Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13943 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2019, 09:22:57 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.

Oh look who came crawling back
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.

Yes, I'm back. And I will not let users such as yourself get to me this time.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »

"such as myself" I never once attacked you on this site.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2019, 11:14:46 PM »

Fuzzy Bear isn't why religion is in decline, he's one of the minority of Americans who are actually taking their faith seriously.
Anybody who intertwines faith and politics has clearly never read The Screwtape Letters, or even considered what they are doing. It’s literally a defined tactic of the Devil himself. And as for your judgment rendered upon tens of millions of American Christians? ... I think that speaks for itself.

The percentage of Americans who take Christianity (or Judaism, Islam, or Buddhism for that matter) seriously is very low.  I stand by what I said.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:31 PM »

Fuzzy Bear isn't why religion is in decline, he's one of the minority of Americans who are actually taking their faith seriously.
Anybody who intertwines faith and politics has clearly never read The Screwtape Letters, or even considered what they are doing. It’s literally a defined tactic of the Devil himself. And as for your judgment rendered upon tens of millions of American Christians? ... I think that speaks for itself.

Not to directly defend Fuzzy Bear, who keeps going lower and lower in my esteem seemingly every day, but C.S. Lewis was a lay theologian whose writing on the subject of damnation, while influential for some very good reasons, is still merely intelligent speculation that can be disagreed with while still being a Christian in good standing. I say this as an avowed (but far from uncritical) Inklings man myself.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »

You just did so just now. As I said, I shall not flinch this time.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2019, 08:31:38 AM »

That wasn't supposed to be an attack I'm sorry you tool it that way
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »

I think there is a certain generation clash that causes FB to end up at loggerheads with various posters, even as Republicans with much more ... suspect opinions fly relatively under the radar. Keep in mind this is a personal theory, but most of our millennial and Gen Z posters speak and conduct themselves in a very similar way, informed by the internet culture fostered by SomethingAwful and 4chan and their various cliques and descendant websites. Like, ChairmanSanchez has opinions that are diametrically opposed to me, but because we are part of the same cohort we kind of talk in a similar manner - same with many other posters across the ideological spectrum.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2019, 10:25:52 PM »

That wasn't supposed to be an attack I'm sorry you tool it that way

TSA is a good dude; we just have irreconcilable differences on Middle East issues and the virtues of Tlaib and Omar.  There aren't too many people I think I've been unfair to, but I may have been to him in a recent exchange.

Harry, on the other hand, speaks for himself.  To respond to someone as "Look who came crawling back!" does sort of speak for itself does it not?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2019, 11:13:07 PM »

Amazing how polarizing Fuzzy is, and also how high turnout this poll is. I mean, even if it was created months ago, the fact that it's now 10 pages long and still going is a testament to the energy Fuzzy creates. Most users don't even get half as many responses.

Not that it is necessarily a good thing, though... Opinion Of polls that get many responses and many pages of discussion tend to be about controversial users. I'm not sure if we've had any other similar situations where the user was simply well-liked with no larger dispute.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2019, 11:16:43 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2019, 11:47:03 PM by 2,868,691 »

TSA is a good dude; we just have irreconcilable differences on Middle East issues and the virtues of Tlaib and Omar.  There aren't too many people I think I've been unfair to, but I may have been to him in a recent exchange.

Harry, on the other hand, speaks for himself.  To respond to someone as "Look who came crawling back!" does sort of speak for itself does it not?

Fuzzy, Fuzzy, Fuzzy ... this is a prime example of why we're all legitimately worried about you.

Hint: Reread page 10 of this thread, paying close attention to who posted what.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2019, 01:09:02 AM »

Amazing how polarizing Fuzzy is, and also how high turnout this poll is. I mean, even if it was created months ago, the fact that it's now 10 pages long and still going is a testament to the energy Fuzzy creates. Most users don't even get half as many responses.

Not that it is necessarily a good thing, though... Opinion Of polls that get many responses and many pages of discussion tend to be about controversial users. I'm not sure if we've had any other similar situations where the user was simply well-liked with no larger dispute.

Well, I ain't gonna go back and do the math, but I'd guess about 5 of those 10 pages are Fuzzy himself.  Not that that isn't his prerogative or predisposition or both.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2019, 10:01:01 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2019, 10:28:35 AM by Fuzzy Stands With The Bahamian People and Sanchez! »

Well, I ain't gonna go back and do the math, but I'd guess about 5 of those 10 pages are Fuzzy himself.  Not that that isn't his prerogative or predisposition or both.

I've got 15-16 posts out of 208 in this thread, many of which to respond to personal attacks.

As to why I seem to generate so much energy:

I usually find his posts long-winded and unpersuasive, but for reasons that I've never understood he also tends to expose some serious ideological blind spots in those who disagree with him most vehemently.

I've seen it in discussions of everything from abortion, to immigration, to religious freedom. There is value in that, especially when he's often the only person voicing opinions that are common elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies