2019 ICC Cricket World Cup (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 ICC Cricket World Cup (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup  (Read 5354 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: May 30, 2019, 11:27:28 PM »

This is my prediction:

Final Ranking in Group Stage:

1. India
2. England
3. Australia
4. Pakistan
5. New Zealand
6. South Africa
7. Sri Lanka
8. Bangladesh
9. West Indies
10. Afghanistan

Semi Finals:

India vs Pakistan: India Wins
England vs Australia: Australia Wins

Finals:

India vs Australia: India Wins

World Cup Champions: India
Man of Series: Virat Kohli
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:08:51 AM »

Why not New Zealand
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »

And lost pretty badly, and also New Zealand has never won a World Cup either. Who are the top 3 teams you hope most win the world cup , mine are

1. India
2. England
3. South Africa
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 01:55:38 AM »

Ok I was wrong about West Indies and South Africa lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »

Root and Butler got out on unnecessary shots just after they got their century
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:25:38 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2019, 02:32:30 AM by Old School Republican »

Ah yes, the sandpaper thing. Boy I can't wait to see everyone get enraged if we end up winning this.

Warner should not be playing full stop. Ever. Smith . ..  that's a more difficult one. Yes he should've stopped it, but I can't hold him at fault for much more than that. Warner was the guilty party in that and he got banned for twelve months, which i may add has copped a lot of criticism from several nations for being overly harsh (Du Plessis, Hershcelle Gibbs, Michael Vaughan, Harsha Bhogle, Manjrekar and Gautam Gambhir are on the record as saying that) and moreover, I find it interesting that when South Africa did ball tampering thing over here, they got a slap over the wrist because 'everyone does it'.

That last part is actually pretty amusing to me considering that South Africa was involved in three ball tampering incidents over three years, yet all they got, as said above, were slaps over the wrist.

More like we are all tired of Australia winning world cups over and over again. I mean they have won 4 of the last 5 and if they win this one it would be 5/6.

You guys also had an 8 year run where Australia totally dominated cricket in all formats cause you guys literally had a super team. Many of us started watching Cricket when Australia would routinely win matches like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ry_2Qvl2vE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-Cv7xKjoQ

And that was routine for them from 99-07(They only lost two test series in that span , 01 to India and 05 to England and won all 3 world cups)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:58:01 PM »

Unfortunately, Pakistan were beaten by a better side today. I will be happy if anyone but Australia or India win.

Why do you dislike India so much
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »

Unfortunately, Pakistan were beaten by a better side today. I will be happy if anyone but Australia or India win.

India does have something of what you would call an Australia-like reputation. There was the whole 2007-8 Border-Gavaskar Trophy which I'm not even going to get into right now because it will spark a flame war.

There was also the kerfuffle when they were introducing the DRS a few years ago. Most nations welcomed it. Again though, the BCCI threw a tantrum and demanded it be removed from cricket while their team simultaneously compalined that umpriing decisions were going against them.

Finally, and one reason they're REALLY disliked in Australia is Phillip Hughes. Shortly after he died, it was apparent that it affected the whole Australian team in general and Michael Clarke in particular, as the two were very close friends. The first two tests of the series that year were postponed to give the team time to mourn. In response, the BCCI released  a statement that basically said "The series cannot be delayed on account of one man."

Since then, I think the Indian team has calmed down, and I always make a point of differentiating between the BCCI and the Indian team. hell, Kohli (whom I used to hate with a burning passion) showed what a class act he is when he apologised to Steve Smith for the crowd.

2007-08 Border Gavaskar trophy, the Australians behaved bad too . Ricky Pointing claiming that catch was disgraceful. Now Australia deserved to win that series but India weren’t the only ones who played bad

Many Indian fans also don’t like the BCCI either
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »

Unlike any other major cricketing nation, India has produced very few truly ravishing players, other than Syed Mushtaq Ali, Tiger Pataudi, Mohammad Azharuddin, Kapil Dev. (all Muslim or Sikh... only the minority players are interesting) Every other major country has produced far more interesting players.

Lack of meat in their diets, obviously. That's why they haven't produced any good fast bowlers.

Didn’t Australian fans like Warne more than McGrath and also Warne was the better of the two as well .

Similar for India but with Kumble who’s was by far their best bowler
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 02:53:08 AM »

England is a grossly overrated team. Root, Buttler, Stokes, and perhaps Archer are world-class, and the team has a strong home record, but they are clearly the 4th best team at the World Cup after Australia, India and New Zealand, imo. (NZ aren't amazing on paper but Taylor is a different animal after eye surgery, Williamson is the best batsman in the world, and Ferguson is as good as Archer) Moeen, one of my favorite players in the world, is sadly looking like the bits and pieces player that he is at international level.

I went into this expecting us to end up near the bottom.

Why, the only reason Australia struggled so much over the past year was because of the fact that Steve Smith and David Warner were suspended.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 02:54:35 AM »

Shakib Al Hasan has been incredible.

Indeed, Shakib is a brilliant player. He could make it into virtually any side in the world on his left arm spin on its own, but he is a properly talented batsman as well. You simply cannot underestimate how much he is adored by Bangladeshis... Having been at a Bangladesh match this World Cup, I can say from experience.

Also, I'll be at at least 1-2 more World Cup matches this weekend, weather permitting. Smiley

Which ones
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 11:57:41 AM »

Afghanistan choked this hard when they went with their fast bowler . They should have waited till the very last over to do that and the target then might have been too much
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:20 PM »

Mashallah, Pakistan won today. Now top 4 in the table. We are going to win it all!

No way Pakistan beats India or Australia. If you want Australia to lose , India is by far the best opponent to make that happened
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 10:57:10 PM »

Pakistan  are now for all sense and purposes   out unless they win by 300+ runs and that isn’t happening
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 10:18:09 PM »

Shukriya for not giving up and leaving us with some positives to remember, Pakistan.

Now, of course, we move forward and cheer for anybody but India to win.

Why though?

You never support the enemy that does not give the people of Kashmir their right to self-determination.

Are you muslim or pakistani or kashmiri or something like that?

He’s a troll so we have no idea if he is actually a fan of Pakistan or not
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »

Dissaponting that India lost but they played good this tournament.

Now lets go England
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 02:43:12 AM »

Imagine not being from Australia and supporting them in this scenario.

Anyway, hopefully NZ can win their first. Would be kinda nice if they could beat Australia as vengeance for last time, but for me I’d rather the Aussies not even make it within a game of the cup.

Especially given the fact that the finals will be played at Lords, where the pitch favors the Aussies
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »

Australia loses !!!!!!

Now let’s go England
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend