Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13948 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2019, 12:45:19 PM »

depraved and bizarre even by the standards of right-wing Christianity

I believe God works through Good Guys With Guns.  He can (and does) work through other methods, but this is a method He certainly employs.

What is unusual about that post?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

depraved and bizarre even by the standards of right-wing Christianity

I believe God works through Good Guys With Guns.  He can (and does) work through other methods, but this is a method He certainly employs.
God, theoretically, is all powerful and can manifest himself in any form or situation imaginable. If you’re able to accept that Fuzzy is a Christian, you certainly shouldn’t be surprised. Call it bizarre all you want (those aren’t fighting words btw - it’s a free country and you’re free to not follow any faith too) but Fuzzy is EXTREMELY representative of a huge demographic of the country. Saying he’s unique among right-wingers isn’t the case.

I happen to think Fuzzy as the personification of the forgotten man and the silent majority of this country. I think he’s a good and Godly man, the kind who’d give the shirt off his back to help someone. You can disagree. But Fuzzy is, to me at least, one of the best posters because of this. He’s got his fingers dipped in the current that carried Trump to office. To lose that kind of insight on a forum like this would be a tragedy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »

I happen to think Fuzzy as the personification of the forgotten man and the silent majority of this country. I think he’s a good and Godly man, the kind who’d give the shirt off his back to help someone.

You also consider Steve King good and Godly, so we don't really value your opinion on this matter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »

I happen to think Fuzzy as the personification of the forgotten man and the silent majority of this country. I think he’s a good and Godly man, the kind who’d give the shirt off his back to help someone.

You also consider Steve King good and Godly, so we don't really value your opinion on this matter.
I’ve condemned King. I don’t think of him much other than when he’s in the news, but his “other people’s babies” thing was when I figured him out.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2019, 02:09:28 PM »

What is not negotiable is the idea that the US is sovereign over who gets to come into our country. 

And who is claiming otherwise?

No one, when asked.  A great many people, but in a sub silentio way.  That's my observation of how this issue is played out.

Disagreement with our immigration laws is one thing.  Insinuating that we don't have the right to enforce them is another thing and that DOES imply a loss of soverignty.  The people who advocate the abolition of ICE, or that advocate local law enforcement not cooperating with ICE in the way local law enforcement cooperates with other jurisdictions, including the Federal government.  How can a person advocate that a nation has sovereignty over ANYTHING when their primary advocacy is focused on dismantling the agency that enforces those laws and policies?  Sovereignty over immigration implies the right to enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders how WE see fit, even if the rest of the World hates us for it.  (Now I believe we ought to reconsider any policy that would truly bring on such worldwide enmity, but I also recognize that American public opinion is also being manipulated by all sorts of sources, domestic and foreign, who have no interest in the greater welfare of America and Americans.)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »

Claims that this is all about an impersonal adherence to the rule of law, without any particular care for what the laws happen to be, is pretty laughable, which is what I think Fuzzy is projecting every time he accuses other people of believing something other than what they’re saying.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »

Why do we need ICE? Or the DHS, for that matter? (No, "9/11" is not an acceptable answer.) Seems like a recipe for massive centralized bureaucratic waste, abuse, even fraud. It wasn't (and isn't) exactly an uncontroversial government department.

Did the enforcement of US immigration laws not exist before the creation of ICE? Huh
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2019, 02:55:04 PM »

Why do we need ICE? Or the DHS, for that matter? (No, "9/11" is not an acceptable answer.) Seems like a recipe for massive centralized bureaucratic waste, abuse, even fraud. It wasn't (and isn't) exactly an uncontroversial government department.

Did the enforcement of US immigration laws not exist before the creation of ICE? Huh

It was INS before ICE. 

People who object to ICE are, in fact, objecting to the enforcement of our immigration laws.  That's my belief, as well.  The difference between ICE and INS and CONTROL and KAOS is nothing more than Alphabet Soup.  What's behind ICE is the mandate to enforce our present immigration laws.  There are many here that simply don't want that to happen.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2019, 02:55:43 PM »

It was INS before ICE. 

People who object to ICE are, in fact, objecting to the enforcement of our immigration laws.  That's my belief, as well.  The difference between ICE and INS and CONTROL and KAOS is nothing more than Alphabet Soup.  What's behind ICE is the mandate to enforce our present immigration laws.  There are many here that simply don't want that to happen.

Uh huh. k
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2019, 03:06:36 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2019, 03:09:55 PM by PR »

Also, if ICE exists to enforce our immigration laws, why isn’t it under the Department of Justice, like the FBI or DEA? What’s it doing in this massive post-9/11 “Department of Homeland Security?”

Oh right, who could forget the fact that the 9/11 hijackers all snuck through the southern border into the US as illegal immigrants...at least, that’s obviously what happened.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »

Also, if ICE exists to enforce our immigration laws, why isn’t it under the Department of Justice, like the FBI or DEA? What’s it doing in this massive post-9/11 “Department of Homeland Security?”

Oh right, who could forget the fact that the 9/11 hijackers all snuck through the southern border into the US as illegal immigrants...at least, that’s obviously what happened.
A fantastic case for curtailing legal immigration too.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »

A troll and an HP
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »

I hate that you try to hide a xenophobic desire to curtail brown people coming into our country behind a purportedly unbiased desire that the laws be enforced no matter what they are. It’s nice that sometimes the mask slips, as above, but it’d be nice if you were just honest to yourself and others all the time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »

I hate that you try to hide a xenophobic desire to curtail brown people coming into our country behind a purportedly unbiased desire that the laws be enforced no matter what they are. It’s nice that sometimes the mask slips, as above, but it’d be nice if you were just honest to yourself and others all the time.
I've never hid from this? Immigration is immigration. Only so many people can get in, and I'd greatly prefer we take those who respect the country enough to come here through legal channels instead of, you know, the freaking dessert?

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »

no
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2019, 06:58:48 PM »

I've never hid from this? Immigration is immigration. Only so many people can get in, and I'd greatly prefer we take those who respect the country enough to come here through legal channels instead of, you know, the freaking dessert?

Whoops! I saw a blue Florida av in a thread about Fuzzy saying something xenophobic and I just assumed!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »

God, theoretically, is all powerful and can manifest himself in any form or situation imaginable. If you’re able to accept that Fuzzy is a Christian, you certainly shouldn’t be surprised. Call it bizarre all you want (those aren’t fighting words btw - it’s a free country and you’re free to not follow any faith too) but Fuzzy is EXTREMELY representative of a huge demographic of the country. Saying he’s unique among right-wingers isn’t the case.

I happen to think Fuzzy as the personification of the forgotten man and the silent majority of this country. I think he’s a good and Godly man, the kind who’d give the shirt off his back to help someone. You can disagree. But Fuzzy is, to me at least, one of the best posters because of this. He’s got his fingers dipped in the current that carried Trump to office. To lose that kind of insight on a forum like this would be a tragedy.
You're definitely right that he's representative of millions of Americans, but I don't know how in the world you get the "he'd give you the shirt off his back guy" vibe out of him. Fuzzy is constantly making rude, mean-spirited personal attacks on people here. And he's SO repetitive about it.

Like, Reaganfan (for example) has posted worse stuff on here overall on the racist/Trumpist scale, but Reaganfan doesn't generally attack individual posters specifically. Fuzzy stands in total contrast to that - just a total belligerent prick in the way he interacts with people. In fact, he himself has acknowledged it, that he gives people attitude on purpose as an arguing tactic. Fuzzy might actually be a nice guy in real life, but his forum persona would laugh and scowl at someone in distress. He's as far away from a "give you the shirt off his back guy" as this forum has.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »

You're definitely right that he's representative of millions of Americans, but I don't know how in the world you get the "he'd give you the shirt off his back guy" vibe out of him. Fuzzy is constantly making rude, mean-spirited personal attacks on people here. And he's SO repetitive about it.

Like, Reaganfan (for example) has posted worse stuff on here overall on the racist/Trumpist scale, but Reaganfan doesn't generally attack individual posters specifically. Fuzzy stands in total contrast to that - just a total belligerent prick in the way he interacts with people. In fact, he himself has acknowledged it, that he gives people attitude on purpose as an arguing tactic. Fuzzy might actually be a nice guy in real life, but his forum persona would laugh and scowl at someone in distress. He's as far away from a "give you the shirt off his back guy" as this forum has.

I wonder if you would apply the same standard to ProudModerate2 or Landslide Lyndon. Those two are especially egregious with their insults and attacks against others.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »

I wonder if you would apply the same standard to ProudModerate2 or Landslide Lyndon. Those two are especially egregious with their insults and attacks against others.

What kind of clown question is that? Obviously I would never allow a person's politics to determine whether or the poster is a nice or nasty. I've called out people on my side lots of times when they cross the line.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »

What kind of clown question is that? Obviously I would never allow a person's politics to determine whether or the poster is a nice or nasty. I've called out people on my side lots of times when they cross the line.
Have you really done so though?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »

... yes?

The search feature kinda sucks here, but this is a recent example of me calling out people on my side for crossing the line in their criticism of a Republican poster (which has made on several threads, not just this one)
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266227.msg6893426#msg6893426
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »

... yes?

The search feature kinda sucks here, but this is a recent example of me calling out people on my side for crossing the line in their criticism of a Republican poster (which has made on several threads, not just this one)
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266227.msg6893426#msg6893426
I stand corrected. You indeed took a stand there, and I commend you for that. I retract my smartass comment.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2019, 08:10:05 AM »

It is not a "clown question". It is a reasonable one, given how you continue to treat "right-leaning" posters with a measure of opprobrium, even when "calling out" people on your side. For example, in the thread you mentioned, you bashed "right-wing" stereotypes about liberals.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2019, 09:37:54 PM »

One of the features I have noted about Atlas is the liberties people take with calling people names such as "Racist", "Sexist", "Xenophobe", "Homophobe", "Misogynist", and the like.

Now I take certain positions on issues that people may disagree with.  I'm not a racist, but I don't believe in repirations, and I certainly don't believe in all of (to simplify things), the BLM agenda.  (I do agree with a portion of it, but I find their tactics less than savory.)  I'm not a Xenophobe, but I do believe that America is sovereign in controlling it's borders, and I believe we have the right to deny anyone entry into the US for any reason.  I'm not a homophobe, but I AM a Christian, and I do believe (A) that Christian institutions have a right to not have to hire persons whose beliefs and lifestyles do not reflect Scripture, and (B) while I am not looking to repeal Obergefell, I'm not OK with having my arm twisted to say that GOD is OK with SSM, because Scripture does not say that.  I'm not a Misogynist, but I believe that the #MeToo movement, while making legitimate claims and representing legitimately aggrieved people, have launched a movement that wishes to assign guilt to people based on mere allegations, and I do have skepticism toward allegations that are brought up decades later, with no real evidence to suggest that they have merit.  One is not in those negative categories simply because of their opinions on a few select issues.  But that's not how lots of people play here, and (on some topics), they have ganged up on me calling me names that, if they called me in real life, I'd sue them and win, because they are slanderous and libelous.

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies