Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 01:22:40 am
News: 2020 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Fuzzy Bear (R) vs Joe Republic (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fuzzy Bear (R) vs Joe Republic (D)  (Read 1276 times)
Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:02:35 pm »

A battle fo two Atlas rivals:

Fuzzy Bear's economic populism plays well in the Rust Belt and flips the state of MN to him. Suburbanites in NC and GA are turned off by Fuzzy's social conservatism, as well as in AZ, but he is saved there by the retiree vote. Joe Republic carries NH and ME as Fuzzy's Bible-thumping is poorly received there.
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.10

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:07:01 pm »

I think Fuzzy would also win GA and NC
Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 04:02:43 pm »

Yeah, if anything I think AZ would vote for Joe before GA.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 12:27:15 pm »

I'd vote for the one who isn't a "both sides" dunce.
SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 12:37:27 pm »

fuzzy, duh.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 11:34:20 pm »

I agree that Fuzzy would win.  My proposals to fix our problems by implementing the same solutions that have worked in other countries would get shouted down as globalist un-American trash... in favor of a kindly old fart continually waxing lyrical about our flawless nation of god-fearing patriots, who merely want to fight back against the invading horde of swarthy immigrants, gays, communists, and raped middle-schoolers trying to get an abortion.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 05:37:53 pm »

I agree that Fuzzy would win.  My proposals to fix our problems by implementing the same solutions that have worked in other countries would get shouted down as globalist un-American trash... in favor of a kindly old fart continually waxing lyrical about our flawless nation of god-fearing patriots, who merely want to fight back against the invading horde of swarthy immigrants, gays, communists, and raped middle-schoolers trying to get an abortion.
11 is 5th or 6th grade so weíre talking the neighborhood elementary school.

And Joe would win MN easily.  MN republicans arenít economically populist.  And the culturally conservative DFLers wouldnít want someone as religious as Fuzzy in office...neither would the Twin Cities business type Republicans.  Itíd probably be Obama 2012 margins for Joe.
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 12:59:44 am »

I agree that Fuzzy would win.  My proposals to fix our problems by implementing the same solutions that have worked in other countries would get shouted down as globalist un-American trash... in favor of a kindly old fart continually waxing lyrical about our flawless nation of god-fearing patriots, who merely want to fight back against the invading horde of swarthy immigrants, gays, communists, and raped middle-schoolers trying to get an abortion.

Nah. He might pull some electoral college BS Victory, but you'd probably pull it off.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 04:43:02 pm »

A battle fo two Atlas rivals:

Fuzzy Bear's economic populism plays well in the Rust Belt and flips the state of MN to him. Suburbanites in NC and GA are turned off by Fuzzy's social conservatism, as well as in AZ, but he is saved there by the retiree vote. Joe Republic carries NH and ME as Fuzzy's Bible-thumping is poorly received there.

I think I'd win GA and NC.

WI, MI, and PA would be more challenging.  I'm more socially conservative than the 2016 Trump, who might not have carried those 3 states if he had emphasized those issues to the degree I might.
bagelman
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 08:16:07 pm »

Here's how Joe could win:

Joe runs up the margins in SE PA to counter Erie and SW. If Joe defends MI and MN, he can pick up AZ and win.

The electoral college is tied should Fuzzy hold AZ. Fuzzy wins if he can hold onto PA, the critical state. ME and NH are not in contention.
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 01:34:46 am »

Joe runs up the margins in SE PA to counter Erie and SW. If Joe defends MI and MN, he can pick up AZ and win.

The electoral college is tied should Fuzzy hold AZ. Fuzzy wins if he can hold onto PA, the critical state. ME and NH are not in contention.

Joe would win Wisconsin.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 07:21:52 pm »

It would be tough.

The debates would be "Must-See TV"!
Jeff Sessions Hack
Yellowhammer
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 12:05:56 am »

Fuzzy is a moderate center-lefty and JoeRepublic is an ultra-abrasive DSA-style nutcase. I wonder who would win?
Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2019, 12:15:14 am »

Fuzzy is a moderate center-lefty and JoeRepublic is an ultra-abrasive DSA-style nutcase. I wonder who would win?

I would recommend using the American political spectrum, not the Confederate one. Wink
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 02:15:29 am »
« Edited: September 15, 2019, 02:20:12 am by Old School Republican »

I would recommend using the American political spectrum, not the Confederate one. Wink

Fuzzy is to the left of the vast majority of Blue Avatars on here as he is in support of Single Payer, and opposes Reaganomics.

Even on Immigration , Fuzzy has basically said he would support a bill that narrowly increased legal immigration if it had tough enforceable measures to stop illegal immigration. Fuzzy is strongly opposes to open borders but was so the entire Democratic Party before 2017 and on most immigration threads he is is just expressing how shocked he is that much of the Democratic Party is indirectly supporting Open Borders.

Y'all be like "Hmm he's massively bigoted in many ways and frequently derails topics to push debunked or disingenuous talking points but none of his bigoted ideas are aimed at me so I like him"
Literally nobody said that. However, a lot of us think that, you know, people with conservative views (and I donít say ultra-conservative because heís not ultra-conservative) arenít bigoted because their comments about immigration shows that they donít hate people unlike them - instead, it simply demonstrates a (in my opinion unreasonable) fear of foreigners. That and a fear for safety is very common among people of his generation.

I believe people misunderstand my position on immigration.

I am open to all sorts of proposals regarding levels of immigration, resolving DACA, "The Wall" and other issues regarding Border Security, taking people in from countries laden with terrorism, legitimate and illegitimate asylum seekers, and other issues on the topic.  What I won't budge on is the principle of sovereignty and the rule of law.  The folks who violate our immigration laws do it knowingly and willfully, and the law should be enforced until it is repealed.  And it is AMERICA, and America, ALONE, that gets to decide who comes into our country.  This principle also means that we don't need to give people a reason for why we keep them out.  We get to decide, and we don't have to do this according to the World's standards.

It's easier to call me names than it is to honestly discuss the issue and discuss possible compromises.

You forgot to add that you are on the record as being in favor of reducing legal immigration as well.  Which puts you on the far-right fringe of mainstream society, but of course, aligns quite well with the path being forged by the current administration.

I have no apologies for that post.  My position as an individual is that I am for lower levels of legal immigration, as higher levels put stress on the structurally unemployed and on American low-skill workers.

That's a point where, if I were a politician, I would be willing to leave levels where they are, or even increase them slightly, as well as citizenship for the "Dreamers" in exchange for an end to chain migration, monies to upgrade detention centers and fund ICE to face the number of illegal aliens we have today, and that the Border Fence that has already been approved be completed post haste. There are lots of things that are negotiable.  What is not negotiable is the idea that the US is sovereign over who gets to come into our country.  

In 2018, he also voted for Gillium and Scott and opposed Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Now of course Yellowhammer would consider even Ted Cruz to be Center-Left so his meaning is far different

Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 08:12:55 am »

Sure, he's not right wing on every issue, and I wouldn't have an issue with calling him center
-right. But on the whole, I don't really see how you can call him center-left.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2019, 09:01:24 am »

Fuzzy is to the left of the vast majority of Blue Avatars on here as he is in support of Single Payer, and opposes Reaganomics.

Even on Immigration , Fuzzy has basically said he would support a bill that narrowly increased legal immigration if it had tough enforceable measures to stop illegal immigration. Fuzzy is strongly opposes to open borders but was so the entire Democratic Party before 2017 and on most immigration threads he is is just expressing how shocked he is that much of the Democratic Party is indirectly supporting Open Borders.

Y'all be like "Hmm he's massively bigoted in many ways and frequently derails topics to push debunked or disingenuous talking points but none of his bigoted ideas are aimed at me so I like him"
Literally nobody said that. However, a lot of us think that, you know, people with conservative views (and I donít say ultra-conservative because heís not ultra-conservative) arenít bigoted because their comments about immigration shows that they donít hate people unlike them - instead, it simply demonstrates a (in my opinion unreasonable) fear of foreigners. That and a fear for safety is very common among people of his generation.

I believe people misunderstand my position on immigration.

I am open to all sorts of proposals regarding levels of immigration, resolving DACA, "The Wall" and other issues regarding Border Security, taking people in from countries laden with terrorism, legitimate and illegitimate asylum seekers, and other issues on the topic.  What I won't budge on is the principle of sovereignty and the rule of law.  The folks who violate our immigration laws do it knowingly and willfully, and the law should be enforced until it is repealed.  And it is AMERICA, and America, ALONE, that gets to decide who comes into our country.  This principle also means that we don't need to give people a reason for why we keep them out.  We get to decide, and we don't have to do this according to the World's standards.

It's easier to call me names than it is to honestly discuss the issue and discuss possible compromises.

You forgot to add that you are on the record as being in favor of reducing legal immigration as well.  Which puts you on the far-right fringe of mainstream society, but of course, aligns quite well with the path being forged by the current administration.

I have no apologies for that post.  My position as an individual is that I am for lower levels of legal immigration, as higher levels put stress on the structurally unemployed and on American low-skill workers.

That's a point where, if I were a politician, I would be willing to leave levels where they are, or even increase them slightly, as well as citizenship for the "Dreamers" in exchange for an end to chain migration, monies to upgrade detention centers and fund ICE to face the number of illegal aliens we have today, and that the Border Fence that has already been approved be completed post haste. There are lots of things that are negotiable.  What is not negotiable is the idea that the US is sovereign over who gets to come into our country.  

In 2018, he also voted for Gillium and Scott Bill Nelson and opposed Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Now of course Yellowhammer would consider even Ted Cruz to be Center-Left so his meaning is far different

FIFY, lol!   Wink

I would still vote not to confirm Kavanaugh, although I am not entirely convinced by Christine Blasey Ford's accusations.  I have a real problem with treating people as sex criminals solely on the basis of decades old accusations for which there is a minimum of supporting (let alone corroborating) evidence.  The presumption of innocence is a principle that ought to apply to people we don't like or agree with as well as our allies.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2019, 09:39:03 am »

Fuzzy hotlinks a beautiful patriotic image in Joe Republic's PhotoBucket account, and puts it into all his campaign literature.  But then Joe Republic switches the image in his gallery to a pic of a naked black man.  Fuzzy proves too old to understand how hotlinking works, so doesn't realize what Joe did, and takes full responsibility for the scandal and drops out of the race.
Jeff Sessions Hack
Yellowhammer
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 01:41:31 pm »

I am using the American political spectrum. He's right wing on some social issues like abortion and gay marriage, and that's about it.
Speaker YE
YE
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 12:07:00 am »

Sure, he's not right wing on every issue, and I wouldn't have an issue with calling him center
-right. But on the whole, I don't really see how you can call him center-left.

Itís hard to classify Fuzzy just because there are no IRL politicians really like his views (special interests tend to favor someone with the opposite views). Gun to my head, Iíd say heís centrist to center right at this point though.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 03:16:59 am »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, he’s far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel. 

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 03:38:46 am »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, heís far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel.  

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

Someone who voted for Gillum and Nelson is not Far Right. I would say he is probably overall slightly to the left of posters like Sunrise, myself , TCG etc. Also on immigration:

Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 06:29:31 pm »

The most convenient thing about debating Old School Republican is that because he keeps making the exact same arguments over and over, you can just copy and paste the same response you gave him last time.  No real effort required!  It does feel a bit like a jackhammer going at a concrete block, but whatever works.

Someone who voted for Gillum and Nelson is not Far Right.

No kidding?!  Wow, this is totally new information!

So?  Did you read anything I typed?  Voting against Prick "convicted felon" Scott and Ron "monkey things up" DipShitnis hardly requires courage.
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 06:54:10 pm »

The most convenient thing about debating Old School Republican is that because he keeps making the exact same arguments over and over, you can just copy and paste the same response you gave him last time.  No real effort required!  It does feel a bit like a jackhammer going at a concrete block, but whatever works.

Someone who voted for Gillum and Nelson is not Far Right.

No kidding?!  Wow, this is totally new information!

So?  Did you read anything I typed?  Voting against Prick "convicted felon" Scott and Ron "monkey things up" DipShitnis hardly requires courage.

I would have voted for Scott and probably DeSantis if I lived in Florida as while I was supporting the third party candidate because  if I was actually in FL I would have followed the election more and in more detail and voted with DeSantis(As a observer from Oregon the only thing I knew about  DeSantis was his controversies )

Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 07:17:31 pm »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, heís far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel. 

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

Yes, indeed, after this, I certainly think I would defeat you in a head to head concept.

What I would do better than you is actually BE President.  That's because I'm certain I could do a better job than you of trying to be "President of All the People" and not just the ones I agree with.

You've given away your own intolerant nature, which shines through your glibness.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies