Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13957 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 05:13:57 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2019, 06:26:47 PM by Elliot County Populist »

Compared to hardcore bigots like Naso, Donborvio, and the recently banned stormfront guy he isn’t awful. But he’s a complete partisan hack who repeats talking points long after they are debunked and loves to shut derail threads with pointless topics

TIL voting for Obama/Gillum/Nelson is a partisan hack. When's the last time you voted for someone of the opposite party outside the county level?

You can fall FB a lot of sh**t, but partisan hack isn't one of them.

Whether for better or worse Fuzzy Bear is the closest to an American Swing voter there is on this forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

I HATE FUZZY PERSON BUT I PREY FOR HIM.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 06:19:27 PM »

Anyway.

Sanctimonious as hell. Not a fan.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »

Both the FF and HP voters have a point.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2019, 06:37:33 PM »

FF

Both sides DO do it.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 07:40:30 PM »

Overall he's an FF and a nice guy but its so easy to tell he's a boomer.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »

I found his posts interesting when I first joined this site but he sucks now. He's incredibly intellectually dishonest, rarely insightful, and at this point very predictable. I am sad at how he's been corrupted by white grievance politics and culture war.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »

Definitely in the top 10 posters on this forum, FF
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2019, 11:08:18 PM »

Definite FF. One of the best. I admire his patience.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2019, 11:20:42 PM »

However I may feel about Fuzzy Bear's political beliefs (and I do agree w/ some of the other posters that I think he's being disingenuous in some respects), I think this forum is un-necessary cruel in some respects. Writing things like ''everyone hates you'' is un-necessary and an attempt to strike at what some posters may consider his weakest spot.

Politically speaking, I think everyone is a hypocrite...myself included in some respects. But resorting to personal attacks that strike at the heart of an individual's psychological weaknesses is un-necessary.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2019, 04:58:42 PM »

Neutral. While he does have good insights into politics from long before most of us were born, I don't like his whatabout-isms.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »

He's J. J. but even more persistent and block-headed.
He's jmfcst but without a sense of humor.
He's Naso but more prolific in his shilling for Donald Trump.
He's CARLHAYDEN but potentially more senile.

I'm surprised and disappointed to see so many posts to the effect of "I'm not a fan of the far-right social positions but nice guy FF!!" from the left-of-center posters here.  Anybody can fart out seven paragraphs of voluminous bullsh**t articulating, for example, why all immigration should be banned or why a 5th grade rape victim should be forced to carry to term, but it shouldn't automatically elicit a "wow he's so thoughtful!" reaction.  This is Reading Comprehension 101, folks.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2019, 11:14:57 PM »

See, the part I don't get is why people think I'm a hypocrite.  I get why people may disagree strongly with me, particularly on the hot button issues of immigration and abortion, but why one would say I'm a hypocrite is beyond me.  Unless that's the standard insult some folks here reserve for Christians.

A hypocrite is an "actor", someone who poses as one thing, while truly being something else.  Now if you think some of my beliefs may be at odds with others, that's a different story, and I'll admit to being of two minds on some things. 

I would suggest to folks here that if I were really a hypocrite, it would be easy for me to advocate a position on abortion different from what I do.  That would be fine with a lot of folks who view me as a hypocrite; they would view me as having come to my senses then.  Of course, I would then be claiming my love for God while blowing off what I firmly believe His Will to be on that subject. 

So show me how I'm a hypocrite.  That ought to be good.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2019, 11:33:50 PM »

^ You forgot to directly address that to the one (1) person who called you that in this thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2019, 11:56:16 PM »

Somewhere between Enlightened Centrist's, Santander's, and PR's opinions.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2019, 05:51:50 AM »

^ You forgot to directly address that to the one (1) person who called you that in this thread.

I'll get around to it.  I have a family to support, so I have to show up to work today.  Do you?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2019, 06:16:12 AM »

Somewhere between Enlightened Centrist's, Santander's, and PR's opinions.

I.e. terrible.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 10:00:04 AM »

I'll get around to it.  I have a family to support, so I have to show up to work today.  Do you?

Yeah Joe......DO YOU?  HMMMMMMMMMM?   
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 10:07:30 AM »

I'll get around to it.  I have a family to support, so I have to show up to work today.  Do you?

A great example of why I voted HP, a condescending, verbose, and obstinate posting style more than anything else.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 04:22:28 PM »

I'll get around to it.  I have a family to support, so I have to show up to work today.  Do you?

Yes to working today and yes to having a family to support, not that it matters.  Thank you for voluntarily allowing your bitter vindictive personality to briefly slip through the 'kindly grandpa' facade there.  Saves us the trouble of trying to pull it down to show the rest of the people you’re fooling.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2019, 05:58:31 PM »

I usually find his posts long-winded and unpersuasive, but for reasons that I've never understood he also tends to expose some serious ideological blind spots in those who disagree with him most vehemently.

I've seen it in discussions of everything from abortion, to immigration, to religious freedom. There is value in that, especially when he's often the only person voicing opinions that are common elsewhere.

Averroes has summed up my thoughts on Fuzzy very succinctly here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2019, 11:20:50 PM »

Yes to working today and yes to having a family to support, not that it matters.  Thank you for voluntarily allowing your bitter vindictive personality to briefly slip through the 'kindly grandpa' facade there.  Saves us the trouble of trying to pull it down to show the rest of the people you’re fooling.

I'm not bitter and vindictive, but I am competitive, and I'm going to push back when people dump on me personally.  This forum is full of folks that can dish it out, but not take it, unless they have 7 or 8 allied poised at their keyboard to provide backup.  You're one of those, but that's OK.  If there's ever been a thread here where you had to stand alone and defend your viewpoint, I'll gladly eat my words, so long as it's in the past and not something you manufacture next week just to counter me.  Perhaps the Atlas Fact Checkers will be hard at work at 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .

If I were bitter and vindictive, I'd have left here in a snit 5,000 posts ago.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »

Nice poster, FF. Don't agree with him on most issues, though.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2019, 10:02:39 AM »

Compared to hardcore bigots like Naso, Donborvio, and the recently banned stormfront guy he isn’t awful. But he’s a complete partisan hack who repeats talking points long after they are debunked and loves to shut derail threads with pointless topics

TIL voting for Obama/Gillum/Nelson is a partisan hack. When's the last time you voted for someone of the opposite party outside the county level?

You can fall FB a lot of sh**t, but partisan hack isn't one of them.

Whether for better or worse Fuzzy Bear is the closest to an American Swing voter there is on this forum.

This

A lot of Atlas seems to think swing voters only come from the bottom right quadrant of the chart, and consequently has a lot of trouble dealing with the top left quadrant swing vote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2019, 10:22:54 AM »

Definite FF!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies