Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:31:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13956 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2019, 11:23:46 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2019, 11:36:27 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.

A. There are no "others." I am excessively polite to literally everyone else on the forum. Not sure why you had to throw a little exaggeration into there, but perhaps you confused me with someone else.

B. Nothing I said was an "attack" on Fuzzy. Attacks are personal in nature and not relevant to the topic. All I did was provide a disproving counterexample of Fuzzy's oft-posted, oft-debunked narrative that he's treated unfairly here.

C. I'm much, much, much more polite to Fuzzy than he is to me or dozens of other posters here, and even you will agree (if you do an unbiased, good-faith look into the facts) that Fuzzy's "I AM SO PURRRRSECUTED!!" shtick is annoying and objectively false, and if people didn't call him out on it, posters and lurkers who didn't look into it would believe what he's saying is true.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »

If that happened, good.  You deserved it.  Stay within the lines.  If mods have started to infract clear slander, good.  Better late than never.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2019, 02:32:40 PM »

Fuzzy: "I believe that people (assuming they are mentally capable adults) must be born again Christians in order to go to Heaven when they die."

2,868,691: "Fuzzy believes that people who are not Christian will not go to Heaven when they die."

Fuzzy: "Why, why, that's ... clear slander!!! MODDDDDS!!!"

PIT: Removes 2,868,691's post as "Personal Attack"

Fuzzy: "People slander me all the time and the mods never do anything about it!!!! UNFAIR!!!!"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »

I have 1 more reported post than I did an hour ago. I wonder what it could be?

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2019, 03:46:00 PM »

Haven't you left the forum because we were too mean to you?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:52 PM »

I have 1 more reported post than I did an hour ago. I wonder what it could be?

Your guess is as good as mine, Harry. One thing's sure. Your post is reported. For moderation. And somebody's responsible.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »

Fuzzy Bear is basically Byron White with a MAGA hat on
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2019, 07:03:40 PM »

One of the features I have noted about Atlas is the liberties people take with calling people names such as "Racist", "Sexist", "Xenophobe", "Homophobe", "Misogynist", and the like.

Now I take certain positions on issues that people may disagree with.  I'm not a racist, but I don't believe in repirations, and I certainly don't believe in all of (to simplify things), the BLM agenda.  (I do agree with a portion of it, but I find their tactics less than savory.)  I'm not a Xenophobe, but I do believe that America is sovereign in controlling it's borders, and I believe we have the right to deny anyone entry into the US for any reason.  I'm not a homophobe, but I AM a Christian, and I do believe (A) that Christian institutions have a right to not have to hire persons whose beliefs and lifestyles do not reflect Scripture, and (B) while I am not looking to repeal Obergefell, I'm not OK with having my arm twisted to say that GOD is OK with SSM, because Scripture does not say that.  I'm not a Misogynist, but I believe that the #MeToo movement, while making legitimate claims and representing legitimately aggrieved people, have launched a movement that wishes to assign guilt to people based on mere allegations, and I do have skepticism toward allegations that are brought up decades later, with no real evidence to suggest that they have merit.  One is not in those negative categories simply because of their opinions on a few select issues.  But that's not how lots of people play here, and (on some topics), they have ganged up on me calling me names that, if they called me in real life, I'd sue them and win, because they are slanderous and libelous.

TFW you don’t know what slander or libel are.

Alternately, TFW you know what slander and libel are but also don’t really care about the truth.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2019, 07:46:40 PM »

A. There are no "others." I am excessively polite to literally everyone else on the forum. Not sure why you had to throw a little exaggeration into there, but perhaps you confused me with someone else.

B. Nothing I said was an "attack" on Fuzzy. Attacks are personal in nature and not relevant to the topic. All I did was provide a disproving counterexample of Fuzzy's oft-posted, oft-debunked narrative that he's treated unfairly here.

C. I'm much, much, much more polite to Fuzzy than he is to me or dozens of other posters here, and even you will agree (if you do an unbiased, good-faith look into the facts) that Fuzzy's "I AM SO PURRRRSECUTED!!" shtick is annoying and objectively false, and if people didn't call him out on it, posters and lurkers who didn't look into it would believe what he's saying is true.

If telling someone to "cut the [expletive]" and to "stop playing the persecuted victim" is being "excessively polite", than your worldview must be an entirely distorted one.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »

If telling someone to "cut the [expletive]" and to "stop playing the persecuted victim" is being "excessively polite", than your worldview must be an entirely distorted one.

There are no "others." I am excessively polite to literally everyone else on the forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »

How very mean. You don't deserve to be here and the Devil is going to get you.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2019, 01:21:18 PM »

Total fake Christian like most of the evangelicals. Doesn't live by the teachings of Jesus and then uses the scriptures in twisted ways to be able to discriminate and do what he pleases. He's a textbook example of why religion is in decline.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »

I decided to come back and try my luck again, in spite of the antics of individuals such as this one. I'm scrupulously adhering to my ignore list this time, and the only reason why I am responding here is because LandslideLyndon's post was quoted. The reason why I left was because I was frustrated with dealing with people on here, and I didn't think that it was worth it for me to contribute here any further. But this time around, I will not let others get to me as before.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »

Then do your job and delete Harry's post for a personal attack.  I've had posts less harsh than that be deleted. 
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »

Then do your job and delete Harry's post for a personal attack.  I've had posts less harsh than that be deleted. 

You think the whole edifice of the moderating team should be marshaled to act purely on your personal grievances. It’s absolutely nuts to watch.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »

It's highly unlikely that he will do so, because as you can just see, he engaged in an attack of his own upon me. Part of the reason I left this website for a time is because some of the moderators on here (Kalwejt, Gustaf, TexasGurl) are not above engaging in attacks of their own upon individual posters, violating the very Terms of Service which they are supposed to enforce!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2019, 08:44:04 PM »

I decided to come back and try my luck again, in spite of the antics of individuals such as this one. I'm scrupulously adhering to my ignore list this time, and the only reason why I am responding here is because LandslideLyndon's post was quoted. The reason why I left was because I was frustrated with dealing with people on here, and I didn't think that it was worth it for me to contribute here any further. But this time around, I will not let others get to me as before.

Good. That's a right decision.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »

You think the whole edifice of the moderating team should be marshaled to act purely on your personal grievances. It’s absolutely nuts to watch.

So which is it?

I've been trolled, personally attacked, and slandered/libeled by ProudModerate2 and a few others.  I have had benign posts deleted, while "Snitches get stitches!" stands.  

I have been told by various mods that the reason nothing is done about people that have defamed me is that I didn't report posts.  So I report posts, and a post which, on its face, labels me a "snitch" and indicates that "getting stitches" is in my future.  Now I'm sure the poster has no means by which to make that happen, but do we not have a policy to not threaten harm to folks, even in jest?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

So which is it?

I've been trolled, personally attacked, and slandered/libeled by ProudModerate2 and a few others.  I have had benign posts deleted, while "Snitches get stitches!" stands.  

I have been told by various mods that the reason nothing is done about people that have defamed me is that I didn't report posts.  So I report posts, and a post which, on its face, labels me a "snitch" and indicates that "getting stitches" is in my future.  Now I'm sure the poster has no means by which to make that happen, but do we not have a policy to not threaten harm to folks, even in jest?

Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »

Total fake Christian like most of the evangelicals. Doesn't live by the teachings of Jesus and then uses the scriptures in twisted ways to be able to discriminate and do what he pleases. He's a textbook example of why religion is in decline.

Fuzzy Bear isn't why religion is in decline, he's one of the minority of Americans who are actually taking their faith seriously.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

Fuzzy Bear isn't why religion is in decline, he's one of the minority of Americans who are actually taking their faith seriously.
Anybody who intertwines faith and politics has clearly never read The Screwtape Letters, or even considered what they are doing. It’s literally a defined tactic of the Devil himself. And as for your judgment rendered upon tens of millions of American Christians? ... I think that speaks for itself.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2019, 07:19:49 PM by Grand Mufti of Judaism »

Fuzzy has said plenty of things I don't like and there's one particular incident (from which I got the idea for my current username Tongue ) where I think he completely crossed the line, but he's also not a bad guy nor anywhere near one of Atlas' worst.  Also, while I don't think there's some massive mod bias against him, reading through the last pages of this thread...umm...makes it rather challenging to argue that he doesn't get a disproportionately large amount of crap relative to almost anyone else on Atlas. Also, I do think he's held to some unreasonable double-standards and it comes through even in this thread...just not nearly to the degree that Fuzzy believes.  

And now a word from your friendly neighborhood lawyer-in-training:

Technically, nothing on Atlas could be slander since nothing posted here is a spoken statement by the poster (unless someone posted a video of themself saying false things to damage someone's reputation, but even then, that's just the only way you could even theoretically get there on Atlas...still stranger things have happened here lol), so Fuzzy should only be alleging libel.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »

They seem like a decent poster from my experiences
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies