LC 2.24 Historical Lincoln Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.24 Historical Lincoln Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.24 Historical Lincoln Act (Statute)  (Read 662 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »
« edited: June 14, 2019, 06:37:59 PM by tack50 »

Historical Lincoln Act

to promote our the history of our region, develop new regional museums, and provide grants for the humanities

Section I: Recognition

1. As representatives of the Region of Lincoln, we recognize that preserving our mutual history is what binds us and ensures we learn from our shared experiences. In order to preserve the memory of our past and seek the betterment of all, it is our duty to foster the development of historical studies and the humanities overall.

Section II: Historical Preservation

1. Lincoln shall appoint a Historic & Landmarks Preservation Board.

a. This Board's objective shall be to promote the protection and preservation of Lincoln's historic sites, buildings and districts based on cultural or artistic achievements which cannot be duplicated or otherwise replaced. As a result, the Board shall enhance local attractions, foster economic development and retain property values and uses.

b. Members of the Board must be qualified preservationists and historians.

c. Members of the Board shall be appointed by the Governor.

Section III: The Museum Project

1. The Historical Museums of Lincoln shall be administered by the Region of Lincoln.

a. This project shall be a pubic initiative for the development of museums and research centers throughout the region. Its directive shall be the construction and maintenance of public facilities containing historical artifacts, literature, collections and historically and/or culturally-significant items.

b. The project shall be directed primarily by the Secretary of The Historical Museums of Lincoln, a public official as appointed by the Governor.

i. The Secretary shall be given the task of presiding over the directive as outlined in 1-a.

ii. The Secretary shall be permitted to appoint a maximum of fifteen team members to assist in managing the project, subject to change at the discretion of the Governor.

Section IV: To Promote the Humanities

1. Lincoln shall establish the Foster The Humanities Program.

a. This shall be an independent agency instructed to offer funding for studies and projects involving human society and culture, social sciences, language, geography, music, history politics and art.

b. The Foster The Humanities Program shall accomplish the following.

i. Assist in the quality development of humanities-oriented learning and teaching programs, courses and curricula in public education.

ii. Work alongside public institutions to provide teaching faculty with the means to provide quality experiences to students.

iii. Recognize individuals and communities exhibiting exceptional work in the fields highlighted in 1-a.

c. The agency shall allocate a minimum of $1M in annual grants per state in order to meet the above criteria.

Section V: Enactment

1. This act takes effect upon signing by the governor.

Sponsor: Pyro

Debate time for this bill has started and shall last for no less than 72 hours
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 12:12:05 PM »

I support the idea of this, but have concerns about where the funding will come from
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 01:31:37 AM »

Mr. Speaker, this bill represents my determination that we recognize the vital importance of maintaining and building upon Lincoln's proud history and assist those aiming to broaden interest in the humanities as a whole. The three pillars of this legislation - those being the establishment of the H&LP Board, the Museum Project, and Foster The Humanities - seek to address my chief concerns regarding a loss of interest in history and social science. I do hope the bill's text speaks for itself and therefore garners support from this Council.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:38:23 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 01:44:18 AM by Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Mr. Chancellor, I have concerns about where the $1 million will come from

EDIT: My concerns have been addressed following a private discussion, and I will back this bill
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »

Excellent bill that I will be happy to support Mr. Chancellor!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 11:15:56 AM »

We have a budget deficit and I don't want any spending that could currently be done by private charities like the sons of the revolution or similar organizations. Even if we did have the money I would rather this money be spent on increased STEM education or apprenticeship programs.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »

We have a budget deficit and I don't want any spending that could currently be done by private charities like the sons of the revolution or similar organizations. Even if we did have the money I would rather this money be spent on increased STEM education or apprenticeship programs.

To be fair, this bill is really cheap. There are 14 states in Lincoln. I believe Sections I and II have no funding attached so they'll borrow from the relevant sections of the budget.

Section III does have extra funding attached but it's only 14 million, 15 if we are to include Scotland as a state. Or in other words: $0.01bn. I think we can afford this.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »

Motion for a Final Vote
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »

With no objections:

Councillors, a FINAL vote is now open on the following legislation

Historical Lincoln Act

to promote our the history of our region, develop new regional museums, and provide grants for the humanities

Section I: Recognition

1. As representatives of the Region of Lincoln, we recognize that preserving our mutual history is what binds us and ensures we learn from our shared experiences. In order to preserve the memory of our past and seek the betterment of all, it is our duty to foster the development of historical studies and the humanities overall.

Section II: Historical Preservation

1. Lincoln shall appoint a Historic & Landmarks Preservation Board.

a. This Board's objective shall be to promote the protection and preservation of Lincoln's historic sites, buildings and districts based on cultural or artistic achievements which cannot be duplicated or otherwise replaced. As a result, the Board shall enhance local attractions, foster economic development and retain property values and uses.

b. Members of the Board must be qualified preservationists and historians.

c. Members of the Board shall be appointed by the Governor.

Section III: The Museum Project

1. The Historical Museums of Lincoln shall be administered by the Region of Lincoln.

a. This project shall be a pubic initiative for the development of museums and research centers throughout the region. Its directive shall be the construction and maintenance of public facilities containing historical artifacts, literature, collections and historically and/or culturally-significant items.

b. The project shall be directed primarily by the Secretary of The Historical Museums of Lincoln, a public official as appointed by the Governor.

i. The Secretary shall be given the task of presiding over the directive as outlined in 1-a.

ii. The Secretary shall be permitted to appoint a maximum of fifteen team members to assist in managing the project, subject to change at the discretion of the Governor.

Section IV: To Promote the Humanities

1. Lincoln shall establish the Foster The Humanities Program.

a. This shall be an independent agency instructed to offer funding for studies and projects involving human society and culture, social sciences, language, geography, music, history politics and art.

b. The Foster The Humanities Program shall accomplish the following.

i. Assist in the quality development of humanities-oriented learning and teaching programs, courses and curricula in public education.

ii. Work alongside public institutions to provide teaching faculty with the means to provide quality experiences to students.

iii. Recognize individuals and communities exhibiting exceptional work in the fields highlighted in 1-a.

c. The agency shall allocate a minimum of $1M in annual grants per state in order to meet the above criteria.

Section V: Enactment

1. This act takes effect upon signing by the governor.

Please vote AYE, NAY or Abstain
This vote shall last for 48 hours or until all Councillors have voted
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »

Aye
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 07:04:47 PM by Elliot County Populist »

Nay- Don't see why private charity shouldn't do something that the average person doesn't care about and is generally geared towards upper middle class people. I myself have dedicated a few hours of my time to some history museums.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 06:54:20 PM »

AYE
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 07:51:58 PM »

AYE
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 08:15:49 PM »

Abstain
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 10:07:17 PM »

Aye
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 03:49:46 PM »

Aye
Dipper Josh

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 07:15:27 AM »

Aye
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 04:28:40 PM »

With all 9 councillors having voted, the FINAL vote on LC 2.24 Historical Lincoln Act is now closed

Aye: 7 (tack50, Zaybay, thr33, Pyro, SNJC, Ninja, Dipper Josh)
Abstain: 1 (Griffin)
Nay: 1 (lfromnj)

So this bill passes
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 04:34:24 PM »

Excellent!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »