Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?  (Read 5509 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »

I wouldn't want my 16-year-old to have sex and I would make this clear to them, but I wouldn't punish them for doing it, assuming it wasn't in the course of some other misdeed like getting hammered or staying out till 3 am on a school night.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »

Good parents would make their children wait until they are 24-28 years old before having sex at all.

Best post you ever made.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »

Good parents would make their children wait until they are 24-28 years old before having sex at all.

Best post you ever made.

And make sure you tell them to shoot one off before they go out with a woman lol
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »

Best post you ever made.

And make sure you tell them to shoot one off before they go out with a woman lol

At that point Solid's son would ejaculate every time he even sees a female within 100 feet of himself.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »

Atlas users acting like their hypothetical children will be any more successful than they were.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 07:54:57 PM »

No child of mine will have sex in high school.

Gotta follow in papa's footsteps.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »

I will pray that my daughter/s never do and would be secretly proud of my son/s if he does. Double standard? You betcha.

In reality, I will strongly advise that they wait until marriage, and even more strongly demand that if they do have sex they are safe about it.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

What are you going to do, spank them? That seems all sorts of wrong.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »

new Atlas motto
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 06:00:36 AM »

Are we ever going to get the story from the OP that spawned this thread?  Your "my mom sucks, here's how" series of threads is one of the best here.  Certainly better than that one guy's series of polls asking "which is better? good thing or bad thing".
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »

Are we ever going to get the story from the OP that spawned this thread?  Your "my mom sucks, here's how" series of threads is one of the best here.  Certainly better than that one guy's series of polls asking "which is better? good thing or bad thing".
My mom forbade me from talking to girls when I was ~8-18 years old.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »

oh yeah, I think you mentioned that in one of the early threads.  That's crazy, of course.  How did she pull it off?  Were there not girls at school or in the neighborhood?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2019, 09:27:26 AM by darklordoftech »

Are we ever going to get the story from the OP that spawned this thread?  Your "my mom sucks, here's how" series of threads is one of the best here.  Certainly better than that one guy's series of polls asking "which is better? good thing or bad thing".
oh yeah, I think you mentioned that in one of the early threads.  That's crazy, of course.  How did she pull it off?  Were there not girls at school or in the neighborhood?
My mom also forbade me from leaving the house without her supervision.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2019, 09:27:50 AM »

Atlas users acting like their hypothetical children will be any more successful than they were.

You don't think your kid will pull, Cath?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »

Absolutely not. As long as they live under my roof, no. After they leave the nest, what they do is their business, but I’ll still voice my disappointment/concern if they’re doing it before marriage.

lol please never have children

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have  and so where the parents of almost all my friends.

Guess what I had the best, nicest and most loving parents you could ever have , and every one of my friends thinks the same about their parents as well.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »

Absolutely not. As long as they live under my roof, no. After they leave the nest, what they do is their business, but I’ll still voice my disappointment/concern if they’re doing it before marriage.

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have

unimaginable self burn
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2019, 11:00:48 AM »

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have

unimaginable self burn

The exact opposite,

My mom and dad are one of the most nicest , loving parents you can have and the fact is when I have kids I will follow in the example of my parents as well .
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »

You'd have to allow that. You'd have to allow his parents to have sex with him, too, just because you don't want to live any more in a world where, say, a 17-year-old could be raped and beaten by someone at gunpoint by somebody 14 or 15 who knows his friends." At issue here is a central tenet of the conservative movement's approach to sex: that it should be reserved for men only. This, conservatives argue, undermines freedom and justice.

While it was clear from the beginning that conservatives were not for gay marriage, I am proud to be a conservative today in that respect. And as for being against civil unions, let me add for my own part, I'm against gay marriage, too – but we should also be for civil unions and same-sex marriage and single parenthood. At my school, we celebrated birthdays on December 21 as gay friends did in our days. My father died on Friday.

I also agree with Hillary Clinton that Americans are struggling over their health care and will continue to struggle over that. And while I agree that we should be focusing more on affordable health care at home, I am deeply concerned about the way in which Republicans oppose, and have tried to delay, reforms to make their health care system more sustainable and more accessible to those that need it most."

In a statement, Clinton called out Trump's attacks on the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid, saying that "while I agree with Donald Trump that people are suffering from Obamacare's 'insufficient coverage,' I am much more concerned that we have the Republican Congress blocking steps to provide relief to America's most vulnerable – including millions of veterans, the disabled, and low-income families."

"To be clear, I understand Sen. Sanders's concerns about our ability to provide insurance across state lines but I disagree that we should refuse to expand health insurance coverage for those that need it the most," Clinton added.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 02:49:40 PM »

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have  and so where the parents of almost all my friends.

Guess what I had the best, nicest and most loving parents you could ever have , and every one of my friends thinks the same about their parents as well.

How do you actually enforce such a rule? Assuming your parents would even be able to discover that you did such a thing in the first place, what would they do about it?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2019, 03:59:59 PM by Old School Republican »

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have  and so where the parents of almost all my friends.

How do you actually enforce such a rule? Assuming your parents would even be able to discover that you did such a thing in the first place, what would they do about it?

Grounding for months and not letting you go out alone till your 18 . That’s how parents can enforce such a rule .

It was never a problem for my parents though , since I have the same beliefs on this issue as them and always have . They didn’t even have to tell me that rule , since I again have the same belief in this as them , it was more in a conversation of how parents can stop their kids from having sex or really any types of extremely  inappropriate behavior

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 04:24:45 PM »

None of my business.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2019, 04:31:42 PM »

Um what ,

My parents have  the same exact rule Yellowhammer says he would have  and so where the parents of almost all my friends.

Grounding for months and not letting you go out alone till your 18 . That’s how parents can enforce such a rule .

It was never a problem for my parents though , since I have the same beliefs on this issue as them and always have . They didn’t even have to tell me that rule , since I again have the same belief in this as them , it was more in a conversation of how parents can stop their kids from having sex or really any types of extremely  inappropriate behavior

I think all three of you knew it wasn't a risk.
kyc0705

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »

“Allow”? Do you understand how 16-year olds function?

It's an absurdly worded question, isn't it? Teenagers will have sex, whether you want them to or not (well, unless they're Atlas users, in which case you don't have to worry). The best that a parent, as well as the education system, can do, is make sure that their child understands safe sex and consent. If they would rather that they wait until they're older or until marriage, they can of course say so, but that obviously can't be the extent of it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 11:21:52 PM »

If they're anything like their fathers (the guys here on Atlas), I doubt this will even be an issue at that age.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 07:58:08 AM »

Um what ,

So make their lives hell for doing something that teenagers naturally do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies