.

You didn't seem to mind that big black buck you were telling us about a couple of months ago.. 
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2005, 07:42:37 PM »

You didn't seem to mind that big black buck you were telling us about a couple of months ago.. 
Marriage is quite different from simply having fun.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2005, 08:26:17 PM »

How would race be defined.  Asian or Latina- yes.  African American- no.  Wouldn't mind my kids if they did though.

Why the double standard?

Double standard?  Not attracted to black women.

Woof.  Woof Woof Woof Woof!  Woof!

</Remembers the running gag on family guy.>

Personally, I don't think it'd be a problem.  But I don't think it's right to judge a person based on their gut feeling.  He didn't make any claims of inferiority, and it's possible his feeling could change based on experience (One of the good things about desegragation is that people of different races got a chance to know each other, rather than just know of each other.  At least somewhat).

I have certain tastes in women - for example excessive tatoos or piercings are a turn-off for me, but that's just a preference based on who I am, not an absolute.  I admit I have been influence somewhat by cultural norms, but here in SoCal there's a pretty consistent blend from peach (aka white) through various shades of tan, brown, and black.  I can only imagine that it is quite different in other parts of the country where there is less diversity and a more stark contrast.

I know KKKeystone Phil was joking am I.  Sexual/dating preference with regards to race has nothing to do with racism, it's just what I like and don't.  Hell, I know black men that only date white women. 
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »

I thought you said you were gay?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2005, 07:13:10 AM »

Why ever not?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »

Yes, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2005, 05:42:25 PM »

John Ford, I believe the proper term is 'a gay', used as a noun, not an adjective.

We REALLY need to buy opebo a dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gay
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2005, 08:33:07 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2005, 08:35:50 PM by Alcon »

John Ford, I believe the proper term is 'a gay', used as a noun, not an adjective.

Richius is a proper noun, and adjectives like gay can be used to describe him.  I wouldn't describe Michael Jordan as "a tall".
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2005, 08:44:16 PM »

I dislike the term 'a gay.' Gay is a verb, the correct noun is homosexual- its how I call myself. I am gay, but I am not 'a gay.' I am a homosexual.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2005, 09:53:13 PM »

He's bi.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2005, 10:54:23 PM »

Richius is a proper noun, and adjectives like gay can be used to describe him.  I wouldn't describe Michael Jordan as "a tall".

No, but opebo would. (remember "a religious"?)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 06:14:13 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 06:16:28 PM by Frodo »

Most definitely, considering I am myself of mixed race, being half-white and half-Asian.  As long as she is vivacious (to offset my taciturn personality) and curvaceous with at least a C-cup, I don't care what race or mix of races she belongs to.  

Though I do have a slight bias toward black women, I have to admit....   
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 06:47:53 PM by Modern-Day McCarthy »

Most definitely, considering I am myself of mixed race, being half-white and half-Asian.  As long as she is vivacious (to offset my taciturn personality) and curvaceous with at least a C-cup, I don't care what race or mix of races she belongs to. 

Though I do have a slight bias toward black women, I have to admit....   

Bump much?

I wouldn't, simply because I don't really find people of other races attractive. I just don't.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »

I have before and would again.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »

No, because I wouldn't marry in first place.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »

There are some grounds on which I consciously discriminate when it comes to identifying folks who are serious marriage material but race is not one of them. On the other hand, I cannot imagine any gal in her right mind wanting to marry me so I suppose it does not particularly matter. xD
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »

The relationship I'm in right now is "mixed-race" by the retarded American definition, so sure.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

Voted yes because I don't take race into account, but otherwise

No, because I wouldn't marry in first place.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »

I voted wrong before I thought about it.  I voted no, but then I just realized I totally would marry a Kenyan woman if the opportunity presents itself.  My vote should be a yes.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well if you read through this thread you'll find yourself in fine company with a gay South African who also happens to be a dedicated racist. 

Well it's not a conscious decision and not anything I can change, so what do you expect me to do?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 06:56:54 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 06:58:49 PM by Frodo »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well if you read through this thread you'll find yourself in fine company with a gay South African who also happens to be a dedicated racist.  

Well it's not a conscious decision and not anything I can change, so what do you expect me to do?

I realized that in retrospect after I made the post -that's why I deleted it.  I am just going to assume (until told otherwise) that you will not marry women of a different race simply because you aren't attracted to them -not because you find white women inherently superior to them.    
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies