Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2019, 08:44:43 am
News: 2020 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Fuzzy Bear (R) vs Joe Republic (D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fuzzy Bear (R) vs Joe Republic (D)  (Read 1284 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 07:23:02 pm »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, hes far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel. 

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

I can only imagine how Fuzzy and the other conservative snowflakes would have reacted back in the day when you, King, Lunar, Lief, Alcon, etc., were humiliating right-wingers and destroying their anti-Obama BS.
They might have contemplated suicide after a few run-ins with you guys.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2019, 01:26:16 am »

You've given away your own intolerant nature, which shines through your glibness.

... The glaring lack of self-awareness here is what gets me the most.
Calthrina950
YaBB God
United States

P
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2019, 08:22:15 am »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, hes far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel. 

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

Yes, indeed, after this, I certainly think I would defeat you in a head to head concept.

What I would do better than you is actually BE President.  That's because I'm certain I could do a better job than you of trying to be "President of All the People" and not just the ones I agree with.

You've given away your own intolerant nature, which shines through your glibness.

And this is exactly why Fuzzy Bear would win. Joe Republic's contempt of swing voters would cause independents to break strongly for Fuzzy Bear, and his hatred towards conservatives and evangelicals would send Republican turnout skyrocketing. Fuzzy Bear's populist views on healthcare, unions, and the economy would, in my view, also help him win additional support from swing voters. I would imagine that the electoral map in this scenario would look something like this:

Fuzzy Bear would win the popular vote easily, probably by around 5-8%, and states like Rhode Island and Oregon would probably be within single digits. And if it ever came to this, I would vote for him enthusiastically.
Kutasoff Hedzoff
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 08:33:02 am »

Fuzzy is a moderate center-lefty and JoeRepublic is an ultra-abrasive DSA-style nutcase. I wonder who would win?

Thank you for providing more of your trademark white noise. It helps me fall asleep.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2019, 08:35:27 am »

Fuzzy is a moderate center-lefty and JoeRepublic is an ultra-abrasive DSA-style nutcase. I wonder who would win?

Thank you for providing more of your trademark white noise. It helps me fall asleep.

You do less harm when you're asleep, so that's a good thing.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »

Wow, is it just me or did the energy levels in this thread just take a sharp nosedive, roughly around 3 posts ago?
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.10

P P P
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2019, 01:30:51 pm »

I can only imagine how Fuzzy and the other conservative snowflakes would have reacted back in the day when you, King, Lunar, Lief, Alcon, etc., were humiliating right-wingers and destroying their anti-Obama BS.

I have reported this post
Pro-Life Single Issue Voter
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: 7.83

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »

Fuzzy would win this election in a landslide based on some of Joe's posts in this thread.  Joe would be lucky to get 100 EVs.
Santender
Santander
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.54, S: 4.78

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 11:27:20 pm »

For what exactly?...
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.10

P P P
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2019, 11:33:37 pm »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, hes far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel.  

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

For what exactly?...

Just bolded it
Santender
Santander
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 12:27:58 am »

I'd love to know what you guys are smoking if you think Fuzzy Bear is "centrist to center right".  As I've said before, hes far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel.  

That being said, I maintain that I'd lose the election to him.  My tolerance levels for conservatives, weather-vane swing voters, and the religious is barely traceable these days so my entire campaign would be DOA.  But FB seems to have an uncanny knack of convincing people that he's a kindly old moderate, rather than the vindictive far-right bigot he actually is.

For what exactly?...

Just bolded it

Ok?
morgankingsley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 12:38:49 am »

Fuzzy Bear
Calthrina950
YaBB God
United States

P
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2019, 10:36:45 am »

Fuzzy would win this election in a landslide based on some of Joe's posts in this thread.  Joe would be lucky to get 100 EVs.

Unfortunately, we are too polarized for that to happen. However, if political conditions were more depolarized, like those of decades past, I could easily see Fuzzy Bear winning by double digits.
Santender
Santander
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 08:06:50 pm »

#neverfuzzy (sane)
DINO Tom
jdb
YaBB God