Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13940 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »

Atlas memery aside, the whole Grad Mufti thing was pretty disgusting, as Fuzzy attacked TSA based on the latter's ethnic origin by coming up with some ridiculous "guilt by (a very loose) association" scenario. While we can't expect much from someone as dense as his sidekick in that thread, beep boop, a man in his sixties really should have known better.

I didnt attack TSA for the Mufti thing, what I did was question him about his opinion on people like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlabi and brought up their quotes. That thread was about the Democratic party becoming more and more anti-Israel so I dont see anything wrong with bringing up the two people who are most prominently anti-Israel.

I did not agree with Fuzzy bringing the Mufti thing in the thread, but I am sure he didnt have an bad intentions on the issue.

Yet you singled me out from the other Dem posters, convenient is it not?

I have gone after many Dem posters on this issue on many other threads. You also have in your sig that you are proud Rashida Tlaib was elected to congress.

Cause her and I share the blood of our people. But if you want to re-litigate this issue with me, I'd highly advise you don't.

I am not proud of people like Bobby Jindal , Ro Khanna or Pramila Jayapal despite the fact they are Indian-Americans like me. In fact I think all three are terrible and should never have been elected.

Ok and? You clearly know nothing of us. My people don't have a functioning Independent country, so when politicians of our background get elected we celebrate, I hate Justin Amash and his asinine politics but he's one of us

Having an Anti-Semitic Congresswomen to be the face of that cause is actually terrible for your cause.

I have no interest in re-litigating this bs claim.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2019, 06:58:52 PM »

Atlas memery aside, the whole Grad Mufti thing was pretty disgusting, as Fuzzy attacked TSA based on the latter's ethnic origin by coming up with some ridiculous "guilt by (a very loose) association" scenario. While we can't expect much from someone as dense as his sidekick in that thread, beep boop, a man in his sixties really should have known better.

I didnt attack TSA for the Mufti thing, what I did was question him about his opinion on people like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlabi and brought up their quotes. That thread was about the Democratic party becoming more and more anti-Israel so I dont see anything wrong with bringing up the two people who are most prominently anti-Israel.

I did not agree with Fuzzy bringing the Mufti thing in the thread, but I am sure he didnt have an bad intentions on the issue.

I have gone after many Dem posters on this issue on many other threads. You also have in your sig that you are proud Rashida Tlaib was elected to congress.

Cause her and I share the blood of our people. But if you want to re-litigate this issue with me, I'd highly advise you don't.

I am not proud of people like Bobby Jindal , Ro Khanna or Pramila Jayapal despite the fact they are Indian-Americans like me. In fact I think all three are terrible and should never have been elected.

Ok and? You clearly know nothing of us. My people don't have a functioning Independent country, so when politicians of our background get elected we celebrate, I hate Justin Amash and his asinine politics but he's one of us

Having an Anti-Semitic Congresswomen to be the face of that cause is actually terrible for your cause.

Ok, but please dont take this back and forth personally. This has nothing to do with or what I think about you as a person, as I personally believe you are a good person . This has to do with the politician you are supporting and I will continue to question posters about this issue in threads relating to this issue.

This is a political forum so we all will be questioned on the politicians we like especially ones with shady histories

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »

Ok, but please dont take this back and forth personally. This has nothing to do with or what I think about you as a person, as I personally believe you are a good person . This has to do with the politician you are supporting and I will continue to question posters about this issue in threads relating to this issue.

This is a political forum so we all will be questioned on the politicians we like especially ones with shady histories

Roll Eyes
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »

Roll Eyes

I posted that because you posted that you thought I was personally going after you on the other thread, and I just wanted to make it clear that I was not in any shape or form.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »

Without delving into politics overly, I do want to note to Fuzzy the “real situation” for immigrants. I spoke to an immigrant from India, who came here legally and has operated his restaurant for decades, and I have verified the facts of the chain migration system. He spent 19 years in America waiting for chain migration to be applicable. During those 19 years, he could not legally visit his wife or any of his four children, who were between the ages of 1 and 7 when he immigrated to America first.

Only after that time was his family given a visa because he demonstrated a consistent source of income for fifteen consecutive years - which would be twenty if he worked for someone else - a feat not achieved by the average U. S. citizen. Furthermore, he had to demonstrate that an American citizen was not directly competing against him and his restaurant for customers. In other words, his prices must be at or higher than any competing citizen-businessman. Hence why most Indian-American immigrants either work as professionals or operate restaurants or gas stations, because those are the least likely to be seen as competing with American citizens on price.

Not re

That's draconian! Shocked

Impossible! It’s American policy.

(Cue crowds chanting, “USA! USA! USA!”; camera pans away, filming the chanting crowd)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2019, 09:43:35 PM »

Y'all be like "Hmm he's massively bigoted in many ways and frequently derails topics to push debunked or disingenuous talking points but none of his bigoted ideas are aimed at me so I like him"
Literally nobody said that. However, a lot of us think that, you know, people with conservative views (and I don’t say ultra-conservative because he’s not ultra-conservative) aren’t bigoted because their comments about immigration shows that they don’t hate people unlike them - instead, it simply demonstrates a (in my opinion unreasonable) fear of foreigners. That and a fear for safety is very common among people of his generation.

I believe people misunderstand my position on immigration.

I am open to all sorts of proposals regarding levels of immigration, resolving DACA, "The Wall" and other issues regarding Border Security, taking people in from countries laden with terrorism, legitimate and illegitimate asylum seekers, and other issues on the topic.  What I won't budge on is the principle of sovereignty and the rule of law.  The folks who violate our immigration laws do it knowingly and willfully, and the law should be enforced until it is repealed.  And it is AMERICA, and America, ALONE, that gets to decide who comes into our country.  This principle also means that we don't need to give people a reason for why we keep them out.  We get to decide, and we don't have to do this according to the World's standards.

It's easier to call me names than it is to honestly discuss the issue and discuss possible compromises.

So basically your position is that of a mainstream Democrat. OK.

That's an interesting statement.

Mainstream Democratic VOTERS?  Some, maybe.

Mainstream Democratic POLITICIANS?  Thay have all moved to a position where they advocate open borders sub silentio

Don't kid yourself.  The POLS are focused on the BASE.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2019, 10:00:06 PM »

We really shouldn't have a gangbang on any specific poster.  Especially when he's older.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »

We really shouldn't have a gangbang on any specific poster.  Especially when he's older.

He's old enough to be the father or even grandfather of most of the posters on here. It's a shame how they constantly go after him.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »

He's old enough to be the father or even grandfather of most of the posters on here. It's a shame how they constantly go after him.

Being old should not insulate your horrible ideas from being called out.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »

Being old should not insulate your horrible ideas from being called out.

Kinda dead at how "he can be your grandpa!!!!" is an excuse for anything???
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!!!! DON'T GANGBANG THEM!!!!!
AtorBoltox

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2019, 07:21:25 PM »

Wouldn't his age mean he should be held to a higher standard, not the opposite?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »

Sure, I always give him extra deference on account of his age, but let's not pretend he doesn't bring the scrutiny and criticism upon himself. For example, I've never been anything but patient and cordial to him, and have repeatedly bent over backwards to defend him to people who are (understandably) sick of his sh**t, and this is how he thanks me:
He's better than AltorBotox, ProudModerate2, and 136 or 142.  He's probably better than Harry.  He's definitely better than the departed ag.  I agree that this is a very low bar.  He's at Landslide Lyndon levels.

(Note that I had not participated on the thread in question, nor did it have anything to do with me, nor had we recently been sparring, which could have led to him making an emotional comment that he didn't really mean.)

Maybe he inadvertently misattributed someone else's rude comment to me or something, but it's very, very difficult to continue to try to see the best in someone who is so consistently unpleasant and rude. And there's a lot of people around here (recently TSA, but several others too) who get it worse from him unjustifiably than I do.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »

One of the 10 best posters on the website.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »

Sure, I always give him extra deference on account of his age, but let's not pretend he doesn't bring the scrutiny and criticism upon himself. For example, I've never been anything but patient and cordial to him, and have repeatedly bent over backwards to defend him to people who are (understandably) sick of his sh**t, and this is how he thanks me:
He's better than AltorBotox, ProudModerate2, and 136 or 142.  He's probably better than Harry.  He's definitely better than the departed ag.  I agree that this is a very low bar.  He's at Landslide Lyndon levels.

(Note that I had not participated on the thread in question, nor did it have anything to do with me, nor had we recently been sparring, which could have led to him making an emotional comment that he didn't really mean.)

Maybe he inadvertently misattributed someone else's rude comment to me or something, but it's very, very difficult to continue to try to see the best in someone who is so consistently unpleasant and rude. And there's a lot of people around here (recently TSA, but several others too) who get it worse from him unjustifiably than I do.

The people who are "sick of his [expletive]" are the very people causing the trouble. They harass him (and others), denigrate him, and have nothing but unkind things to say. They are unable to find any common ground with him, and treat him as if he were an inbred racist, a white supremacist, or an evangelical fanatic. They are unable to acknowledge when he is right, and when they are wrong. He has every right to fight back against people such as these.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2019, 05:29:03 PM by Grand Mufti of NY »

Wtf dude.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »

The people who are "sick of his [expletive]" are the very people causing the trouble. They harass him (and others), denigrate him, and have nothing but unkind things to say. They are unable to find any common ground with him, and treat him as if he were an inbred racist, a white supremacist, or an evangelical fanatic. They are unable to acknowledge when he is right, and when they are wrong. He has every right to fight back against people such as these.

Here we go again...

What "middle ground" are you talking about? Sorry, but I'm not going seek a "middle ground" when somebody makes statements containing racist undertones. Why? Because I reject racist sentiments, period. When Fuzzy is right, I have no problem acknowledging this, just as I agree with him on the issue of capital punishment. But when he's wrong, and his attack on TSA was a wrong thing as already explained over and over, I have right to say it's wrong and that I find this deplorable.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »

Yeah, that's just not an accurate description of his interactions with others here. He is far less kind to people than they are to him. People bend over backwards to try to congratulate him when he says something atypically non-terrible (check out his recommendations if you don't believe me), and people try to see the good in him MUCH more often than he tries to see the good in others.

I know you want to stick up for a fellow blue avatar, it's natural, but sometimes we all have to look at people on our side for what they really are.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »

Yeah, that's just not an accurate description of his interactions with others here. He is far less kind to people than they are to him. People bend over backwards to try to congratulate him when he says something atypically non-terrible (check out his recommendations if you don't believe me), and people try to see the good in him MUCH more often than he tries to see the good in others.

I know you want to stick up for a fellow blue avatar, it's natural, but sometimes we all have to look at people on our side for what they really are.

I'm not blind to his faults. Fuzzy Bear does have the habit of making snide comments, which in some instances, does not help the situation. And I have disagreed with some of his policy/political stances as well. However, that doesn't change the fact that most of his detractors don't seem to be interested in engaging with him on a more substantive basis. People like ProudModerate2 and LandslideLyndon, in particular, find joy in denigrating him, and are unwilling to acknowledge when he might be right on something.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »

I took an ambien.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2019, 06:11:24 PM »

What is not negotiable is the idea that the US is sovereign over who gets to come into our country. 

And who is claiming otherwise?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »

I'm not blind to his faults. Fuzzy Bear does have the habit of making snide comments, which in some instances, does not help the situation. And I have disagreed with some of his policy/political stances as well. However, that doesn't change the fact that most of his detractors don't seem to be interested in engaging with him on a more substantive basis. People like ProudModerate2 and LandslideLyndon, in particular, find joy in denigrating him, and are unwilling to acknowledge when he might be right on something.

Well, you've already met me halfway. Now check out the Recommendations he gets from his detractors when he says something non terrible and you'll see that lots of people gleefully acknowledging he's right. There may be a couple of people meaner to him than he is to them, but that's rarely the case.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »

Fuzzy is the Boomer mindset personified
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2019, 06:48:08 PM »

As someone in his thread had already pointed out, Fuzzy is "old enough to be the father or even grandfather of most of the posters on here", so I'd reply that the level of expectations in his case is higher than if we were dealing with an annoying teen.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »

depraved and bizarre even by the standards of right-wing Christianity

I believe God works through Good Guys With Guns.  He can (and does) work through other methods, but this is a method He certainly employs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies